Clematis Rooguchi coming this week!

Kannapolis, NC

Lily: That's a gorgeous combo! I only have one KO rose that DH bought, as I shop for fragrance, generally, especially roses, and the red climber that I have Rooguchi planted with isn't even a cultivar that I know. It's another he bought at Big Lots and didn't keep the tag, but it has the most amazing, beautiful burgundy leaves right now. The leaf color alone is stunning.

Angie, that red rose of yours looks so lush and healthy! Wow. Okay, Ladies, I'll keep everyone posted on the progress of my Rooguchi. Other Angie: let me know if yours appears, too. I've already added Niobe to my wish list.

Let the games begin!

Angie

Kannapolis, NC

Well, I'm doing the victory dance!!! My Clematis `Rooguchi' is already blooming and I wasn't expecting blooms until next season. I'm so happy, happy, happy.

Here it is:

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
Appleton, WI

Congratulations! I've heard a lot of great things about Brushwood and wouldn't hesitate to order from them.

Delaware, OH

that is a good success story for a rooguchi...congrats. remember winter protection as in much etc as it may not be as hardy as some clems, but you are in a warmer zone , probably perfect for roguchis!

Kannapolis, NC

Thanks, everyone. I'll be sure to mulch this baby well for winter.

Angie

Kannapolis, NC

The bells are opening:

This picture gives you some idea of how small this plant still is.

This message was edited Jul 8, 2009 7:36 PM

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
Delaware, OH

pretty. the small one i put in at some point this spring is growing, but i do not think will bloom this year, which is fine. just want it to establish and thrive so i can end my curse with this clem!

i like yours, can see what it is such a coveted clem.....i saw one in northern calif once at chalk hill display garden that was about 4 ft tall, so it will be taller in future probably.

Kannapolis, NC

Hi, Clem. I know it will get larger (at least I hope) and now I'm looking for a similar white one for the other side of this trellis, which has a red rose in the center. Can you recommend one? I looked at Clematis on the Web for some ideas, but most of the small white ones were rather rare and not suited for my climate. Kaiu was one I looked at and Alba was another. What do you think? I'd like to have that trellis blooming red, white and blue for next 4th of July!

Angie

Delaware, OH

clematis albaflora...very vigorous herbaceous non clinging white with long bloom span, i will attach photo of it with perrins pride. it is much better plant that hakuree. consider albaflora it if you want some fast establishment and floriferousness...here it is . a must in the clem garden. cut down after first bloom period and you will have another one. treat as you would a coneflower or other perennial flower of that nature.

another choice that would be interesting is recta purpura, a shorter, pretty foliaege species with white blooms. if have pic will attach on another post as we can post two on one here on dg.

here is albaflora with perrins pride.

Thumbnail by ClematisGuru

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.