Golf Anyone? Ric & Holly's

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

There has been a bit of talk that maybe a few of the men might like to get together for a Golf Game. This thread is for anyone that would like to explore that option. Feel free to use this thread to organize your Golf date.
This is the closest Golf course. It's open to the public and have been told that it is a pretty good course, somewhat challenging. This link will take you to their home page so you can get what info you need to set up you date and to check out the course. It's only about 15 mins from our house and I will have directions to and from for anyone that wants to go play.
http://www.valleygreengolfcourse.com/
There is another course also not very faraway and I will post info on that one later.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Holly, I had Paul look at the site, he's up for a game. Lots of doglegs, but little water. Any one else?

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

still contemplating. Hard to think that far ahead.

Ok, Hubby said ok!! ( Why so slow? I just didn't know if he was up for golfing with unknown people LOL, and we never talk, LOL....)
That's two!
Any more?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I was wondering how the golf hook up was coming along. So far it looks like two LadyG's husband Paul and Sally's husband Mark. No one from my house will be going. I can run a Mapquest from my house to Valley Green Golf Course and back. It's only about 10 minutes away. Do you need to set up a tee time?

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Paul was just asking about that yesterday. He was going to bring his clubs one way or another. He is not home right now to ask about tee times. Is it hard to get on the course without tee times?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sorry I took so long. There are Tee times available starting at 12:08. I would suggest that if the guys really do want to golf they (or I) should set a tee time. If they are more willing to play it by ear they could wait till the day and just see what is available. I was told that come Tuesday the tee times start to fill up as the week progresses.
I have been thinking we might eat around 1:00 but that is pretty flexible. I'm not sure how long it takes to play a round of golf. But I figured they would eat when ever they get back.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

This sounds like fun. My only skill aligned with chasing the little white ball is getting after a garden mouse with a hoe. I don't think that would be a qualifing skill. I will patiently await all the excuses when they come home to eat. I will sponsor a prize for a new bad day excuse. Wet slippery balls don't count.

I'm sure Mark will enjoy the time with Paul, as well as the time back at swap with the other guys!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.