March is Springing In!

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Everyone welcome! Post your weather or any news you have!

We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/961429/

62.8 °F
Fog
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 57 °F
Wind: 4.3 mph
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.15 in (Steady)
Visibility: 0.5 miles
Elevation: 18 ft

The fog is baaaack!

This message was edited Mar 16, 2009 7:45 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Starting at 36º.
Looking for 60º + today.
Above normal all week.
Outdoor work will commence today.

Do you have to put up with the stupid singing fish commercial for McDonald's ?
I am ready to put McDonald's on my do not shop there list!
I spent a whole weekend a number of years ago at an antique show listening to one of them dumb singing fish! I certainly don't need it on my TV!
I am going to search for a place on the net to complain.

Have a nice day!
Bernie

Yep it's here. We mute it.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I just sent a complaint to McDonald's.

Page, ND

My boys AND HUSBAND sing it all the time - to bug me!

(Zone 7a)

Haven't seen/heard that one and I don' wanna! And, yes, I'm taking lessons. Monty is an excellent teacher.

Our weather site lies. It's says that it's 50º and that the high today will be 47º. I'm going with the news and will welcome 64º, instead. It's slightly overcast and breezy.

Monty's fur being ruffled by the breeze.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We TiVo all programs and fast forward thru all commercials.
I did watch that one once Bernie..... it is stupid.

Cloudy and near 60 here..

Ric

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I missed that commercial... apparently it's just as well. :-)

Bernie, did you mean do I like Texas, or did I pick Texas to beat Minnesota? Of all of the Texas teams, I follow the University of Texas the most - just because my dh went there (and not because he cares... he doesn't pay any attention to sports except to keep me amused - or to laugh at me while I'm screaming at the tv. LOL) I did pick Minnesota to beat Texas (with my fingers crossed..), and to beat Binghamton (cuz one of the little guys always seem to win at least one round, and this hasn't been Duke's year). But I have UCLA beating Minnesota in the next round. (Which means nothing... I'm usually pretty bad at picking games! LOL)

Yayyy for ND State, NDFarmGirl!! ^_^

Ric, you're warmer than we are again! It's only 55° here. It'll be in the 70s by this afternoon, though, and in the 80s tomorrow.

(Zone 3b)

5*F
Nearly 11am and I'm hopelessly behind; loved catching up, though.
Today:
Cloudy with areas of light snow. Little snow accumulation.
Highs in the mid teens to lower 20s.
Northeast wind 10 to 25 mph. Local gusts 30 to 45 mph this morning. Wind chills 5 below to 20 below zero in the morning.
Sunrise: 8:09 AM AKDT Sunset: 8:02 PM AKDT
Snow slipping off the roof. Shortly after taking the pic, DH used the snow rake to pull down the overhang. (seems I've posted this earlier; please excuse the 2nd time around if that's what I've done)>

Thumbnail by kiska
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Dyson: News flash! I love your sense of humor!
Sharon: thanks for the new thread. We had a little fog this morning. My daughter's husband says it is the Favor Of God! A nice way to look at it!
Pea and Prissy have their bags all packed and are ready for the move!!LOL
EB: love the maple syrup photo--makes me want to eat some pancakes!! LOL

Okay, I missed something--blackberry crisp--sounds yummy--is it the same thing as blackberry cobbler?

Bernie: I don't think Friday would make much of a cow dog--he is afraid of them! LOL I haven't seen the commercial with the fish but I have seen those fish in various flea markets--stupid, indeed! LOL
Ric and Celia: nice crocus(and other spring flowers, too, Ric)
Celia: Monty is still king of the house, it appears--and the patio, too! LOL
Pepper: sure hope you are feeling better--what a miserable way to spend a weekend!
wow, Kiska: ice hanging from the gutters--glad it's there and not here!
Farmgirl: the snowmobiles surely come in handy up there where you live!

A gorgeous day for the drive home today. We are in the mid-60's with sunshine!! Heading for the mid-70's tomorrow. Yes!! I'll take it!! :o))

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Still cold Grey and wet - still sicker than an aged water bison (sicker than a dog just does not seem descriptive enough).

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Dyson: I am so sorry that you are still sick. That certainly is a graphic description and one I have never heard till now!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Cuckcoo, who posted here a few days ago raises Blackberries & lives in MO. He comes to Iowa Round Up & brings this very good, homemade, Blackberry Crisp or cobbler.

Very nice day here. But still to muddy to get excited about doing much. Lots of seeds got planted in greenhouse trays & also some seedlings transplanted. Hostas will get potted up tomorrow.
It is Spring!!
Bernie

RAIN - blessed beautiful rain!

(Zone 7a)

Sorry you're still sick, Dyson. Doing the get well mojo dance now.

And for whomever else is sick.

(Zone 7a)

Forgot to share this. Darrell had Chinese food at work today and this is the fortune he got in his cookie...

Thumbnail by kwanjin
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I hope you get to feeling better soon, Dyson. Sinus infections are the worst.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 4:51 PM PDT on March 16, 2009
73 °F
Clear
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 45 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the South
Pressure: 30.08 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Today we went to a place where a lot of movies and t.v. shows were filmed in the '40s - '60s. (I hadn't heard of most of them.) This was a pond that could be filled with water and was used by Johnny Weissmuller in "Jungle Jim".

Thumbnail by Kelli

This was Sherwood Forest in the Robin Hood t.v. series.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Celia, ROFLOL!!! What a great fortune! Has he seen an alien yet?

Dyson, I'm so sorry you're still feeling awful. :-(

Cool, Kelli. :-)

Yayy for the rain, Sharon!

Cuckcoo, there's an RU in Texas on May 9th.. Hint, hint... My mouth is watering at the thought of blackberry crisp...

This rock was used as a hideout in another Johnny Weissmuller jungle movie.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Some rocks for the peeps. (Did you know that they make marshmallow Peeps in at least 6 different colors nowdays?)

More pictures tomorrow. I'm trying to not hog.

Thumbnail by Kelli

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY! (my heritage or a portion of it) The Luck of The Irish to All!

Celia – Love the picture of Monty!
Mau – We’ve taken Pea and Prissy to the new house and let them run in the back yard. They loved it. First they looked for holes along the fence line –None! LOL!
Dyson – LOL! I hope you feel much better soon!
Celia – An alien? Hmmmm – seen any lights lately?
Kelli – Love the rocks! I didn’t know that.

62.1 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 58 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 700 ft
Scattered Clouds 1700 ft
Mostly Cloudy 11000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Today
Mostly cloudy. Cooler. High 68. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

We went to Sliders for dinner yesterday. We were sitting outside when it started to rain. There is a covered deck so we ate in there. Took this on the way home. I'm sure the person who left the sun roof open was not happy when they returned. A lot of rain came down really fast at the beginning. I'm sure there was a lot of rain in the car :P

Thumbnail by MySharona

The fog yesterday morning. The city is finishing a "roundabout" at the end of this intesection (love em). There are several on the island. Beats the heck out of a 3 or 4 way stop.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Good morning everyone. Sure doesn't take long to get behind in this thread!

Currently: 43*
High: 51%
Barometer: 30.18 & rising
Humidity: 99%
Visibility: 10 Mi
Dewpoint: 43*
Wind: N 14 MPH
Sunrise: 7:13 AM
Sunset: 7:15 PM
Calling for 65* and sunny tomorrow. Winds shift to SSE FINNALLY WILL SEE THAT SUN!!

Sharon: Would hate to be the owner of that car with the sunroof LOL

Sad to say, the people who came to see the house didn't come up with an offer anywhere close to what we could accept. In fact I thought it was an insult after all the nice things they said about our house. I don't think they can qualify, and if they are looking for a certain price range, then they should stick to looking at homes in that price range. Now we are back to square one. It's a tough tough market out there. I was very dissapointed.

Dyson: Hope you are feeling much better by now. I had the mess last week and it's no picnic!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Celia: LOL at Darrell's fortune. Keep us posted on any "sightings".
Bernie: blackberry crisp would be worth the trip to the Iowa RU! YUMM!
Kelli: Johnny Weismuller played "Tarzan"--I probably saw most of the Tarzan movies when I was a kid--and to think they weren't over there in Africa--it was just California--LOL I have never cared for the Peeps candy but I really do like all the peeps here on the weather thread. :o))

You actually like roundabouts, Sharon? "They" have put several of them in the city of Conway, AR in the past couple of years(where I lived previously) I hate em! Seems like a terrible waste of money, to me. Just my opinion, of course. And tell Prissy and Pea that "the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence"! LOL

Today:Sunny
High 78°F (Hooray!)
Precip 0%
Wind: SSW 10 mph
Max. Humidity: 56%
UV Index: 6 High
Sunrise: 7:14 AM CT
Avg. High: 64°F
Record High: 82°F (1982)

Tonight: T-Showers Late
Overnight Low 53°F
Precip 60%
Wind: WSW 6 mph
Max. Humidity: 66%
Sunset: 7:19 PM CT
Avg. Low: 41°F
Record Low: 27°F (1967)

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

we cross-posted, Flip. sorry about having no acceptable offer on your house, especially after they looked at it twice! I know it is very disappointing for you. The right buyer will come along and offer the right price. . .and soon! (That's what I keep saying to myself, too.)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

42º this morning.
High yesterday was 71º, beautiful, more the same today.
Hope the mud dries fairly fast, I have things to do!

I'll go for coffee with the guys first.

Did those people come to your house with a real estate agent ? If so, you would think the agent would only show them houses they could afford.
What are houses selling for there ? Here they have dropped anywhere from $20,000 to $50,000. That is the houses that were in the $190,000 to $270,000 range. $120,000 to $160,000 have held their price. Probably because of the interest rate & being affordable for more people.
Good Luck!

Almost forgot, robins are here this morning. Has to be migrating ones because there are lots of them.

Bernie

This message was edited Mar 17, 2009 7:47 AM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! It's foggy right now, but it will be nice later on.

FlipFlops, I'm sorry your house didn't sell - what a disappointment!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:53am CDT (5 min ago)
Temperature 56 °F 13 °C
Dew Point 55 °F 13 °C
Humidity 97%
Pressure 30.24 in 1024.2 mb
Wind Speed 5 MPH 4 kts
Wind Dir ESE 110°
Ceiling - -
Visibility 0.5 mi 0.8 km

Current Conditions Fog
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 55.9°F / 13.3°C

Today Mostly sunny. Areas of dense fog early in the morning, then patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the upper 70s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight Mostly clear. Areas of fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 50s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

(Zone 7a)

FF, sorry about the bad news. The good news WILL come.

Sharon, Darrell said a guy where he works got himslef a convertible BMW. He left the top down one day and, when Darrell took his break, he saw a Starling taking his own "break" on the leather headrest of the Beamer!!! After that day, the guy NEVER left the top off.

52°F with 54º for the high. We have 70º on the schedule for Saturday.
Feels like: 52°F

Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 32°
Humidity: 46%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 3 mph W
Sunrise: 7:36 AM
Sunset: 7:36 PM
UV Index: 6 High

No alien sightings yet, just funny lights.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 3b)

12*F Hint of light at 7:30am..
Highs today 20's to low 30's.
Sunrise: 8:05
Sunset: 8:04 Gain of 5m51seconds daylight.
Funny, kwanjin, Darrell's fortune cookie may be onto something:)
Dyson~get well soon.
kelli~who'd guessed that's where those movies were made; thanks for the info and hike.
FF~sorry it will take another showing; the right ones will come along; the home is beautiful.
MySharona~glad the little ones like the new yard; happy too, they didn't find a way out:)
CG~nice to see it's 70* already; things should break-up and start drying out at those temps.
have a good day, marsue.
Have a favor to ask; I'm trying to get information on the doll posted below. I've searched internet to no avail. The doll is 1940's era, as far as I know. Does anyone have an idea as to where I can turn for information? Thanks.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

One more-

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

last one-

Thumbnail by kiska

have you tried this site?
http://www.antiquedolls-collectors-onlineadvisors.com/

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Johnny W was Tarzen (but not the first that was Elmo Lincoln I think)
and Jungle Jim.
Cool shots!

Going for HOT here and Sunny!
Not at all our usual St Padriq's Day!
And my Father's 90th Birthday!

Ric

(Zone 7a)

LOL That's good, Joey. Thanks!

(Zone 3b)

Thanks, MySharona~I didn't see that site yet; so will get into it.
ric~happy birthday to your father.
Temperature holding steady at 12*F.
Hope it does get up into the 20's by day's end.
Love the card, music2keep. Very funny and my 4 year old gson here w/me, thinks so, too.

This message was edited Mar 17, 2009 9:07 AM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

The doll looks German. Look on the back of the neck. All good dolls are marked there.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

The weather has finally truned fairly nice. It was really foggy this morning, but the fog has gone. We had a Monster T-Storm last night. It was Great! Altho, it scares Jack. It's supposed to get up into the 60's today. :D All of my little flowers are peeking thru! Daff's & Naked Ladies, Lilies & Irises...
At Dublin...
Partly Cloudy: 59°F
Feels like: 59°F
Barometer: 30.3 in
Dewpoint: 48°
Humidity: 67%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 7 mph NNW
Sunrise: 7:31 AM
Sunset: 7:32 PM
UV Index: 3 Moderate

For those of you who don't know about Jack...here goes. Last Wed. Morning (early) he was sleeping outside our bedroom window. He woke me up, barking like mad...in kill mode. I thought that the 'big cat' had gotten him, when in fact he had killed a raccoon. I had never (& hope never again) heard such an aweful noise in my life! He left his prize kill in the driveway @ 3:00am. DH & I bagged it & put it in the trash can, called the vet in the morning & took it to her. She sent it off & called us on Thur. to tell us it was rabid. Jack didn't have a scratch on him, but he had chewed it up, while shaking it like a rag doll. He is now in quarantine next door @ DB's & will have to stay there for 45 days. No more running for him until the end of April. ~ Needless to say we (& neighbors) are on the look out for more raccoons!
On a lighter note...JW got his 1st hair cut the other day! He looks soooo very cute! :D And yes I think I'll turn him into a 'little gardener'! He loves being outside, so I will make sure that he 'works' the soil w/ grammy!

Jackie, Where did you find the doll!? It's gorgeous!
Sharon! LOL I'm part Irish, too. My dad said that Irish & Indian doesn't mix well. LOL My Chemistry Prof. told me the same thing! He's All Irish.
Marsue, how is your BIL doing? I haven't read any of the posts...guess you can tell, huh? I'm going out today to check on my Amaryllis. It wasn't peeking thru the other day when I checked my flowers, but maybe today....
Celia, That's a ruff way to learn about 'leaving the top down'! (snickering softly)
Marylyn, did you ever find your cat?

Have a Great Day!
Joey

A little fuzzy, but...

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 7a)

JW fix!!! LOL Thanks, Joey. He just keeps getting better looking. Sorry about Jack. We had a rabies scare with my DD some years ago. She was bitten by a neighborhood dog whom we later found out had never had his shots. It was an unprovoked (sp?) attack and the dog was put down. His brain biopsy showed no rabies. Let's hope Jack prvoes clear of it.

I found this while following the site that Sharon provided. If there are manufacturing marks, you might be able to ID it here...

http://dollreference.com/index.html

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.