March is Springing In II

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Ric, they were planted a couple years ago.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

34° (Wind Chill 28°) going for the upper 50's and Sunny.

Kelli that must be an odd batch of Tulips.
I can't see how they are getting enough cold hours to bloom.

Ric

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm back and it's back to work too. I'm covered in bruises, dings and broken fingernails, but I think I'm going to survive. The only 2 items left to move are the table and the concrete planter. They will be moved today. The carpets have been cleaned. I did a deep clean on the house, next time I'll pay someone else to do it LOL! Jeff has a couple of last minute things to handle then we're done.

The pets are now handling the new place well, they seem content. A little cooler than normal today, but no complaints on my end.

I'll catch up on the posts. I'm whipped...

49.3 °F
Clear
Windchill: 49 °F
Humidity: 60%
Dew Point: 36 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.06 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles

Today
Mostly sunny. High 68. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Celia, the doggies have been neutered on Saturday...maybe you remember I wanted to do that a few months ago. I found an organization for Animal Protection who would have spayed the doggies for free, but they are doing it in association with the city hall only and the mayor should have provided food and shelter for the vets who would have stayed in the village and neuter all doggies in the village. Since the mayor delayed all this and did nothing, the Momma dog had other puppies in January, but they all died. My other DG friends on Pets asked me if they could help me with money so I could neuter the doggies ASAP. Of course I said Yes and they sent me enough money to neuter all 5 doggies left arround my house! It was a gift from Heaven, from some very special Angels! I contacted a vetspital and they had an ambulance which came for the doggies and brought them back neutered. Now you know the whole story!
The picture above was with all doggies after they came from the vetspital. I had to make some special"dresses" for the girls so their wound can heal well, without getting infected. Now they are still in my yard, getting well after the surgeries.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Here they are all eating.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I'm way behind after a full day on the road (16 hours)then resting up yesterday. I'll try to catch up but please forgive me if I leave somebody out.
Ric: hope the remodel goes well on on Robyn's parents house and that you are able to sell it quickly once you are finished.
Kiska: once you get the ash fused between the two pieces of glass, please take a photo for us all to see--and stay safe!
Adina: Glad the doggies are feeling better--how nice that your DG friends were able to help out with the expense of having the neutering done--DGers are great! My little sidekick Friday is getting neutered next week while I am at my daughter's house. Their vet is $50.00 cheaper than my vet down here in Cabot. Since I am going to be at my daughter's house all next week anyway, I might as well save the money and have Friday neutered up there.
Sharon: glad the move is over and you all survived. Sorry we didn't get to meet in person but, hey, I understand perfectly about how it is with moving! I do want to move to Harrison to be with my daughter but I'm not looking forward to the moving process at all!
Pepper: this has been a crazy season for wierd weather--it snowed in NW Arkansas over the week-end, but not where I live--although the temp was down in the 40's for a high on Saturday. That was hard to come home to after being at the beach for a week!
BP: your grandkids sure look comfy in that sleeping bag :o))
Kelli: what a pretty tulip!

As I said earlier, we came home to some chilly weather but it was warmer yesterday afternoon--up in the 60's and supposed to be up to 72 today. I need to get out and do some weeding but they are showing my house this afternoon so I will have to leave for awhile--that's okay--I can't sell it if they don't show it!

Poor Friday was exhausted after being at the pet boarders for a week. When I brought him home he promptly jumped up on the couch and went to sleep but not until he gave his "mama" lots of kisses! I can't find the photo just now--it's somewhere on my new laptop downloaded with a new photo program. I am still learning my way around it. I'll post it once I find it--LOL
Everyone have a good day--I have to tidy up the house a bit--still a little bit of vacation stuff to put away.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I found it--here's the picture of Friday

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Adina. I do remember that you were going to do that. What lovely pack! All handsome dogs. I;m glad they're doing well and home safe and that you had help with the cost. I love's Dave's.

Mau, it's fun to travel and great to be home, isn't it? Poor Friday...all tuckered out.

Sharon, nice to hear from you again! We missed you while you were moving. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets banged up in a move. I can't stay out of my own way! LOL Prissy and the kitties must be glad it's all over, too.

34.2 °F with 40º for the high. More snow last night (yuck) and more later in the week.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 30 °F
Humidity: 57%
Dew Point: 20 °F
Wind: 5.1 mphfrom the WNW
Wind Gust: 8.3 mph
Pressure: 30.04 in (Rising)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 4400 ft
Mostly Cloudy 6000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

My oldest brother had his second hip replacement surgery this morning. He's out of the OR and in recovery. His DD and I will be visiting him this afternoon.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Poor Friday! LOL!
Seriously it is very stressful for pups to be boarded like that.
He needs a snooze.
Moving we did 6 times in 5 years a while back.
It takes it's toll.
We've been here for 20 something years.
Plan on moving dirt the next time! LOL!

Adina that's a GREAT story about your pups.
The generousity of the people here NEVER cesses to amaze me.
Love their little dresses!
Did they bring them home in a box? ;-)

Sunny and right at 50 here.
We should hit 60 by the time I leave work.
The long range forecast shows us yoyo'ing between 60 and 70 every other day this week.

We'll be going back up for a 'short' work day next Saturday.
It's my nephew's 40th birthday and they are doing a surprise party at 6 PM.

Can't believe Arkansas had snow!
Mau rest up from your rest!

Ric

(Zone 3b)

29*F Snow has covered the layer of ash and so it's nice and bright again.
kelli~the ash will be good for the soil. It is a mess as it takes a long time for it finally work it's way into the soil. The soil won't be thawing for some weeks; it's so dirty and abrasive, difficult to clean up after.
Adina~~that's quite a hospital ward you've got; hope they all heal well and quickly.
marsue~Friday must be so relived to see you again. Pretty cute.
MySharona~glad the worst if over. Time to start enjoying the new home.
kwnajin~get well soon wishes, too, to your brother.
Volcanic ash on the snow.

Thumbnail by kiska

Ric, ROTFLOL!They don't come in boxes, those are mine, from the shelves I bought for t he GH. I saved them for keeping the dogies inside, I knew they will love them! In fact, I was going to keep them inside th ehouse, but since it was so warm outside and no rain , the vet said it was better if Iet them all outside.
Today we had the vet coming over to visit his pacients. He was in the neighborhood and had to come and see how the doggies were doing! He is so nice! He found me while changing the girls dresses and he looked at their wounds and at their behavior, saying they are doing great!
Thank you for caring ,guys, I'll try to catch up with you tomorrow. Posting the shelves in the GH.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 7a)

Give those pups a hug and a pat from me!

Se_eds – Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family!
Mau – I’m so sorry I missed your visit. I really wanted to make it up to Savannah to see you. It is one of my favorite areas of the SE.
Flip – Congratulations on the contract! May your move be much easier than ours!
Kiska – So glad Redoubt hasn’t affected your area in a bad way. I love your sisters idea of the ash and glass, the eagle and moose pics! Be sure to post a pic of the final project.
Adina – The people on DG are the best! I’m so glad you were able to get all the doggies taken care of. Your greenhouse is looking great!
Sally – Sweet pic of your GK’s!
Kelli – Your tulip is beautiful.
Celia – I have cuts and bruises in the most unlikely places. I keep trying to figure out what caused them, but then I think “do I really care?” LOL! I cleaned that danged house on Saturday, Then went to the grocery store for food. I’m standing in the check outline and looked down. I had dirt and bruises all over. The checkout girl looked at me like she thought I was a bum. That evening I was standing outside our beast of a truck talking to Gary. I moved one way and hit the side of my knee on the trailer hitch – bam a new bruise. I walked to the driver’s side of the truck and hit my shoulder on the rearview mirror – another new bruise! A little later I was taking a shower and the whole showerhead fell off the wall and hit me on my head! Thunk! I still have a small cut and bruise there – hidden by my bangs. This was all within a one-hour time frame. I have to laugh otherwise I’d start crying LOL! The best was the day I was at WalMart when check out girl asked me how I was doing – I told her I was all beat and banged up. I laughed, then looked behind me and saw a Nassau County Sheriff looking at me like he was ready to arrest my husband! I had to explain the situation…

61.3 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 52%
Dew Point: 44 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph
Pressure: 30.03 in (Steady)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Low 52. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

The new dining room. The brass chandelier must go, have to find something new to replace.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

like the room MySharona.. yeah, that chandelier looks kinda puny now! hahahahaha

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL Sharon!
Get the poor guy arrested!

Adina that's some nice looking shelving! and Plants!

I thought I had posted this shot yesterday.
Here's Robyn the Mudder..

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Chilly and mostly cloudy today. Rain coming in tonight and supposed to rain all day tomorrow. After all the stuff we had Sat we really don't need the rain right now. We can't til for our gardens til the ground dries up.

Good Morning!

I was going to start a new thread, but will wait until tomorrow, April 1. Wow - it's almost April!

Thanks Cindylove!
Ric - Robyn is definitely a woman of all trades! I like being able to do handy things around the house, although there are some things I'm not good at and I know it LOL!
Pepper - I hope the rain slacks off for you - send it our way.

56.5 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 50 °F
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.03 in(Steady)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Today
Partly cloudy in the morning...then mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of showers in the afternoon. High 72. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Here is the livingroom, so far...still have work to do there. The pet "thingy" will be moved into the "office". That is Callie's backside you see in it. Prissy wanted to play. The chandelier on the floor to the left was the cream colored one over the dining room table at the old house. I've painted it a flat black. It will go in the breakfast nook. I'm going to paint the table in the breakfast nook a flat black also this weekend then distress it. I purchased 2 short bar stools for the kitchen that will be painted then distressed this weekend (weather permitting). Meanwhile I'm looking for cushions for all of the seats. Plans, plans, plans! I'll post a pic of the kitchen later.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

40º
I think it is raining. I'll see when it gets daylight.
Busy ordering seeds & plants. Need to call Dixondale plants & order onion plants this morning. Ordered a bunch of seed the last few days. I have a place I can buy things by the pound. It takes a lot of seed to do 5 acres!

Busy with the cabinets. Work keeps coming in.

We are busy updating our electric to the outbuildings & also putting in new & bigger water lines at the same time. They both go underground, so use the same trench. The water lines can only be used when no freezing temperatures abound. The trenches are shallow, so the water would freeze in the lines. When fall comes, we unhook the lines & blow the water out with the air compressor.

Big snow storm up around the flood area of NW MN & Eastern ND. The water is going down, but could go up again when the snow starts to melt again.

Granddaughter is in dance & yesterday had to get all dolled up for pictures.

Have a Great Day!
Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, Sharon, at your description of the bumps and bruises--sounds like it was a "comedy of errors"--much like our trip home on Saturday--after 3 wrong turns it only took us 16 hours to get home from GA instead of 13! LOL Your new place is looking great! I saw some yard art at one of the little shops on Tybee Island that was really neat--the person had used the arms off a chandelier like the brass one in your pic and put them on a "person" he sculpted out of various objects. Maybe you could use your chandelier for a project like that.
Ric: I've said it before but I'll repeat myself: Robyn is one talented lady!
It's raining here today, too, pepper. Guess I won't be doing any weeding today but the rain will make the ground soft which will make it easier to do some weeding once the rain stops.

"They" were supposed to show my house yesterday but I don't think anyone showed up. The lights were still on when I got back home and there was no real estate card on the countertop. It really makes me angry when I vacate the place only to find out nobody 'showed'. GRRRR!

I have to vacate the place for a couple of hours again today. My real estate lady is having an open house specifically for other real estate agents to see the place so they will know if any of their clients might be interested. She also has a video of the house on their website.

Y'all have a good day, whatever the weather is where you live!

(Zone 7a)

Very tired today. More bad weather coming. My brother is doing very well after his surgery. He had his first physical therapy about 5 hours after he woke. Going to visit him again tonight. We got him to laughing and had a good time.

39.9 °F with 45º for our high. It's dark and gloomy.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 40 °F
Humidity: 53%
Dew Point: 24 °F
Wind Gust: 14.5 mph
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 6500 ft
Mostly Cloudy 11000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

The Yoshino cherry will open any day now.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Celia, I'll keep your brother in my prayers. I'm glad he is doing well. Seems your Yoshino tree will have lots of blooms!
Sharon, you poor thing! I had to laugh though!LOL Love your new home! I'd keep the chandelier...could you take a closer picture?
Ric, Robyn is quite a painter! I hope you guys are resting sometimes!
Bernie, what a beautiful doll!
Mau, I hope your house sells soon!
Kiska, can you breathe outside?
My Hyacinthus have bloomed! The temps are very high these days, arround 80!!They said it'll rain tonight. The wind has been blowing hard all day, still I digged a lot. The pups are fine, playing and being naughty!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

it's a beautiful 60 here but windy so it makes it a bit cooler. However the sun is shining & my seedlings are sprouting.
My hyacinth & daffodils have already bloomed but I hope for more & hopefully not just get greenery on the other spring bulbs.. though I have to remember it's still new into springtime! hahaha

(Zone 3b)

26*F Sunny this afternoon.
The fresh snow gave the ash covered snow a clean look.
We didn't go outdoors when the ash was falling, so breathing was ok. We do have masks should the need arise.
Sunrise 7:20 AM AKDT
Sunset: 8:41 PM AKDT
MySharona~get well soon~you're going to have a wonderful "new" set when finished.
marsue~hope the showing goes well; the more, the better.
Bernie~what a cutee/ so much fun watching those little ones.
hello all~gotta get busy:)

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PDT on March 31, 2009
73 °F
Clear
Humidity: 21%
Dew Point: 31 °F
Wind: 6 mph from the SSE
Pressure: 29.97 in (Falling)
UV: 9 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

If you wonder why there haven't been any hiking pictures, it's because I haven't been feeling well for the past couple weeks.

lemon tree

Thumbnail by Kelli

Freesia laxa - which is not the same thing as regular freesias

Thumbnail by Kelli

"Scentimental" - a number of years ago a went through a phase where I was really big on striped roses.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

kwanjin.. I will keep you & your brother in prayer.. hope you both are feeling better soon.
Cindy

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Kelli, I like that rose.. I don't have a striped one but have one that goes from red to white & smells wonderful..called Double Delight..it's my favorite. Of course now I have no more room in the garden..may go to more containers! hahaha

Bernie – Your GD is beautiful!
Mau – that’s quite all right! I have to laugh too. LOL! This chandelier belongs to the owner so it’s getting wrapped and placed in the attic along with the dated ceiling fans and blinds in the kitchen. How did the showing go today?
Celia – I missed the info on your brother. What happened? I am glad he is doing well.
Adina – LOL! The chandelier is dated and is showing some serious signs of wear. It hasn’t been taken care of over the years and it’s too small for the furnishings. I’m going to Home Depot and Lowes this weekend to see if I can find something that fits the room better.
Kelli – I hope you are feeling better. Does it have anything to do with the root canal? The blooms are very pretty and send me some lemons!

I have plants in the yard that I don’t know the names. There are birdcalls I’ve never heard. Butterflies I never saw at the old house. I’m only 4 miles South of where we used to live LOL!

66.2 °F
Light Rain
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 60 °F
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 29.92 in (Rising)
Visibility: 7.0 miles
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 1900 ft
Overcast 3200 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Severe Thunderstorm Watch in effect until midnight...
Flood Watch in effect through Thursday evening...

Tonight
Warmer with showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may be severe with damaging winds and hail. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Low 61. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.

There are 3 of these trees in the back yard. Any ideas? I hear thunder :)

Thumbnail by MySharona

Thank you, Cindy, and I know what you mean about needing more room. On the other hand, we can't keep weeded what we have.

Sharon, it would appear that the ailment has to do with a buildup of too much of a medication I am taking. I didn't take it today and I feel some improvement. I hope that's the answer. I was tested for thyroid and anemia and it isn't either of those.

Another of those tulips that aren't supposed to bloom here.

Thumbnail by Kelli

and another

Thumbnail by Kelli
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Grandpas are supposed to brag, right?
She is only in kindergarten & can read almost anything. She actually figured out how to read on her own by sounding out the words.
So far she hasn't got bored with school. I think she will do great.

It was snowing for a while this late afternoon & evening. Temp is now 33º.

We are traveling to Minneapolis in the morning. Some construction company went belly - up & their assets are being sold on an online auction. Tomorrow is a day to go look at the items. My DD & SIL are going to build onto their house, so need a bunch of stuff. Hope to save some $.
I have my eye on a few things, too.

Bernie

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Cold, cloudy and WINDY today!! The wind was bone chilling cold!!

We've moved here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/969856/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.