Powdery mildew on peas

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Even though I planted powdery mildew resistant peas, they have mildew. Is neem the best thing to spray to stop it? Is there anything else I can spray that won't harm the honeybees? Does neem hurt ladybugs?
In the photo there are also leafminers, I'm not worried about those.

Thumbnail by Calalily
west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Probably more a factor of being so late in the season; the last of mine were harvested 2/14. They do a bit better thru the cold humidity but don't hold up well to warm humidity at all around my place, anyway.

2/6 and these edible podded peas looked good--had I left them much longer, they would look horrible (much, much worse than yours!)--these were harvested 2/14.

Thumbnail by dmj1218

Debbie, thanks. They were looking great right up till we had the two weeks of cool weather. I looked at them yesterday and so far the pea part looks okay. I'm just doing a "watch and see" with them.

just ignore the leaves and the peas should be harvestable soon--employ selective vision!
=)

I picked a cloth grocery bag almost full last week, probably that many more this week. These are the best bearing peas I've ever had.

I pulled the last of the carrots for the season, 'Amarillo', a real short row. I'll miss the winter season veggie's, in a lot of ways I like them better than the summer ones. But I need room for green beans--we are about to loose our window of opportunity for planting them--it will be hot by May.

Thumbnail by dmj1218

I still have carrots in three stages yet. I have beans in a bunch of stages, from almost finished to brand new seedlings.. The beans do good here till about July.
It was chilly here yesterday and super windy. We added 70 x 35 extension to the garden.

Orlando, FL

DMJ how do you know when your carrot are ready?? Those look soooo good!!

I pull one with about an average sized top--and judge it by that and how long they've been growing.

80 degrees here yesterday and today--its always really windy here in the spring, nothing unusual about that.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.