CLEMATIS SEEDLINGS

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Zounds! Where did you plant all of them?

Louisville, KY

I planted a lot along my fence perhaps 6 0r 8 inches apart. I have 60r 8 nestleing under some leaves in my cold frame and some died from neglect.

We can all look forward to your photos when they bloom.

Louisville, KY

Thanks Pirl

After that one bloomed last fall, I have been really interested in what I will see next spring.

I am going to sow somemore seeds this week if i can get to it. I have had a bad cold and still haven't finished mulching roses. I am pretty new with roses, but am getting advice from a rose society judge and multiple queen of show winner at midwest and south rose shows.

Good luck. I still have to sow the seeds I have saved.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

My baby vines didn't flower this year. I got some clematis seeds from friends and from trades. I am trying winter sowing with other types of seeds for the first time this year. I will try some of the clem seeds also. Any tips for starting clems from seed are welcome!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

GardenQuilts,

don't be discouraged if you don't get anything the first year. some clem seeds can take as long as 2-3 years to start to grow.

Janet

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

My New Year's plans were canceled by the storm, so I winter sowed some seeds including Clematis. Maybe the blue moon will give me luck. I'll see how they do. I respect the skill and patience of the hybridizers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.