2 more questions...

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Ok Jeanne, I'm having to wipe the drool off the keyboard after looking at your pics :) I'll never be a pro. Or maybe I already am because I know the difference between "dying" and "dormant".

My clems are climbing fast and the buds are so fat. When they open I will post a pic of them. I can't wait to see what color the NOID is.

(making sign of the cross with my fingers to ward off the dreaded wilt).

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Your clematis are all speciment plants, Jeanne. Wonderful for the eyes and it must be heavenly in person.

(Zone 4a)

Jeanne is amazing!!! Love your photo's!!! This is what I am looking forward to for the next few months!! Let 'em rip Jeanne!!!

Oh btw - the Comtess de bouchard and VV would be amazing together for sure!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks ladies...I was out all day yesterday working in the backgardens and seeing all my clematis beginning to leaf out and some fat buds await me...I saw two blooms on "Daniel Deronda" open,"Omoshio" has a gorgeous bud opened...what a glorious year this will be...I have "CdB" planted on climbing rosa "New Dawn"...two "VV" as she is one of my favs..yummy
Clematis "Solina" and "Princess Di"..

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Athens, PA

Jeanne -

Just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing and keep them coming!

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Beautiful clematis plants, everyone!! I am trying these for the first time this year - ordered two from Klehm which I planted last fall - can Clematis bloom the frst year? My Cardinal Wyszynski has two of what look like flower buds on it......and I haven't even had time to get a trellis yet other than the small wire one that came with the plant! Should I pinch these off or leave them alone? I always heard that Clematis were classic sleepers-creepers-leapers.

BTW Jeanne you must be the Clematis queen of the south! LOL

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
(Zone 4a)

I think she is LOL

Palestine, TX(Zone 8b)

Steve, I planted three clems last fall. They died back all the way to the ground. No pruning needed. They are all growing and producing buds. Quite a few actually. So yes, they can produce the first year. Since mine were self pruned basically, I didn't have to. So as long as yours died back to the ground the new growth shouldn't be pruned. At least I think that's what JeanneTX told me. Please correct me if I'm wrong, Jeanne

They do sleep, creep and leap. Dr Ruppel is in it's third year and is positively full of leaves and buds. The three newbies are doing remarkably well though. So I expect great things from them in two more years.

Jeanne

(Zone 4a)

Jeanne I think Princess di and Prince Charles would look amazing together too...nice colours! However maybe the plants wouldn't like each other since hey did divorce LOL....If I find two of those I will put them together though...your princess di is lovely.

Delaware, OH

here is prince charles and etoile rose, which as a reddish colored texensis, similar to princess diana.
i have posted this combo before, but as reference was made to the similar combo, thought maybe you would want to see it.

soon no more 08 photos......can't wait for the season to burst forth all the way.

Thumbnail by ClematisGuru
Athens, PA

CG - nice combo. I put in Prince Charles last year and have Etoile Rose coming. I think I am going to put them together like you did. That is really pretty.

Carolyn

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Very pretty, guru!

Delaware, OH

thanks. having just whacked both of those plants in the photo back, i am eagerly awaiting the 09 show.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I unfortunately and unthinkingly but Betty Corning and Prince Charles side by side last year along with an unknown old rose colored clem. Going to move Betty Corning this year but I love that Etoile Rose - better go check on it.

Delaware, OH

love betty corning too. what a great clems she is. did you know it was discovered as a chance seedling in new york?
this is betty corning with durandi from my 08 garden.

Thumbnail by ClematisGuru
(Zone 4a)

Guru that is also a fantastic combo!!! I just love pinks and purples together!!! Soooooooo pretty!

Delaware, OH

thx

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.