March is Springing In!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This was before. This little door turned into the nice opening.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Bernie: You really did a fantastic job on the cabinets and the kitchen. It looks really nice.

Sharon: I had Lantana that looked alot like yours last summer. The plants I had spread low to the ground and had a tiny lavendar bloom. They went everywhere. Is Lantana invasive (sp) there? Good luck on your yard sale tomorrow. I am planning on having one next month. I have been weeding out stuff for the sale for over a year now. We sure have collected quite alot of stuff during the 30+ years we have been in this house and there is no way I am moving all of it to Georgia when we go.

Kelli: That pic of the Fresia is really pretty. I have alot of plants really starting to come up out of the ground now. My columbine and bleeding heart are coming up. The confederate & star jasmine are getting new growth. It's so nice to look around and see everything waking up in the springtime.

Se_eds: I bet your driveway is going to look really nice. Everything cost so much more now than a couple of years ago.

Adina: That looks sort of like knotty pine to me too. Looks very nice.

Out of the showings on the house yesterday.....realtor said the second showing we are one of three houses they are considering. Not getting my hopes up....did that last weekend. We get really good feedback but no one has signed on the dotted line yet. All I want them to do when they come is just put the Cashier's check on the table LOL

Everyone have a good evening!!!

(Zone 7a)

Still trying to catch up. So much going on right now. Love the stories and pix, everyone!

55.0 °F with 74º for later and a light breeze. Snow on Monday.
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 47%
Dew Point: 35 °F
Wind: 8.0 mphfrom the SSE
Wind Gust: 16.7 mph
Pressure: 29.89 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4266 ft

There was a Mourning Dove out yesterday, cooing his little heart out. He'd fly from one perch to another. He tried to come to our house but I startled him as he was fyling to us and he went back to the house next door.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 3b)

Good morning and good luck with the sale today, Sharon.
Not spring here.
4*F highs to the 20's.
Bernie~the cabinets are so nice; it should sell easily.
Adina~very pretty. Glad to see the days are warming up.
ric~your dad must have stories to tell; to be 90 and experience all the changes he's seen, what a history.
Have a good weekend.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Ric, I agree. Freesias go well with cacti and succulents.

Celia, do you have white-winged doves where you live? Those things never shut up. We don't have them around here but MIL has them in El Paso.

70% chance of rain tomorrow. Be excited! It's was kind of misty this morning and it is still kind of dark out.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 9:51 AM PDT on March 21, 2009
54 °F
Haze
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 47 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the South
Pressure: 30.02 in (Rising)
Visibility: 5.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Overcast 1800 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by Kelli

This is the same species of junco as the grey one that most of you know, just a different color phase. It used to be called Oregon junco. They're only here in the winter and we seem to only see them at our house when it rains.

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 7a)

Kelli, we don't have the white wings, just the mourning doves. I love how they sound.

The juncos are so cute! LOL We call them the Dark Eyed Juncos.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

That's a beautiful moon photo, Celia. :-)

We were up late last night watching basketball. Two Big 10 teams' games went into overtime, which was very exciting! Ohio State lost, but Wisconsin won. My voice was hoarse this morning from yelling at the tv - much to the bunnies' amusement. LOL We slept in this morning, and have been cleaning and rearranging the house in preparation for my parents' arrival. They both teach/tutor at a college in Ohio and are coming here for their spring break. Yayy! They are taking their time getting down here and are stopping at parks/welcome centers/whatever looks like fun, so they won't be here until tomorrow. Right now they are either in Tennessee or Mississippi... I will try calling them again in a bit. :-)

It's a gorgeous day here! Sunny and breezy, and the humidity is amazingly low for us - one of those rare days when Kelli's humidity is higher than ours! :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 3:53pm CDT (52 min ago)
Temperature 79 °F 26 °C
Dew Point 55 °F 13 °C
Humidity 43%
Pressure 30.19 in 1022.4 mb
Wind Speed 16 MPH
G 24 14 kts
G 21
Wind Dir SSE 160°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 79 °F
Current Conditions Mostly Clear

Tonight Partly cloudy. Areas of fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I also watched the Ohio game last night. Was out listening to a band play and got caught up in the game during their break. It was one heck of a nail bitter!!

Sunny and really, really nice out. I'm going out to take some spring pics here in a minute.

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Kelli: I don't think we have white winged doves either, but we have tons of mourning doves. The other day there were 11 of them lined up on the fence. Being bottom feeders, I have quite a few in my yard under the bird feeders. I spotted a yellow rumped warbler today but the picture didn't come out (darn). Still have quite a few gold finches and they are getting their pretty spring plumage (at least the males are).

Celia: That is a pretty picture of the moon. What kind of camera do you have that takes those pictures.

Marylyn: I think that is so cool the way your folks are taking their time and enjoying their trip. My DH and I have come across many things just by taking side trips off the interstate. I read about things and then I have to check it out :-) Have a wonderful time visiting with them!!

Sharon: Waiting to hear how your moving sale went today.

It was rather cool today and I went to a local nursery. They were having their "Spring Fling" and soooooo many pretty things. Most of them can't be put out yet because our average last frost date is April 15th, so about another month to go. I saw so many people buying plants and I wonder what they are going to do with them. They had signs posted around the platforms where the plants were displayed about warning of frost until 4/15. Tomorrow is suppose to reach 65 and sunny. MAYBE I will be able to practice with my binoc/camera and see if the pictures come out decent. They didn't do so good today.....of course I was inside taking them thru the windows LOL

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Nice crowd at the flea market. Sold quite a few things & 17 dozen eggs.
Beautiful day. 70º at 5:30PM. No wind.

They are expecting an offer on the house Monday. Yipee!

Nearly 12 dozen eggs out of the hens today.

Bernie

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Apparently the hens like their new home. :-) Yayy! about the house selling so quickly!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Darkining - been a good day weather wise. Was a great day yesterday visit wise. My son and his family were here. His better half and their daughter were both delightful and beautiful. I can only hope that the next time I see them is not 12 years up the road.

Kelli - they are from Ontario CA - Maybe you are near?

Care to all.

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Bernie: Sounds like a very successful day at the Flea Mart. Wow....17 doz. eggs. Must be some really happy hens....what are you going to do with all those eggs? Congratulations on the sale of the house. Wish I could move this one that fast. Have some more people coming tomorrow at 11:00 AM. This really keeps me on my toes.

Dyson: I know you will be remembering this visit with your son and his family for a long time and have great memories. I hope the next visit will be much sooner than 12 years. Maybe this will be a start to more frequent visits....I certainly hope so. Families are so precious and I realize that so much more since I have gotten older. So happy for you!!

Good evening to y'all!!

FlipFlops, I think that white winged doves only live in the desert.

Dyson, Ontario, CA is about an hour or so east of here.

They have downgraded our "rain" to "showers". Still 70% chance, though.

rose "Mojave"

Thumbnail by Kelli

Curly getting ready to attack Whiskers.

Dark and still nice out.

Thumbnail by pepper23
(Zone 7a)

Kitties!!! LOL

FF, I have a Nikon D60. It's a DSLR and I have several different lenses I can attach. I, also, will be a getting an adapter for the telescope, so I can take better/more pics of sky objects.

How did your sale go, Sharon? We are having one next month. I have TONS to get rid of.

I think I mentioned I'm getting some new roses. Westerland is the top pic, below it is Betty Boop, one of you wonderful DGer's gave me the castor beans and they'll be going with this arbor. I hope the pic is big enough.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Ric – Lantana self seeds. It’s a pretty ground cover.
Bernie – The kitchen remodel is beautiful.
Flip – Lantana can be invasive, but it is native to the area. It has become a favorite here due to its love of drought conditions. Doesn’t like much water.
Celia – We have tons of Mourning Doves here. They are frequent feeders.
Kelli – The Freesias are oh so pretty!
Bernie – Happy Hen House!
Dyson – I’m so happy you got to spend time with your son! Make plans for the next visit soon.
Kelli – Did you get rain?
Pepper – LOL at Curly!
Celia – Your garden is going to be lovely!

55.4 °F
Clear
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 35 °F
Wind: 4.8 mph from the NNE
Wind Gust: 6.9 mph
Pressure: 30.36 in (Steady)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 10 am this morning to 8 PM EDT this evening...

Today
Partly cloudy and windy. High 67. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.

Yesterday was almost perfect for the yard/moving sale. Upper 60's with a little too much of a cool wind, but I'll take that over sweltering heat any day. As expected Lisa's (on the corner) ad brought in a lot of sales. The sale started at 8am. By 11am we had sold about 1/2 the merchandise. By 12:30 we had one small table with misc stuff and the other table had about 20 items of clothing. We were done by 1:30. The remaining items will be donated to Barnabas (http://www.thebarnabascenter.org). People were still doing drive-bys at 3pm LOL!

I made $250 - Mitzi made $400 (she sold 2 bedroom sets). I took the remaing day to "chill". I'm heading over to the "new" house this morning to start unpacking boxes then bring them here to reload.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

34° here and Sunny.
It feels a LOT warmer.
Going for the mid 60's today ..... mid 70's by Tuesday.

Like Celia I have a Nikon. Mine's the D40. All their D series cameras are excellent.
And the lenses are rated Extremely high.

Yesterday was another long one in Dayton.
We got home about 10:30 last night.
But we got a lot done considering.....
The kitchen is gutted, a new wall built and rocked.
Cabinets bought and picked up.
Living room ceiling patched, furred and all the paneling removed.

Next trip the cabs go in.... the walls will have been mudded, sanded and primed.
Tile goes up and we'll rock the LR.
Demo the Bathroom and rerock....

Here's the patched ceiling... w/ my SO taking her own pictures.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

The new wall we had to build.
The originally the house was kit built.
The stupid interior studs are actually a 2 x 4 ripped down in half.
WAY to small in dimension to support anything like cabinets.
So.....

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Now we have a wall!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Sunny, high 50s or low 60s at the moment. Door will be open all day to let in sunshine and fresh air.

My two boys going at it. LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi, guys! I'm way behind, but I'll try to catch up. I started to dig the garden for sowing the grass. The weather is fine, sunny all day, freezing at night, between 30 and 53 .

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Pepper, that's so sweet!
The lilies are popping out.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

And the spinach...which I hope Buck won't kill with his paws!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

A macro of the spinach.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 3b)

12*F ~ it snowed last night and the volcano is back up to code Orange.; highs to the mid-20's and low 30's.
Too far behind again; have a great day.

(Zone 7a)

So exciting, Adina! Buck needs to stay away. LOL

Ric, that's some great work.

Sharon, glad your sale was a hit!

56.1 °F and this is the high. We hit 74º yesterday but the latter part of the day was overcast and windy. A few times last night it sounded like a blizzard going on out there! LOL No precip yet but the clouds are building and definite rain/snow is on the way.
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 0%
Dew Point: 26 °F
Wind: 12.5 mphfrom the South
Wind Gust: 31.3 mph
Pressure: 29.55 in (Falling)
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Few 8000 ft
Scattered Clouds 11000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 18000 ft
(Above Ground Level

Building new bed areas. I think I may adjust some of this area.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

We crossed, Kiska. Checking on that volcano...

This tree and the white flowering tree (to the right, not in the pic) will be together in one big bed, as well.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2009 5:16 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

We got a measly 0.03 in of rain this morning.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on March 22, 2009
58 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 39%
Dew Point: 33 °F
Wind: 9 mph from the West
Wind Gust: 20 mph
Pressure: 30.06 in (Steady)
UV: 7 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 4000 ft