March Dailies, nearly spring

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Not my pic Celia.... e_b maybe?

Ric

(Zone 7a)

Duh. Yes. LOL

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

NDF – “My nostrils froze shut”. I’ve never heard that statement before LOL!
Celia – LOL – I kept thinking about Achmed when I saw this expression on her!
Bernie – Great job on the re-do! I love that wire basket in the first pic.
Kiska – That’s a relaxing scene!
E_B – Three times a week? I’ll have to give that a try. Thanks for the link. I love a good heirloom tomato. That is the cutest picture of your GS! His eyes are amazing.
Flip – Your GS is adorable too – his eyes are amazing also!
Celia – Isis is shivering inside!

61.0 °F
Clear
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 55 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.18 in (Rising)
Visibility: 8.0 miles

Today
Becoming partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the morning. High 74. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

They do a great job on "flipping" a house. They have a whole bunch of odds & ends in storage that they put in the house to make it more presentable to buyers. They have throw rugs on the wood floors, dining table & chairs, sofa & overstuffed chair in living room.
There was a pool table in the basement that they are leaving to go with the house. So they grabbed some of things from their basement to dress it up.

-2º this morning.
Looking for 22º this afternoon.
40's the rest of the weekend.

I would like to get busy on things outside, but need the snow gone & ground dried a bit. No mud!

Bernie

(Zone 7a)

LOL Achmed! Yup!

Very good job, Bernie. Love it.

Kiska, scoot over. I'm joining you.

32°F with 36º for the high and sunny skies. We have one small storm heading our way and then 60º.
Feels like: 32°F

Barometer: 30.2 in ↨
Dewpoint: 25°
Humidity: 74%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:43 AM
Sunset: 7:31 PM
UV Index: 5 Moderate

Last evening.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kiska and Farmgirl: your photos remind of the reason I don't live in Alaska or in North Dakota! LOL
Sharon: Boo is saying: "Go ahead and try! I'll never talk!" Good luck on the carpet cleaning and getting the furniture moved in this week-end.
Bernie: amazing transformation on the kitchen in that flip house. (Wonder who did the cabinets?--LOL)
Flip: you are correct--it doesn't take long to get waaay behind on this thread--that's why you need to check in more than once a day. :o)) By the way, in Arkansas we don't even have to wait 30 minutes for the weather to change--try more like 10 minutes! Cute grandson! Glad you are feeling better, too.
EB: your little GS is cute, too. We DGers do seem to have the cutest grandkids, huh?
Joey: Awww, JW is saying: "Hey, there's supposed to be a flower in this basket!"
Celia: Isis is a true faithful feline to follow you out into the snow. Nice susnset pic.
Pepper: glad the internet is up and running again.
Kelli: tulips aren't supposed to re-bloom here, either, but several of those I planted last season are coming up. We'll see if they bloom.
Marylyn: glad the prodigal kitty has been found--what a relief for all of you--especially the bunnies!
Se_eds: I was rejoicing over spring this past week-end. Winter has not disappeared just yet. 3 days ago it was almost 80º. This morning we have ice on the trees and shrubs. My jonquils are frozen! :o((

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Actually that photo above is my frozen plum tree. These are my favorite daffodils--Gentle Giant by name--I surely hope they aren't completely frozen and will thaw out to bloom another day.

Thumbnail by marsue
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Marsue, I think your daffodils will be just fine. My made it through the snow we had a little over a week ago. Another day or two, they look like they will burst open.
Sharon, Boo looks like he thinking "I'm ticked" (I used the nice word) LOL
EB, Like the term "DGers"

Currently: 44 degrees - Feels like 44 degrees
Barometer: 30.48 and steady
Humidity: 48%
Visability: 10 Mi.
Dewpoint: 25*
Wind: NE 20 MPH
Sunrise: 7:21 AM
Sunset: 7:11 PM
Low: 40 degrees

Hard to believe almost a 40 degree difference from 24 hours ago. That's spring!!! Feels colder than 44 to me...guess because it's windy.
No capris on today!! LOL

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I imagine no flip-flops on the feet, either, huh? LOLOL

It's currently 34º here with intermittent rain/sleet showers. Think I'll go make a cup of hot tea!

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Spring is almost here, but it's still cold . It was sunny all day, no rain.
Sunrise yesterday.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Page, ND

MySharona - living in Florida I bet you haven't heard that expression before, but it happens! Your nostrils really do freeze!

It's winter in North Dakota
And the gentle breezes blow,
70 miles per hour at 42 below!
Oh, how I love North Dakota
When the snow's up to your butt;
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose is frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave North Dakota now,
Cause I'm frozen to the ground.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

ROFLOLOL

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

That is too funny!

(Zone 7a)

That's hilarious!!! Thanks!

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

NDF: I love it!!! Not the weather but your poem LOL

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Yeah, me too! You've given us all something to laugh about!

Page, ND

It's funny - but oh so true! :)

Celia – Pretty sunset!
NDF – That is toooooo Funny!

68.9 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 67%
Dew Point: 56 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.18 in (Steady)
Heat Index: 76 °F
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 5000 ft
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft

A 20% chance of showers after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 56. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

This is my favorite kind of weather 50's - 70's.

Diplandia

Thumbnail by MySharona
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

That's pretty. Do they come in white? We have something that looks a lot like that except it is white. It came with the house and I can never remember the name.

My next-door neighbor is from South Dakota. She said that sometimes they'd have to go in and out of the house through an upstairs window when the snow was deep.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on March 12, 2009
64 °F
Clear
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 41 °F
Wind: 13 mph from the SSE
Pressure: 29.99 in (Falling)
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

some pictures from hiking earlier today - wishbone bush

Thumbnail by Kelli

chia - I've heard that you can buy chia seeds in the health food store but they might not be of this species.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Thumbnail by Kelli

I told DH that the peeps like rocks.

Thumbnail by Kelli

This is part of what used to be a Rocketdyne facility. They used to test rocket engines there.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Sharon: Your diplandia is so pretty. Is that growing in your yard? I had some one time but they were more pink. Then I had a couple of Mandevillas. One was almost white and grew all over my fence. It was really pretty. Be glad when I can grow some in Georgia. I see them down there all the time.

Kelli: The pictures are great. I do love rocks but we don't have any here. All we have is either clay or sand and it is very FLAT!! I live on a peninsula.

NDF: Are you still snowed in??? Keep warm. I still can't imagine snow like that. It's getting ready to rain here, and calling for a chance of rain for the next six days. Are we sure April showers haven't started early? At least it was clear enough this week to enjoy the beautiful full moon.

Adina: Beautiful sunrise!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I LOOOOVE rocks, too! Houston is also very very very flat. We have to drive a couple of hours west before we see anything that you could call a hill and keep a straight face. That looks like a great place for a hike, Kelli. Thanks for taking us along with you. :-)

It is raining here! Yayyy!! Actually it's been raining most of the day, which is such a blessing. We really needed it. It's supposed to keep raining tomorrow and into the weekend, too. By Sunday we might be looking for a canoe. LOL

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 9:53pm CDT (51 min ago)
Temperature 46 °F 8 °C
Dew Point 43 °F 6 °C
Humidity 89%
Pressure 30.19 in 1022.4 mb
Wind Speed 9 MPH 8 kts
Wind Dir N 10°
Ceiling 600 ft 183 m
Visibility 8 mi 12.9 km
Current Conditions Rain
Remarks 0.01" of precipitation last hour. (There has definitely been more than .01" of precipitation at our house!!)
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53pm CDT : 46.9°F / 8.3°C
3 hour precipitation ending 9:53pm CDT : 0.01"

Tonight Rain likely. Lows in the lower 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent in the evening decreasing to 60 percent after midnight.
Friday Rain. Highs around 50. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.

Tomorrow we're having our monthly meeting at our house, so if you see me on here, and I haven't finished cleaning, shoo me off! ^_^

Kelli – I’m not sure. I’ve not seen any in white here. The Diplandia is in the Mandevilla family (or vice versa). Great hiking pics! The peeps do like rocks! Did your DH laugh?
Flip – I’ve read that the Mandevilla and Diplandia prefer to be in pots unless they are growing wild. I have the “Dip” in a pot and it does great. The “Man” was in the ground and it didn’t do very well. They are both in pots now. We’ll see what happens.
Marylyn – The front broke up in Georgia before it got to us so no rain here. Very foggy though.

61.0 °F
Fog
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 58 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.18 in (Falling)
Visibility: 0.1 miles (that's not very far!)

Dense fog advisory in effect until 10 am EDT this morning...

Today
Widespread dense fog in the morning with visibility one quarter mile or less. Otherwise...low clouds this morning... becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 74. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Basically the same as yesterday with fog. We were watching a dog show the other night. Peanut jumped in Jeff's lap and watched with him. Look at the bottom right of the picture. Peanuts ears LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

22* ~ Light snow; sunrise in just over an hour at 8:18. Sunset: 7:54pm.
MySharona~such a cute photo with those little ears at attention. Hope by now the fog has lifted.
NDF~great poem; funny and to the point.
Adina~beautiful sunrise.
MarylynT_X~if you're reading this, you'd better get back to work if you're not finished w/chores:))
kelli~those are fantastic boulders; love the hike.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Cloudy and cool here.

Been pretty busy here. A cousin of mine turned up dead in her apt but we didn't realize she was missing til 2 days ago and that's when we found her. She had been dead a week. So we are all trying to deal with that and take care of getting her affairs settled and all that. My youngest brother was the one who found her. She died of either an asthma attack or heart failure. We won't know til next week for sure.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Oh, pepper, bummer!
Sorry to hear things like that. Catches everyone off guard.

Getting ready to watch Minnesota basketball meet Michigan State in a tournament game.
Weather is finally warming. Looking for 40's today & 50's tomorrow.
30º right now.
It will be nice to have the snow gone & the ground dry a little. I have so much to do outside!
3 weeks we should be planting here. Seemed like a long winter, now thinking where did it go so fast!
Bernie

(Zone 7a)

Oh, Pepper. So sad. Our hearts are with you and your family.

30°F with 47º for the high.
Feels like: 32°F

Barometer: 30.3 in ↨
Dewpoint: 23°
Humidity: 74%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 5 mph SE
Sunrise: 7:42 AM
Sunset: 7:32 PM
UV Index: 5 Moderate

I love running across older pics. This is my nieces mother, Debbie, her grandson, Timmy and his cousin, Rebecca, last year.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Pepper - I'm so sorry to hear this news. Out thoughts are prayers are with you.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, Pepper, I'm so sorry!! We will be praying for you and your family.

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Pepper: My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. What a shock!

Pepper, I'm sorry to hear about that. How horrifying!

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PDT on March 13, 2009
69 °F
Clear
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 44 °F
Wind: 4 mph Variable
Pressure: 30.00 in (Falling)
UV: 8 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

more pictures from yesterday

Thumbnail by Kelli

redmaids and fiddleneck

Thumbnail by Kelli

My parents would call these mountains. I call them hills.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Pepper, so so sorry to hear the sad news about your cousin! Thoughts and prayers are with you!

Celia:; what a great picture--they were certainly engrossed in that book!
Sharon: Pea is already a TV addict--LOL
Kelli: more great hiking photos

I drove up to my DD's house in Harrison, AR today and I will spend the week-end with them. It turned out to be a lovely day for a drive--no rain! Things are warming up gradually, too. :o)) I brought my new laptop with me. This is the first time I have used it as a wireless laptop. This is pretty neat! The keyboard is a little different than what i am used to, though. Takes me longer to type things out because I keep hitting the wrong keys--not complaining, though. I really like this new technology--it's amazing!

I have no idea what the temp is right now but it was 46 when I got here around 2:30 p.m. I haven't put the weather channel on this laptop yet--guess I need to do that so I can keep up with the weather for all you peeps!

need to go help my DD with supper. BTW, her hubby had the pacemaker/defibrillator installed on Wed. and he is home from the hospital now and doing great.
Have a good evening, all!

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Marsue, so happy to hear the great news about your SIL. Enjoy your visit with your DD. It's raining cats & dogs here and no let up until Tues.

I have a Bushnell bonoc/camera and as soon as I figure out how to work it; hopefully I can take some awesome pics. and share them with my peeps!! Oh this modern technology and I don't mix too well LOL

(Zone 3b)

32* - overcast with light snow earlier today. Sunrise: 8:18; Sunset:7:54
Pepper ~ I'm so sorry for your loss.
FF~good luck w/binoc/camera. That should be lots of fun and we, the peeps, look forward to the pics:)
Marsue~glad you had a good drive up and that your SIL is doing well.
kelli~as one of your "peeps", I'm really enjoying the hikes.
kwanjin~love your family photo. Beautiful.
CG~how nice to be considering planting in just a few weeks; the scent of fresh soil is a good one.
DH and I a few days ago. Anchorage area.

Thumbnail by kiska
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Mau if the keyboard continues to be a hassle plug in a regular one.
That's what I did w/ mine.
My big fingers don't do well w/ the little keys.

Kelli it still looks so green there! Love the blooms! Beautiful!

Peanut Ears! LOL!

45° Here this evening.
Going down to just below freezing.
55° tomorrow then a week of low rising to upper 60's!

A shot from just a few hours ago.
The Hellebores got knocked way back again.
But I'm sure they will recover and fill out nicely.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.