Dutch Plant Farm new shipment arriving soon!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Heya! For all you Dutch Plant Farm fans... I just got an email from Jodi:

"The Florida truck will be here on Monday March 16, but it takes a couple of days to get it all priced and put out."

Those who had requests on the wish list I gave her, well, they pretty much struck out on that list... but the truck is still stuffed with lovelies, I'm sure!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Tempting, tempting....LOL

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh no Critter. I've got to stay away from there. I went last night to replace the 5$ tree fern I got after the swap (let's just say it's not very drought tolerant). Today I go to pick up my 179$ coral bark maple. I NEED BLINDERS!

Thumbnail by miatablu
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh Bobbie, you and me both! I almost always come away with more than I intended from any nursery or garden center! Lovely tree - I'm guessing it won't fit into your miata LOL. Since I'm so close to DPF, I know I'll have to go see what they get in next week. Thanks for the heads up Jill - enabling, enabling, enabling :-) Terri

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Bobbie, that's just such a perfect tree!!

I won't be able to go until after the 25th... but then, I have to at least see what they have, don't I? ;-)

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

What a beautiful specimen, you'll love it! We have one in the front driveway and although I can't say that I've been overly impressed with its fall color, it definitely makes up for it with the beautiful red bark in the middle of winter. Sorry to hear about your Tree Fern :( They definitely won't tolerate lack of water! So far so good on the large one I picked up in Florida last year but I have to remember to water it heavily every other day or it droops and loses the lower fronds. My friend fell in love with mine last year and found one locally but she paid a hefty price for it - $75!!! I only paid $14 for mine at the Home Depot in Sarasota but I did have to lug it all the way home in the plane! LOL She told me last night that hers finally succumbed to the lack of watering while she was away last month. That's what she gets for going to Florida without me!

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

I've been looking for the right one for a while now. The "you know it when you see it" one. So I went just now at lunch to pay for it and was going to try to get it in the Honda (it's just 5'), but the guy said the branches a pretty brittle on this type of tree and we didn't want to damage it. So, Terry, it might actually come home with me in the Miata tomorrow with the top down if we can't think of anything else. That's how we got my weeping cherry tree home ^_^. When I get it in the ground I'll take a picture. Then Debbie, and everyone else, maybe you all could give me some advice on what else to plant to compliment it.

Debbie, my tree fern wasn't anywhere near tree size yet, it was only about 8" tall. I'm glad I didn't get the bigger one for $17 and then kill it. Thanks for talking me out of that one Critter. I know that's one of the things you like about DPF. You can get almost any plant in any size you want.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Please please please take a photo of that tree in the Miata if it comes home that way!!

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Sorry to disappoint you Critter, but we brought it home in my mom's explorer. I really did give alot of thought to bringing home in the Miata, but it was a little chilly out today for a top down ride. Plus it called for rain. If it's nice tomorrow maybe I can get it in the ground and post pics.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL that's OK, there will probably be other occasions for a photo of the Mighty Miata, Plant Transport Extraordinaire... ;-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.