Purple plum tree

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

girdling! I knew the base looked "funny" but the word escaped me. Girdling! that's what it looks like. I believe I have soil suitable for either plum or peach. wouldn't it be something if I found the tag, that could likely be it.

Didn't think I could actually pull that tree up at this late date. It has been there a few years.

Thanks Brian and Snapple. I appreciate your generosity with all this info. Mr Puny thanks you too, lol. You have helped spare his life!

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

If you can get whatever is girdling it, it will definitely do better.

here's today pic of Mr Puny. Vastly improved after some fertilization and pruning. Thanks for all the good advice.

Thumbnail by vossner
Barmera, Australia

G'Day
Your Mr Puny might need a name change, it is good to see him growing like a decent tree. Reminds me of the advert from long ago of the weakling that had sand kicked in his face and because of that joined a body building club and from then on no one kicked sand in his face and he got the lovely girl. You might have to watch out or Mr Puny might elope with the Peach from next door.
Regards Brian

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Ya done good, Nery !!!

Just took this pic, late Feb 2010. Tree is looking better and better. Fertilization is key, again, thanks for the good advice, y'all.

Thumbnail by vossner
Danville, IN

What a great story! Your patience has paid off, and it looks like your tree "appreciates" all of your attention and help. Thanks for the follow-up.

Barmera, Australia

G'Day
Great to see the favourable outcome. Now "Mr Puny" becomes "Muscles".
Thanks for the followup.
Brian

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Yes looking much better this year, off to a good start.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.