How do you dress for the garden?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ok, if we ever move back to OR I'll get the Carthart jumpsuit, thanks for filling me in.... I definitely could have used one in the winter there - if only to refill the hummingbird feeders for the poor little Anna's that winter over there.

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

I'm so glad Michelle started this thread...it has been great fun reading the posts!

And, yes, I go straight to wherever dressed in my yard gear, all the while not caring who's watching because deep in my heart I keep a picture of me in the black velvet and gold lamee evening gown I wore to the theater with my antique jewelry bought at a local resale shop. Exquisite.

So, no, I don't care who's watching...cause they wouldn't recognize me all dressed up either!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Go Gymgirl!

Redtootsiepop,
Our mother blessed us four girls with an intact sense of self-esteem. So, I can go grunge or I can go glam with the best of 'em, and still come out ahead, 'cause I know whose I am!

I took a pic of me dressed up for a funeral , i just thought it will be a loooooooooooong time till i see that girl again LOLLL
i did the big hair thang !! LOL and make up . !

Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX(Zone 8b)

Yeah I have been told I clean up nice too ....lol

Girls are so funny.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

The grungier the better. Sometimes I even wear my dad's old overalls. I feel so connected to him then. He wore them alot on the farm. Those or jeans with suspenders. And, yep, I'll even go to the store in them if need be. :)

Jan that is neat you wear your old gramp's overalls. I have a pair of my DH's FIL he is still living but i know when he is gone i will sureley wear them more and more .
I love suspenders !!!!! got to be camo one's too !

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, no. They were always RED. :)

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

lol, somehow I pictured Gramp's suspenders were red.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

He was a very colorful guy!!! Never knew a stranger either. I wish I had paid more attention to his gardening skills. (sigh)

yes red is a good color, but i can't find red anywhere around here ? i like the rainbow ones that Robin Williams wore in that sitcom LOL none around these parts either :( just camo ? huh go figure. lol
those would be fun lol

Prince George, VA(Zone 7a)

Ladies, I'm new to Dave's Garden and I have SO enjoyed reading this thread. The gardening in work clothes with my briefcase and purse left int he driveway, going to to gardening store in my dirty clothes, etc. Been there, done that and got the dirty stained t-shirt to prove it!

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

welcome!

welcom fordr4
I found red suspenders !!!!!! at Walmart ! go figure on that one. ?

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yay!!! on finding the red ones. :)

Fordr4,
Welcome to the Garden. Looks like you're gonna fit right in!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.