Happy Spring everyone!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Woke up to snow covering the streets and lawns. Got home at 3:00 and was welcomed by the first iris blooms.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

There are still signs of winter about. And is around 30º. But the sun is out nice and bright.

Ice on the moss covered rocks in the water garden.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Same to you...what a gorgeous iris!

That is next on my list of garden colors, I'm going to be doing a blue and yellow theme in the new garden I started last year.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

That IS a beautiful Iris - do you know which one it is? Most of ours are pretty, but other than the few deep purple ones, they're kind of a washed out blue - not as rich as yours!

Hope everyone enjoyed their first day of Spring, I know I did! Took the day "off" and got a little raking and pruning done and I have the sore muscles to prove it this morning. Now I have the chore of getting rid of all those piles of debris :(

Thank you.
The name is Harmony, got them from Brent & Becky's in 2007, They really look good in mass, I scattered mine, wish I didn't, maybe they will fill in more for me. Maybe I'll add a yellow iris to that spot too.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55246/
Some of the photos in plant files are a bit washed out on the color but it is really that blue.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Chris - yes, I'm the odd ball but i LOVE that shot of ice on moss!!!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Chris - I'm planning on adding a yellow Iris as well, so Harmony will join my "list"!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.