Coleus Chatters thru April 8th...

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Good Morning! I do hope this finds everyone well and ready to spring into 'coleus action'! We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/968343/#new

No song today, not enough time right now. But if anyone else has a great song I would love to hear it.

Coleus Gnash Rambler

Thumbnail by Brinda
Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I put this on the other thread as I didn't see where you had put up a new one so I'll repeat it LOL
From RD I got Wild Lime, White Lace , Felix, Ruby Lazer, And one called Magenta something. The ones I got from rvnsbrk I can't begin to name off as there are so many, and they are nice too for starter plants.

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Mine came in on Wed., here they are all potted up.
I ordered:
Caracas
Chelsea Rose
Citron Ruffles
Felix
Goldfinch
Lemon Sunsation
Paisley Shaw
Smallwod's Driveway
Truth or Consequences
Trailing Salamander and got 2 bonus, Eleanor and Gold Twist

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

Good afternoon all. Brin is going to lead me astray?? Oh, okay, we'll take turns. We'll stray my way, then her way, then we'll get Chris, oh boy, we are in trouble. Citrus Punch at the pool sounds wonderful. I can't wait to get ours open again...need the exercise...

Now, I've kept quiet about the 50, but, it will get better. I'm 53 and I really like it now..

I had the craziest day yesterday. First, got a message the p.o. had a delivery they were holding. Hostas! Then UPS showed up... hardy geraniums. Then USPS showed up with peonies. And last but not least, through the regular mail, I got a gloriosa lily vine from another DGer as a belated birthday present. I know, I know, not a single coleus in the bunch, but what a haul. LOL!! Now, I need a delivery of energy!

Got to get busy, going out tonight for once! Yippeee!! Peg

Rasberry Sundae

Thumbnail by merpeg
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I have had cut peonies that looked just like that. Such a beauty. Sounds like you had Christmas at your house.

So did I! I went nuts! I went 3 days in a row waiting for them to get their Hawaiian bromeliads in. 150 were ordered. And was I rewarded! I got there today and they had not put them out yet so I was allowed to go in the back and pick the ones I wanted. Dream come true! So I had to be a plant pig! What timing!

I had 3 of these carts to greedily go thru.

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

My cart!

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

My favorite catch!

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I also got 2 coleus.

Thumbnail by Kell
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I love the rustic orange!!!

Stockholm, Sweden

.... and I'm soon 54 and it is no big deal. It is OK, since my coleus collection keeps me young! ... and the mealies keeps me alert and at the war path....

Oh Kell, I wish that cart of yours was mine..... LOL.

Over here, it will take a number of weeks from now before any idea buying plants.

Oh Kell, I am starting to get weak, starting to slide...

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Do you like those ever so LIME green trees there, Sue?

Yes, I love anything lime or chartruese, and I don't think I have ever seen those.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone!

I am so beat! I didn't even get to do what I had planned to do today, got side tracked on my way out the door. But all in all, it was a great day. Allan is so mad at me but oh well... he will get over it sooner or later. LOL Will be back later...

Kell, what is in front of those green trees on that cart?

Cabbage!! Or flowering kale I think they're called. I didn't even see those until you pointed them out.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

What did you do Brinda.......?

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

LOL Juanita, I went shopping! But not the typical shopping... a block away from me there is a little old lady that has been moved to a nursing home and her kids were auctioning off her house & her belongings. The auction was yesterday and I was interested in the house. She also has these 4 big cement urns that I admire everytime I pass by her house. Well, guess who owns those beauties now? LOL The reason that Allan was mad at me is because he was at work and I had to call him to help move those urns. I have no idea how much one weighs but it took me, Allan & Braden to move just 1 of them. Braden came home and got my garden wagon and we hauled them home 1 at a time. LOL I was thrilled... and I got them for $5.00 each. I think Allan was ticked because he knows that he will be the one that has to move them around the yard until I find a place that I like them. LOL So after that I made him go to Statuary World with me so I could show him how much they are new... $130.00 each! I think he feels better now!

Another thing at the auction, she had 2 marble top stands that I wanted to put pots on in the garden. There was some grungy old man there that outbid me and I got ticked off. Doesn't he know how important things like that are for the garden? LOL Anyway, the lady also had some Noritake china and there was no way I was letting that old man buy them. I have no idea what I got (and really don't even like the pattern) but I'm the proud owner of it now. I have searched the net and can only come up with one thing. Apparently it was a pattern that they made back in 1953, porcelain with gold plating and also a crown above the N on the back. I'm probably not making any sense at all and I don't even know how much is in the two huge boxes that I brought home. It is still wrapped from when it was sent from Noritake. Anyone know this pattern? The name on the back is A Sevre Decor.

Allan thinks I did better on the china than I did on the urns. Ha! What does he know? LOL

Thumbnail by Brinda
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

LOL!! You are just like me. I brought these 2 cement urns from my MIL's last summer. Heavy as heck. DH was not too happy about miving them around either. Whilst his sisters were fighting over stuff in the house I was outside getting all the good garden stuff. I did better then they did. :0)

Juanita

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I love cement urns. You can do the best combo pots ever!

Brinny, those are long stem cabbage cut flowers. I do not know how they get them to be 2 feet long. I think 1 dozen were $4.95! I love them! I have seen them at florists but they are so expensive.

So Sue you never said if you want the lime green tree. I am getting attached to them both. It is only $10, such a great deal I cannot believe it. Hey Brin can use them in her new cement urns and plant lime green and pink coleus around them. Be still my gaudy colored heart.

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Look at this display. I wanted it! LOL

Hey Brin, see the cement urns in the backgound, the tag says $100 each.

Thumbnail by Kell
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Oh Kell, I gotta have it. Send it to VA please! :0)

Juanita

Oh shoot, my big eyes and open mouth when you said the price didn't say YES enough?! YES! I am already walking around deciding where to put it and where else I NEED one! Look at how lime they are!!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Juanita, you want the bird? Me too. So cute!

Now if my husband says anythingI will say oh Sue is paying me for some of those plants. It is not as bad as it looks. LOL!

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Hmmm..coleus? Feel free to speculate on the names of these>

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Good Morning,

Am I just starting to be a grouchy old lady or does anyone else find the ads at the top of the pages annoying?? Just curious.

Someone go to the Marketplace and snatch up those last 2 coleus lots. There are more in the pipeline. :0)

Juanita

Stockholm, Sweden

In my opinion, all ads I haven't sought for myself, are annoying.

But I really AM a grouchy old lady.......LOL

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I am a grumpy old man and I find the ads annoying. I can't grow anything they are advertising and if I could I know places to get it cheaper.

I will check Marketplace right now.

As yet un-named>

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I voted for the ads. I love to see what our GW vendors are offering. It helps pay the rent at DG and gives me another photo to look at.

It's going to be awhile before I get active on this forum, still icicles hanging from the balcony above. It's SUPPOSED to be spring! But I love looking at everybody else's babies!

I love the ads. You can always just turn them off you you truly hate them

Nice coleus Dale!!

Hey, I had this thread tagged and thought this would be a good time to go through the pictures again of goodoldbake's beautiful 2006 containers for ideas.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/632031/

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Seedy,

Welcome

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh Sue what a nice thread... I bookmarked it... will be looking more with my morning coffee next weekend... thank you

hello and welcome Seedy

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Welcome and glad you could join us Seedy!!! It's great when someone from such a different climate can give us some insights.

Juanita

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

You have some little lovelies there Seedy. Welcome to our little world of coleus!

OSLO, Norway

hi !
Thanks for welcoming me to the group. To day I took a photo of one of my "baby's" plant box in my window.
This is seeds from some "strange shape on leaves plants " that popped up last year. I like to make my one seeds, since there is not many named varieties to get hold of in my country. The red ones is seeds from a named one that actually is green and red on the leaves.
Its in the middle of the night here, so we do have a time difference,between us!

see you later!!

Seedy

Thumbnail by seedyorf
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Seedy welcome to the group. Nice looking lot you have there.

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi Seedy. I love your babies. How do you collect your seeds?

Stockholm, Sweden

Warmly welcome Seedy - good to see a Norwegian coleus lover here in Coleus Forum!
I felt so "alone" here from my little corner of the world (Scandinavia).

I'm Norwegian too, but live in Sweden since 1995 .... due to some irresistable Swedish male charm.

By the way, does your first name start with an "F" ? LOL!

Alice

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Beautiful plants! So colorful, do you guys collect seeds or not? Or cuttings only to progagate?
Teresa

OSLO, Norway

hi every one!
to Alice_sunn- my name start with a F, so you know me!

I collect seed. Every year, I let my best plant from the different color and shape to make seeds.
I do that by "starving" them from late summer, and I do not take cuttings or take off flowers.To" survive" they produce seeds. I have noticed that the blue flowers is best to make seeds. I send a picture with a strange leaved coleus having both white,and blue flowers .This is the seed I now have baby's from. (one of them)

Here in Norway there is very few coleus offered for sale, so seed is nearly the only offer. I bought a lot of different seed 12 years ago and have been producing seeds since. I sell plants, and try to get people to use them in outdoors pots or in their gardens.

lol Seedy

Thumbnail by seedyorf

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.