BOGO - FREE

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yup...buy one house plant get one free IF you sign up for HD's gardening club (free to do). So GET OVER THERE and get your freebie!! So what did I score? TWO Gardenia trees - of course!!! Yes, I know...I kill every Gardenia in a pot...maybe 09' will be my year to turn that curse around!!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

They send usually at least two coupons every month via email if you sign up. Most of the time they're pretty good coupons, like buy one get one free plants or a good discount on a fertilizer or bug spray.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Wooo-whoooo....now I'm really excited...cut two of the blooms and have them beside my desk...thinkin' to myself THIS is what heaven must smell like!!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Sniff :( No HD here and I hate Lowes, they never have anything!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

NO HD??? I didn't think that was possible....how far is the closest one?

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I recently saw a poster in the houseplant section at the HD in Leesburg about signing up for the "Garden Club", and asked about it at the Customer Service Desk. Unfortunately, no one working there knew any of the specifics or how to sign up, and recommended that I come back later when the person in the know would be there. I'll keep checking when I stop in, unless it can be done on-line - anyone know? Terri

Port Washington, NY(Zone 7a)

You can sign up online.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Good idea...I guess you can print out something showing that you signed up so you can take advantage of the buy one get one free

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

No HD :( Anything's possible in this town! There are two, one in Roanoke (an hour) and one in Waynesboro (40 min) but I never have enough time to make the trip - probably a good thing! LOL

Shenandoah Valley, VA

As much traveling as you all do, you should sign up anyway, Debbie. There's bound to be HDs at or near a lot of the places where you all do shows.

Here you go, Terri.

http://www.homedepotgardenclub.com

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Hart, you're going to get me in trouble! LOL I know for a fact that there are HDs in the areas we travel but to tell you the truth, when we leave at the end of the day, the farthest thing from my mind is stopping to look at plants - all I want to do is hit the sack!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

"the farthest thing from my mind is stopping to look at plants" - oh...some day...

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

LOL, maybe I should reword that! I actually longingly look in the direction of HD thinking of what goodies may be waiting for me but I'm just too pooped to crawl out of the truck and take the time to look :)

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Debbie - you know, there's a HD right at the intersection of Braddock & Little River Turnpike by GS... probably right on your way out of town... I'm just sayin'.

Snicker, snicker. ;->

Seriously - I DO understand your exhaustion at the end of a day of sales.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Nahhhh I knew what you meant...ya'll put in some LONG hours - don't know how you do it!!!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Barb, that was the exact HD that came to mind! It's always so tempting, but we always have a 3.5 hr drive ahead of us :( If Phoebe is with us, I'm always thinking more of her, rather than me - hate to disturb her after we get her all settled in the truck for the long drive. Last year I even had to forego our annual side trip to Kim's Greenhouse in Broadway after the Mother's Day sale because of Phoebe - not that I minded, I'll do most anything for my "girl" :)

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

I signed up for the Garden Club online but didn't see where there was a coupon. Is this a local thing or do all the stores participate? Anyone know?

I hear you Debbie! I was just teasing about that HD - heck, I am exhausted just from SHOPPING at the GS (and others) Garden Day! ;-) And if I had a pup in the car too, well, there just wouldn't be any question.

Wyldeflwr, I had the same experience when I signed up online yesterday. Maybe we'll get a coupon via e-mail? So far, all I've gotten is a "Welcome Aboard" message.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=6323176 That was why I thought maybe printing it out. I did it IN store - took the postcard with my information filled out to the cashier with me. My DD works for HD (as does Gita) - she said she was told this would be going on till 4/24 "subject to change" of course. Maybe call your local HD and ask how you can take advantage of their offering being that you signed up online. Sorry wish I were more help.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Ok, I signed up online

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

chantell, how do you get the bogo. In person, by mail, online. I just signed up and don't see where I can get freebie.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Just print the coupons and take them to your local store. They'll send an email with the newsletter for that month, click on the coupons in the email and it takes you to a page where you can print them. They are specific to you, so you can't share the link or I'd do that for you.

BTW, Lowes will take HD coupons so if you don't have a HD nearby, you can use them at Lowes.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I only know about doing it AT the store...so ya'll need to contact your local stores and ask 1) if their participating in this and 2) how to take advantage of this offer if you sign up online.
Thanks Diane - cross posted with ya

This message was edited Mar 27, 2009 11:32 AM

Thanks.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

This is embarrassing to have to ask, but ... BOGO = ?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Buy One Get One....free. Truth be known I didnt' know till DD was so excited saying Payless Shoes has BOGO going on again..LOL I looked at her and said HUH?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I never would have gotten that -- thank you!!! lol

I wouldn't have known what it meant either until Harris-Teeter had something about "BOGO items will be totaled up at the end of your order, blah, blah, blah" posted at the registers.

Now it's my new favorite word! LOL...

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

wrightie, don't be embarassed, I was wondering the same thing when I saw this - thought it was a game until I opened the thread! LOL

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm always late to the party...

I signed up for the HD Gardening last year.

I had one of the monthly coupons that I took in to one of my F'burg stores during the summer months, and I was given alot of grief by the cashier and then the asst. store manager! They said they didn't accept those coupons because people were somehow counterfieting (sp?) them. I asked why the club was still offered then? The store manager got smart and told the cashier to try and scan the coupon, because it wouldn't go through... and lo and behold! It did!!! Imagine that! It even showed up on her cash register as exactly what the coupon was for (I don't even remember now)... and yes, she took it!

Just be prepared if one of the HD's give you a hard time.

Karen

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I grabbed a bunch of the cards at my HD tonight...so if you want me to mail you one...dmail me with your addy - please eheck w/your HD first though, to see if the buy one get one free is still taking place. Mine has stopped it.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

The current coupons are for moisture retentive potting soil and bug spray. I think they expire April 6, so should be new ones soon.

Karen, I am the coupon queen. I probably save $20-$30 a week on groceries with my coupons. I run into cashiers trying to give me a hard time on coupons all the time. I take no prisoners.

I also check out several online forums for printable coupons every week and if there are any counterfeit coupons, they're invariably listed on those forums so people can avoid them. I've never seen anything on a counterfeit HD coupon. Most of the counterfeits seem to be for fast food joints.

Interesting... I was just amazed that the cashier gave me such a hard time about it. I had never had any trouble like that anywhere! I mean, they were almost obnoxious about it.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

LOL, saw an ad in the newspaper yesterday for BOGO deals at McDonald's. I had to laugh because I probably wouldn't have known what they were advertising if I hadn't followed this thread!

for a while DH was buying lowes/HD gift cards on ebay. Some stores honored them w/ no problem and others gave us an incredibly hard time about it. Once I talked to a manager about it and he told me that a great deal of the ones avail. on ebay were bogus but that eventually they decided it was better to bring in customers who bought at a discount than to lose the sale altogether. smart man. He also said they were trying to crack down on the counterfeit gift cards but not making much progress.

Speaking of BOGO...
Denny's is doing it again.
See this link... http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/smartspending/?fpn=another%20denny%20s%20freebie%20and%20this%20time%20bring%20a%20friend>1=33009

Shenandoah Valley, VA

The new coupons:

$5 off Bayer protect and feed shrub and tree granules
Buy any Vigaro long handled garden tool, get a Vigaro Plus hand tool free
20% off all Smart Seed grass seed products

Ditto, hart - I got my first e-mail yesterday with the same coupon links.

Darn - got all excited about the Bayer stuff, hoping it was the 3-in-one for flowering plants/roses, but oh well... ;-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.