Pressure: 30.27 in (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 4500 ft
Mostly Cloudy 7500 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Now
Through 915 am...scattered light showers will continue to move north northwest at 10 to 15 mph across the area from the coastal waters east of Flagler Beach and Saint Augustine to Palatka. Rainfall amounts will be only a few hundredths of an inch.

Today
Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. A 30% chance of showers. High 68. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Good Morning.
46.8º
Windy & rain.
Raining all night, we need it. Pretty much has taken frost out of the ground. No more mud!
Will be working in shop all day.

Bernie

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! My parents got in at 8:30 last night. We met them at a Mexican restaurant and had dinner, so we all got to bed late. The poor little bunny had to get up at 7:15 to get ready for school. I dressed her like a baby - she barely even opened her eyes. LOL She perked up a bit after I gave her some grape juice and a bagel. She'll eat a real breakfast at school.

It's going to be a nice day today. For the rest of the week, there is a good chance of rain.

Speaking of rain, I'm sorry you didn't get more of it, Kelli!

Sharon, I'm glad your sale went so well. :-)

Dyson, I'm very glad you had such a good visit with your son and his family!! ^_^

Ric, you and Robyn are amazing!

Pepper, your kitties are very cute. :-) We have two brother kitties, and they spend a lot of time "fighting", too. It's always fun to watch. LOL

Adina, I hope your dogs stay out of the spinach, too!

Celia, your new beds are going to look nice. I love that red arbor against the wall!

I'm ready to go back to bed, but instead I should be thinking about what to make for breakfast when Mom and Dad get up. :-) Have a great day, everyone!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:53am CDT (11 min ago)
Temperature 68 °F 20 °C
Dew Point 64 °F 18 °C
Humidity 87%
Pressure 29.98 in 1015.2 mb
Wind Speed 12 MPH 10 kts
Wind Dir SE 140°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 8 mi 12.9 km
Current Conditions Mostly Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 66.9°F / 19.4°C

Today Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Breezy. Highs around 80. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph in the morning increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon.

(Zone 7a)

Marylyn, that's a real breakfast for ME! LOL And thanks. I've been dying to get something planted along the back there. It's been bare for too long.

We bought a tiller Saturday! Yea!!!

We have an inch of snow outside and more falling.

32.5 °F with 45º for the high and rain after it stops snowing. Rain the rest of the week.
Light Snow Mist
Windchill: 32 °F
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 27 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 29.96 in (Steady)
Visibility: 0.5 miles
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 600 ft
Overcast 1900 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 3b)

http://www.adn.com/
Mt. Redoubt has erupted during the night; many flights cancelled and so far, the ash is going further NW of this area, toward the Willow/Talkeetna area, which is about 30-60 miles from my home.
The above link has more info.
It's 23*F ~ getting light out.
MarylynT_X~have a great time.
hi to all.

(Zone 3b)

Copied and Pasted from the Volcano Weather Site:
National Weather Service info:
It was in all-caps.
"URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ANCHORAGE AK
240 AM AKDT MON MAR 23 2009

AKZ145-231600-
/X.EXT.PAFC.AF.Y.0001.000000T0000Z-090323T1600Z/
SUSITNA VALLEY-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...TALKEETNA...WILLOW...CANTWELL
240 AM AKDT MON MAR 23 2009

...ASHFALL ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM AKDT THIS MORNING...

THE ASHFALL ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM AKDT THIS
MORNING.

REDOUBT VOLCANO AT 60.5N 152.7W HAS ERUPTED SEVERAL TIMES DURING
THE NIGHT. LIGHT ASHFALL HAS ALREADY BEEN REPORTED AT SKWENTNA.
LIGHT ASHFALL IS POSSIBLE THROUGHOUT THE SUSITNA VALLEY THIS
MORNING."

This is the volcanco web site:
http://www.avo.alaska.edu/activity/Redoubt.php

This message was edited Mar 23, 2009 7:30 AM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

YIKES!
Kiska I didn't realize how close to that you are!

(Zone 3b)

ric~ so far, so good here in the Palmer area. It's a gray, cloudy day, but not from ashfall.

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

HAPPY SPRING to one & al!!! Hope everyone is well. It's cloudy today & around the 60-70 mark. My lawn guys just cut the grass so my eyes are now really itchy..as I am allergic to grass..especially when cut!!! hahahahaha
I finished up my gardening this past weekend with help from my dear hubby! All I need to do it my containers..which I am not in a hurry! I still have a few other projects I want to do but will get to them in time.. I don't do it all at once!! hahahaha
I love gardening & it's my only true form of exercise!! hahahaha

I love all the pics..had to shave our Westies as it was getting too hot.. now they are like Prissy & just bask in the sun ( just like Prissy does!! hahahaha).

Hugs to y'all!!
Cindy

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

good morning! We're inTybee. It was cool and very windy yesterday but we enjoyed ourselves anyway--got behind a sand bar where we were sheltered by the wind and the kids made sand castles for two hours--:o))
We went to the marine science museum earlier in the afternoon and also went shopping at one of the local shops--expensive and touristy but what can you expect--it's a tourist town! LOL
Today we are renting bicycles for the 4 kids for the rest of the week.
Tomorrow we are going on a dolphin watch boat ride up at the north end of the island. We want to go into Savannah one day and take the trolley bus tour around the old downtown area. It is beautiful in old downtown Savannah--we came through it on our way to Tybee. Spanish moss on the trees, old buildings, etc., etc.
My internet connection just went south so I will try to get it back and hopefully I won't lose this post. BBL

Thumbnail by marsue
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Wellllll, I've only been able to take 2 loads today. The "brief rain" has turned out to be an all day affair. And the temps have dropped.

Now
Through 4 PM...scattered light showers continue to move through northeast Florida and southeast Georgia. The heavier showers will move into Lake Butler...Live Oak...Bryceville and White Springs. The showers are moving west to northwest at 10 to 15 mph. Rainfall amounts will be light...less than one tenth of an inch in most areas.

"Whatever" to the weather liars LOL!

63.9 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 53 °F
Wind: 0.0 mphfrom the NE
Pressure: 30.27 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 1300 ft
Mostly Cloudy 4500 ft
Overcast 6000 ft

It looks like tomorrow is going to be "the" day to get the rest of the stuff moved. Supposed to rain Wednesday & Thursday. I'm hoping to make a run up to Tybee on Thursday to see Mau.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Sharon, thanks for starting a new thread! What fun to meet Mau ! Will you take Pea and Prissy too? How is the moving ? You must be exausted...I should know! Beautiful azaleea!
Mau, have fun with the kids! Don't you like to build sand castles too? I love it!
Kiska, you are in my thoughts and prayers for staying safe with the volcano. Great pics, thanks for the link!
Celia, your hellebores are great!
It's getting warm here and it was sunny all day. Some clouds in the afternoon and windy, but I could still see the sunset.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Hooray, I get to meet Sharon, face-to-face!! Nice sunset Adina
Here's a link to my picasa web site with photos of our Tybee vacation so far for anyone who is interested:

http://picasaweb.google.com/marsue777/TybeePhotos?authkey=Gv1sRgCMn0l5W5p4SrqgE#

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

nice photos marsue!!!!! glad to see you are having a good time!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Chilly and very,very windy. We have wind advisories and flash flood warnings out here right now. Storms in KS heading our way.

We had to brace the greenhouse at work today with pallets of mulch and on the inside we put sandbags on the shelves to help hold the greenhouse down. If we didn't do that then it would have blown across I-70 to the restaruant across the way. It's that strong.

First robin sighting of the season. I heard them about a week before seeing them.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Good news Kiska!
I was afraid you were up to you Ash in Soot!

Mau great you and Sharon can hook up!
It's always fun meeting new DG'ers!

Celia REALLY good looking Hellebores there!
I finally got around to cutting off last year's dead stuff.

I'm betting kiska's sunsets are going to me much like yours Adina.
Gorgeous!

Here's where we are on the tile.
I helped her set up the first three last night.
They are crucial to get the pattern straight and the plane level.
Robyn's been busy today.
Bear in mind it hasn't been sealed.
As many of you know that will REALLY pop the colors.
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Here's the Kitchen view.
Those curtains are history BTW....LOL!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 7a)

Wow, Ric. That's looking great. My hellebores looked aweful. I had to clean them up. LOL

This one is my favorite.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 3b)

8:40 pm and Mt. Redoubt erupted again a short time ago.
ric~no ash and soot yet:)) The tiles are going to be so nice.
Very pretty, Kwanjin.
pepper~sounds like quite a windstorm ~
Adina~thank you~ I love the photo of that gorgeous red sky. Sooo pretty.
How nice that you and Sharon were able to meet, marsue. For some reason the link didn't open, but will go try again.

(Zone 7a)

Kiska, Have you had ash from this volcano before?

34.3 °F with 49º for the high. More rain on the way the rest of the week.
Overcast
Windchill: 34 °F
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 26 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.12 in (Falling)
Clouds: Overcast 6500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

49.8º
Sitting in the middle of a huge low pressure area. Raining lots on north side, Fargo, ND area. Snowing in South Dakota. We had nice rain yesterday & overnight. Plenty of wind, no problem this time of year.
We may get some snow when the system moves to the NE.
One weather guy said it was an onland hurricane. Not that bad though. Just that it covers such a large area. peppers wind was from same system.

in 2006 I gave a person a bid on 24 kitchens in some low income apartments. At that time they were getting some funding for updating. The government fooled around so long, that by the time the money was available, the roof & parking lot project costs had went up so much, (oil price being high), there was no money left for the inside work.
He called yesterday & said they were ready to start on the remodels. They are doing 2 units right now & planning 4 each year for 6 years.
I am waiting for a call back on my bid. He has an elderly father that actually owns the buildings, so he must approve.

Breakfast is ready.
Bernie

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! I need to get the big bunny ready for Bible study and scoot out of here, so I'm going to drop off my weather report, wave, and run. :-) I hope you all have a great day!

~~~~~~

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:53am CDT (3 min ago)
Temperature 70 °F 21 °C
Dew Point 64 °F 18 °C
Humidity 84%
Pressure 29.86 in 1011.1 mb
Wind Speed 15 MPH 13 kts
Wind Dir SSE 150°
Ceiling 3000 ft 914 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 69.1°F / 20.6°C

Today Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs around 80. South winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent in the morning increasing to 60 percent in the afternoon.
Tonight Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening decreasing to around 5 mph after midnight.

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

Yesterday was an interesting windy day. Many reports of gusts up to 62 mph. KHP reports 8 tractor-trailers blown over, either empty or very light loads.

One of the main streets in the south end of town had power poles snapped off & closed that street down. It was an interesting day.

There is a possibility of snow later this week & this is spring in central Kansas.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Cindy!
kiska; stay safe--hope the soot and ash stay away from you!
Ric; the tile is looking good!
sorry about the wind, pepper and petra--hope you don't get blown away!

It's promising to be a lovely day==warm and sunny
Here's the sunrise this morning

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

wildflowers growing on the dunes

Thumbnail by marsue
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Guy called this morning, we have the job!

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

yeah on the job Bernie

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Just bopping in for a lunch break. Gary and I have made 2 runs to the house. We'll be loading up shortly. I'll be offline for a while - computer is being packed up.

Waving to everyone!!!

(Zone 3b)

27*F with highs in the 30's~
Last night's eruption has not spread ash this direction.
20 years ago, when it last erupted, there was lots of ash here and I have a bit that I'd collected. It was winter, so I let the snow melt through a coffee filter. The resulting ash was then put in a bottle.
Good news, Bernie.
MySharona~see you later.
marsue~what a beautiful morning. I see there were people out walking the beach, too. Enjoy the day:)
petra~what a storm there; the winds are hard to deal with.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

57* and raining. My grass is greening up and I sowed peppers and eggplant in the house.

I'm so far behind :o( on all my threads, so I'll try to catch up later.

Adina and Ric, a very happy Belated Birthday to both!!!!

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

50°F under mostly cloudy skies this evening. The 10 day forecast calls for a mix of rainy and sunny days with highs from the low 40's to 50°

I have managed to get most of my spring clean-up finished. It's amazing how much debris can fall from the trees or blow in over the winter. It's all been raked and run through the shredder, ready to become compost. I attended a 3 day photography conference in Niagara fFalls over the past weekend. I learned a ton of information from a host of great speakers. Hopefully I'll be able to retain some of it!

Ric...........Looking good! I love tile floors.

Adina..........Awesome colors!

Bernie...........Congrats on the kitchen jobs. 24 complete kitchens is a lot of job security.

Sharona.............Moving the computer? This is serious! Looks like the big move is almost complete.

Kiska..........I was listening to the radio late last week and they said the "experts" had lowered the threat risk for the volcano. Next thing I hear the thing had blown it's top!

Photo: I spent last Thurs. evening working in the yard and awoke on Friday morning to find a nice coating of snow covering everything.

early_bloomer
I awoke last

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

I headed to the gym early last Friday before going to the
Falls and caught this scene on the way.

early_bloomer

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

A wheelbarrow of "black gold" I ran through the shredder last Thursday.

early_bloomer

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

All of my yard waste and kitchen scraps end up here.

early_bloomer

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

And finally, the apple trees are all pruned. I shredded most of the bigger branches and I pile this small stuff in the woods so the critters have a place to hide.

early_bloomer

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Early-Bloomer: What a beautiful picture of the farm. That would make a wonderful painting!!

So sorry I have fallen behind but I have wonderful news for all my peeps....WE HAVE A CONTRACT ON THE HOUSE!!!! We have been running around all day trying to get some stuff lined up because we have to be out of here the 25th of April (Oh my gosh) I was so nervous, I laid in bed last night and moved the whole house in my mind HA HA

All your messages and pictures are wonderful. Sorry if I don't address each one this time, because I am spinning right now!! Oh, by the way, it's cold here and 80 degrees where we are moving!!!

Good evening for now and I will get back to y'all later!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Today our high was only in the high 50s. Not too much wind since the system moved out overnight. Mostly cloudy and the sun is setting now.

A close up of a limb on my new blueberry.

Thumbnail by pepper23
(Zone 3b)

38*F Mostly sunny.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Real fast as I'm finalizing the Spring RU here.....

Thanks BillyP!

Congrats Bernie!

Just thought you'd like to see Robyn's work today.
The stone is sealed and I think looks pretty good.
Wu does too! lol!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 7a)

Catching up...

I think it looks great, too, Ric! Tell Robyn "good job".

I'm tired of snow.

37.2 °F with 47º for the high. 70% chance of rain/snow until midnight and then 100% snow.
Overcast
Windchill: 34 °F
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 29 °F
Wind: 4.5 mphfrom the WNW
Wind Gust: 11.4 mph
Pressure: 29.97 in (Falling)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 4700 ft
Overcast 6000 ft
(Above Ground Level)