Partiers Check In Desk !

Jersey City, NJ

I am Michele, aka LadyCrone, and I am an escaped Partier. I live in wine country in Marlborough, the South Island of New Zealand. I am a Mother to one teen aged daughter, I am a widow, wide and gray and very opinionated. I love gardening, fibreart and people, and am currently involved in selling our house to find a smaller more easily managed property. I have some mobility issues in the form of arthritis - but it doesn't affect my typing finger. My sense of humour has been described as 'interesting' and I love a good argument. I am pleased to be here.

I am Doris, and I've been here for a couple of months, but I'm also an escapee (or is that parolee--oops, wrong forum). I garden in the Pacific Northwest, I am a seed collecting fool, and I enjoy taking photos of garden insects au naturel.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

And we're glad to have you here! I guess your gardening season is really just getting under way "down under", right? Hmmmm....perhaps when I become independently wealthy, I'll buy a second home near you, so when the season's over here, I can pick up and move to another garden where spring is...well, springing.

Terry/Go_Vols

Ooops...I meant to also let you know there's a forum called "Welcome Mat" around here somewhere. No, you won't get Disneyed for posting to the wrong forum, but we might ask Dave to move this thread to that forum.

Jay, OK(Zone 6a)

Hello Michele/Lady Crone
I followed you guys over here too. Usually lurked at GP, but laughed MAO alot at you guys!
I enjoy "interesting" humour.
As a survivor (so far) of teenage DD(17), you have my support! LOL Then I have to go thru that all over again with DS (10 now).
Party on!
Dori

Chatsworth, GA(Zone 7a)

I've been here for a while, too. Martha Stewart with a wide streak of redneck, here. Afraid I'm opinionated and argumentative at times, but I promise to be on my best behavior, lol.

I'm Gardenbabe. I live in central Florida, and I have a walk through garden with many tropicals. I love unusual plants, but I don't have to know their name to enjoy them. I am married to Lynn, and we have three sons: his, mine, and ours. Ours still lives at home, and his name is Mark. He's in college, studying to become a pharmacist. I work at the local community college teaching a lab which is a computer based program for students who didn't score high enough on their college placement test to enroll in freshman English. I'm a sweetie, who doesn't feel that fighting solves any problems. I don't mind others' opinions, and I will fight for their right to voice their opinions. However, don't try to force your ideas onto me. I am a Christian who believes that everyone has some saving grace within their makeup. If that makes me a person who looks through rose colored glasses, so be it. I love people, and I love to hug. My students continue to return to talk to me long after they have completed my classes. I think they are pretty special people, and I don't mind letting them know. DH and I just met two of the GPers while we were in New Zealand on vacation. I had plans to meet another GPer at a plant exchange, but I don't know if I will attend it now since the latest flare up with the webmaster. I will have to think about it.

Slidell, LA(Zone 8B)

Hi everybody! I've already done the welcome mat but thought I'd check in anyway. Is Treanna and psycdoc coming? With some of us getting new usernames and me being a newbie Partier anyway, I'm not sure who's who yet, except for those I recognize already.
Kay

Good idea, vols. I moved it into the Welcome Mat forum.

Welcome to DG, LadyCrone!

Dave

Welcome LadyCrone from the Sunflower State,looking forward to your posts'Sis'

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

ive been here for a year now-and youd have to pry me off this site...i dont surf much anymore, i cant keep up with the post here-hubbies happy cuz im not at ebay as much!!!
welcome to daves garden
dori-michigan

Czeching in. Actually, mostly German.

Ron/Tools

Welcome LadyCrone. Glad to have you here.

All My Best
CoCo

Already checked in elsewhere but thought I'd type something here 'cos I'm power mad !!!!

I bags first go at captaining the pirate ship if we don't get to keep our previous cap'n.

Jo

Mesa, AZ

Hello fellow Garden Partiers! I've regressed to only lurking there lately but last night I made a post, and, oh dear! it may be my fault that Spike moved up the 'pay' deadline. As hindsight, I might have guessed it would not be received kindly. On the other hand, it was the first thing I had said in 2 entire days on any message board that wasn't related to the tragic incidents. It is still hard to think of much else but I'm so glad messages were left so I knew where to find this wild, zany bunch. I am unable to post there today. Uh, just realized, you are wondering who I am/was -- I posted as O'Regano 'over there'.

hi all -- from the salty city. thanks to dave for hosting this site -- anyone heard from cap'n sp? -- i may wish to rethink my positions on some of the old questions . . . or perhaps there are some new questions here? if so could someone kindly point the way for me --

glad to see everyone anyway -- and, if this doesn't sound too corny, thanks for being my friends.

rosalie.

boonies, MT

well I still have all the chocolate until I hear from ol Cap`n snowpea so there

Travis AFB, CA(Zone 9a)

Caroline is here, and without the creativity or forethought to "change" my name.

Rapid City, SD(Zone 5b)

Welcome all :) Hope you all enjoy Dave's Garden as much as we do.

Midland, PA

Not all of the chocolate Serenity, I stopped and horded several pounds of chocolate on the way home Tuesday night. (The doc said on Monday that I could have chocolate!) I'm good for a few days now!

Hello all you fellow escapees! I'm Marcia, i live in Northwestern Ontario, Canada (north of Minnesota). I've been a veggie gardener for m-a-n-y moons and recently branched out (pun intended) into flowers. I'm about as old as the Crone, but haven't qualified for crone-dom yet! In three years, i will have survived THREE teenagers (thinking positively here because survival of the youngest one - 17 - is iffy right now!). Besides the teens (well, dd is almost 21, actually) and dh (not always "d"), a cat and dog round out the household.

Glad to be here!

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Welcome to the best garden site on the web. I'm fairly new myself. I hope you love it here as much as I do. :)

Jersey City, NJ

I have hope for a few more souls afloat on the lonely stormy seas...the Captain insisted on being last off, as usual, she was concerned about the rather large, weighty, bulky cargo lashed on deck for easy unloading. It may take a while, but we can all type with fingers crossed.

Patience...

But I've been learning to use a sextant......

...and I've been practicing my AAAAAAAAARRRRR's..

Off to sulk now, if you won't let me play at being captain.

boonies, MT

what Pam you found my secret key holder to the trunk of chocolate,,geez,,,,and JO you need to work on rolling the AAARRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH sounds a bit more,,toss in the word matey a bit more

30 mi. east of San F, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi everyone! I'm another GPer checking in with the Crone and the rest of you. I think I'm going to like this place.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Howdie Michele,
Susie-Que checking in here.
Can't say I jumped ship, more like forced to walk the plank!
While lurking at GP I noticed a completely different flavor over there, and it seems somehow, less interesting (jmho).
So thank you for introducing me to this forum!!
May I warn you all that I kinda like Martha and I can be a bit silly at times...Take it or leave it!!
I a late 30's libra with a big heart and bigger waistline.
Hitched 13 years and 2 offspring.
2 big ugly dogs and 3 obnoxious cats. Gotta luv em!
Its nice to be here!!
PEACE!
Susie

Hi Michele, Another rescued GP castaway here. This seem like a real nice place to be. Great to be here, Laura

This message was edited Friday, Sep 14th 11:12 PM

Chicagoland, IL(Zone 5a)

Greetings! I'm another GW & GP cast-off. Have been banned more than once for reasons unknown, so here I am thanks to Crone Lady. This place feels warm and fuzzy already.

I just figured out how to edit, so the comment that was here is no longer needed.

This message was edited Friday, Sep 14th 11:13 PM

Fultonville, NY

Used to occasionally post at GP but am not a "joiner", so when that became a requirement, bye bye! And I wouldn't PAY to post even if I liked the venue, considering good ol' Dave lets us do it here (and others elsewhere) for free.

I've been sent to Disney often enough to deserve a lifetime pass, but still occasionally reappear just to make the point that Spite cannot get away with unjustly banning me. I am NOT a troublemaker nor a "juvenile-minded namecaller", but a mature, respectable, peace-loving (did I just spell boring?) citizen.

Citta di Castello, UMBRIA

Short, 10 chili wider than when I arrived here (that's got to go!) expat USian and refugee. I still do have some US funds there and could have paid, but everyone seemed to be gone. I was shocked to find it closed to me, since I'd heard Oct 1. I was away for some weeks and returned to find the place much altered with a huge influx of people who reminded me of KT, a place I grew to despise. I haven't a clue what happened, although it was clear something had. Does anyone feel like emailing me some details?
I try to be always decent and kind, but it isn't my nature to be tranquil. I'm trying to learn to believe I may be wrong, since I'm living in a different culture and that would be the safer thing to do. After 30 years as a consultant, wherein one is paid to be right, to have the last word, it's very difficult to admit you sometimes haven't a clue and many times are discovering what you always believed simply isn't true.
Be kind, I am just making this change!

Been hanging out at Dafla's place a bit, too, but also here. Thought I'd check in. There seem to be a lot of GPers drifting aimlessly through cyberspace right now.

The old GP is pretty much a ghost town right now. Glad I didn't pony up for old Spike. I guess it would've been one thing to have to "contribute" for all the forums, but he singled out one in particular. What's the difference? I don't understand that. Did he think we were all such devotees that he could squeeze us? Whatever....

Vivian

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Vivian,
I agree!! How is it Spike chose the GP this time??
My DH had a good point...He said maybe Spike picked us because of all the posts about our travels, purchases, remodels ect...and thought "well gee whiz, these folks must have extra cash, so lets charge them"
I personally do not have any more money in my entertainment budget to fork out $15 for the privledge to post. I feel like if I have to pay then Spike should charge everyone and then get RID of the ads on his site!!
I am here now and so far I really like it!
After the kiddies go to sleep tonight I plan to pop a few cold ones and sit back and read as many thread as possible!
PEACE!!
Susie-Que

(Zone 6a)

Hi!---Just checking in from the fog of a horrible week in so many ways, as you all know.
My friends and new aquaintences, I ask you to please send a prayer or a thought of good will to a good friend of mine who is suffering from a malignant brain tumor-----it seems like such a small splash in the light of all that's happened, but he is my friend and I know not what else to do except to ask for whatever each person can give on his behalf! He has been battling this since Jan. and in the past 9 days has begun a very apparent spiral downward.
His name is Vince and has been a most intelligent and sharing gardener, who also looked like Robert Redford!
( Ladies used to line up at his nursery just to talk to him!!!) His wife Linda, has been and continues to be the Rock of Gibralter, but,is really showing the extent of the strain she's been under.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart----I'm positive whatever good thoughts and prayers that come his way will help him on his journey and will keep his wife and family strong in his departure! May all Good Things Bless you all! Kathy z6 Va

Mason, MI

Hi LadyCrone,
Welcome to Dave's Garden site...it's the best!
Oscarsdotter :-)

Wilmington, DE(Zone 7a)

well, i'm late of the gardenparty, although i certainly do NOT hold it against spike, nor do i think he's a tyrant. i expect i'll lurk awhile to see what's what 'round here. the gp started to get a little mean, it seemed, and i don't want to get involved in any of THAT again.

i appreciate dave et al for allowing me to participate in their forum. i hope to behave. hmmm.

i have a son and i work a lot. i like herbal gardening, lore, medicine, etc. i'm trying my hand at making gardenstones, and having mixed results, but then again, they are 'interesting' and that's almost as good as 'artistic.' heck, it's more fun, and that's usually my sole requirement for enjoying something.

so, that's me. now, on to some other refugees...spikey jo has been known to wear out cabana boys (she has sharing issues) and serenity hoards them (and she's got a husband of her own)(who she refuses to share)(she has sharing issues, too). single 'l' michele is a forceful crone..call on her for powervibes...

i hope you'll let me in (even though i ratted out some other newbies). so, pass the campari, hand over john cusack's phone number and i'll behave. hmmm.

finally. please SMILE at anyone who looks like they might be from the middle east in the upcoming weeks. it'll be the nicest thing you do - i promise.

Nice to meet you isis!

Welcome isis,from the Sunflower State.Sis'

Hello, Jayne here, another cast off from the GP. Usually at work now, but home with a sick child. Married, two children, ages 7 and 8. Spoiled rotten cat, silly dog, loads of fish and frogs, 3 bunnies...for garden gold...no chickens now, but soon to be more. Large vege garden, fruit trees and bushes, loads of flowers, love to garden, cook, can and freeze and of the garden goodies. LOVE chocolate. Thanks for welcoming us here! Jayne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.