March Dailies, nearly spring

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

After 200+ posts on old thread, we need a new & faster one.
So here we go, THINK SPRING!!

Bernie

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

I'm thinking spring....I see it all around me here in tidewater. The trees are budding out, daffodils are blooming and my day lillies are coming up. Still early spring....but a real good sign.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADINA AND RIC!!
Adina, your orchids are beautiful, sounds as if you had a good day. Hope you do, too, Ric.
Flip, your daffs and pansies are lovely. I'm trying to sell my house, too, so we can do Celia's dance together! I'm really hoping my house will sell before mowing season begins in earnest. I don't want to have to buy a new riding mower but I will have to if the house doesn't sell soon.
Sharon: Mighty huntress, Peanut! LOL
Pepper: sorry about the storm knocking out your internet. Hope it gets restored soon and that you get your truck repaired soon, too.
Kiska: love the photo of you and your DH--LOL--very creative!
Thanks for the new thread, Bernie. I am definitely thinking spring even if the temp is dropping. Our low tonight is forecast to be 47º. Our h igh tomorrow is forecast to be 47º. :o(( The cool down is only supposed to last a couple of days, then we are back into the 60's again.
Cabot, AR Weather for your life
Mar 10 Tonight
Scattered thunderstorms, some strong this evening, then cloudy with rain and thunder overnight. Storms could contain damaging winds. Low 47F. WSW winds shifting to N at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Mar 11 Tomorrow Showers early becoming less numerous later in the day. High 47F. Winds NE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Mar 11 Tomorrow night
Cloudy with a few showers. Low 37F. Winds NE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

The birds are thinking spring, too. I didn't know when I took this photo that the bluebird was catching a worm. A lucky "catch" for the bird and me! LOL

Thumbnail by marsue
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Happy birthday, Ric and Adina!

Lots of beautiful flowers and birds, everyone.

I had the root canal done today. I didn't pass out. I told myself I had to hang in there for the peeps. ;-)

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on March 10, 2009
65 °F
Clear
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 34 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.99 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Kalanchoe pumila "Rubra"

Thumbnail by Kelli
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Spring definitely on hold here.
Rain freezing to everything this morning, then turned to sleet, then snow.
33º at 6 AM, going down all day. It is now 10º.
NW wind blowing snow around.
Could be worse, farther north in MN, major freeway is closed because on blizzard. (Alexandria, MN to Fargo, ND).
We will just sit back & wait for something nicer!
Bernie

(Zone 7a)

LOL Kelli, I had a root canal on Valentine's Day, 2005. It was a lovely and romantic dinner..."I wuv you, Dallell."

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, Celia!
The "peeps" thank you for hanging in there for us, Kelli!
Hold on, Bernie, Spring will be here sooner or later!

Page, ND

This is how spring is for us TODAY!

Thumbnail by NDFarmgirl
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

BRRRRR!!!!!

Page, ND

Everything in my area (Fargo, ND) is CLOSED today! Interstates are all closed! It's terrible! I spent time in my furnace room, aka, seed starting greenhouse, planting seeds today and ignored it outside.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks for all the Birthday Wishes!

Flip that's a beautiful sight!
ND..... No Thanks!....lol!

Ric

(Zone 3b)

Thanks for new thread, CGardens.
We went to Anchorage today; road was fine and was a good drive in and out.
Cloudy, snow in the forecast; warmest day in ages; mid-30's.
Sunrise:8:28 AM AKDT Sunset~~7:46 PM AKDT Very nice as the long dark; dim winter winds down.
NDFarmgirl~cool pics)) Have you read the true story of the "Children's Blizzard" of Jan. 12, 1888? It happened in that part of the US and is a very somber read of weather history.
kelli~so proud of you:)) glad it's over and hope you're feeling better. Love the colorful blossom.
Marsue~I don't think I've every seen a more beautiful blue bird. Fantastic. Thanks, too
Taken a couple of days ago~the berms are getting to a good size.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

oops~crossed, ric. Hope you're having a really great day.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

The last three days have been fantastic weather wise and now the temps are starting to fall again.Hope for no more Ice/Snow.

And it is dark.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Kiska I have the cake as my screen saver.
Thanks again!

Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

73° here and a brisk SW wind.
This will come crashing down.
Rain coming overnight... then....
Temps are supposted to keep dropping through into the low 20's by Thursday morning...

Ric

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday! Ric! & Adina! :D

I am so hopelessly behind...I'll need to go back & read your posts...

The past few days have been wonderful. The weather has been in the high 60's & spring is definitely on it's way!
At Dublin...
Clear: 55°F
Feels like: 55°F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 45°
Humidity: 67%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 3 mph SSE
Sunrise: 7:42 AM
Sunset: 7:25 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

My test is scheduled in a week & 1/2....I can't wait until it's over! The stress is terrible! Too much to remember....well let's just say "memorize".

Have a great evening all!
Joey

A little spring...

Thumbnail by music2keep
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Mau – Nice catch on the bluebird! See – the early bird does get the worm!
Kelli – You’ll be better soon and glad you got it over with! PeepsRock! The color on the kalanchoe blooms is beautiful.
Celia - LOL!
NDF – Welcome – Brrrrrr!
Kiska- You and NSF are swimming in snow!
Dyson – Glad you finally got some nice weather in your area! It’s dark here too.
Joey – We’re pulling for you! JW is a gardener in the making. He’s so cute!

56.2 °F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 56 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Rising)
Visibility: 6.0 miles

Now
Patchy dense fog has developed early this morning around the Jacksonville Metro area south to Saint Augustine and Bunnell. Visibilities will be reduced to a half mile or less at times. Motorists should be especially cautious as visibilities can suddenly be reduced to near zero. Drive with caution this morning and use low beam headlights.

Today
Mostly sunny. Patchy dense fog in the morning. High 79. Northwest winds 5 mph shifting to the southeast in the afternoon.

I feel like Kelli posting our temps weather after seeing the snow pics. Know that warm weather is coming your way soon!

The house will be pro cleaned tomorrow. We'll be able to move some furniture over and leave in the kitchen. The carpets are being cleaned Sunday morning. Our friend, Lee, Peanut's BFF daddy, has a capret cleaning company that is enviro friendly and dry. As soon as he is finished I'll be able to start arranging furniture.

We're not sure what they were sniffing, but they liked it!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! It's been a crazy week - and it's only Wednesday! The little bunny is feeling much better. Sunday night I left some windows open because the breeze was so nice. One of our kitties jumped up to the girls' window sill and pushed against a very small hole in the screen until it grew into a kitty-sized hole - and then he jumped out! We didn't realize he was gone until partway through Monday. Yikes! We put up signs, and walked around and around the neighborhood, called the shelters and the nearby vets' office, knocked on neighbors' doors and left "missing cat" notes on doors, and prayed a lot!!

Yesterday afternoon the big bunny was playing in the backyard. She suddenly ran inside, saying, "Mommy! Mommy! I have good news!" She saw Flash between our fence and the neighbors'. Both fences are on the same support uprights, so there is a 4 inch gap between then. I pulled up the bottom of one of the slats to get Flashy out. His brother is SOOOO happy! We all are, too. ^_^

Kelli, I'm glad your root canal is done and you didn't faint - you poor thing. I hope it heals quickly!

NDFarmgirl, welcome!! And brrrr!!!!!

Sharon, that's a fabulous photo! LOL

Marilyn, that bluebird photo is gorgeous!

Joey, awww... Look how big JW is getting! What is he going to plant in that pot?

There's a 50% chance of rain today - I hope it really does rain! And then the cold front is coming through here - but of course, it's really going to be just a chilly front for us. Tomorrow it will be in the 50s, Friday in the 40s, and then it will get warm again.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:53am CDT (13 min ago)
Temperature 71 °F 22 °C
Dew Point 68 °F 20 °C
Humidity 90%
Pressure 30.09 in 1019.1 mb
Wind Speed 6 MPH 5 kts
Wind Dir ESE 120°
Ceiling 8500 ft 2591 m
Visibility 6 mi 9.7 km
Heat Index 76 °F 24 °C
Current Conditions Mist
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 71.1°F / 21.7°C

Rest of today Partly cloudy late, then mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the morning. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.
Tonight Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Cooler. Lows in the upper 40s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

(Zone 7a)

Farmgirl!!! Did you make it out? LOL That's amazing!

JW! He IS getting big. Thanks, Joey.

27°F with 36º for the high and sunny.
Feels like: 28°F

Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 18°
Humidity: 68%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 5 mph S
Sunrise: 7:45 AM
Sunset: 7:30 PM
UV Index: 5 Moderate

Yesterday.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Page, ND

this is what we woke up to. 14 inches of new snow. Drifts are 5 feet high on the HIGHWAYs. No school. Drifts along our road are up to the tops of the trees. I know my garden is under there SOMEWHERE! The snow is very hard because of the wind.

Thumbnail by NDFarmgirl
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Boy!!! it doesn't take long to get behind on this thread!
Joey, pulling for you too and JW is adorable.
NDF, can't even comprehend what you are going through. I have NEVER seen snow like that. Looks like it will take a month to dig out. Hope you stay warm and have lots of food on hand. Shoot, they close schools here if we have 2 inches of snow LOL
Kelli, so glad your root canal is behind you...now you can concentrate on more pleasant things to look forward to.
Sharon, I love the pictures...they are so precious.
Marylyn, glad your big bunny found Flashy. Thank goodness he wasn't lost too long.
Marsue, I never get bluebirds in my yard. I love them and they are so beautiful, but our yard in too enclosed for them.

I hope I got most everyone. When I saw the pic. of JW, it reminded me of Peaches when she was a puppy. Not that JW reminds me of my dog LOL What I mean is Peaches use to run around the back yard with a big flower pot on her head. I didn't have a digital camera back then so I can't send a pic. (boo - hiss) She was so goofy!! You ought to have seen her too when she went to puppy kindergarten. It was a riot!

Finally feel better after the stomach flu. Going out to plant my few pansies. It's 73 today but cold front coming through and will only be 49 tomorrow. The next 6 days have a chance of rain. Is this April showers already???? We will have to start a thread for that when April gets here. Catch up with y'all later.
FF

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

My internet came back overnight. It wasn't a problem on my side but their's. The storms were pretty powerful. Lots of flooding and lots of lightning balls.

Right now it is in the 20s and sunny. It's so sunny you walk outside without a coat then run back in and get one. LOL

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the BD wishes guys! I'm way behind ,but I'll try to catch up tomorrow. Love all the pics.
Adina

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Glad you're back with us Pepper. How long did it take you to run back in and get the coat. LOL The storms are really bad in the midwest. I guess you would call that the midwest? We now have an afternoon high of 81!!! Going to crash back down tomorrow (bummer) Don't you just love this transition period? They say in my neck of the woods..."If you don't like the weather, stick around, it will change in 30 minutes"! Going outside with my binocs and a glass of sweet tea and look at all the birds singing. Nice way to wrap up the afternoon.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Marylyn – Thanks! I’m so glad you found Flash! I did a happy dance when I read your post.
Celia – Cool ice picture!
NDF – That’s a lot of snow! Peanut has obedience training beginning 4/14 for 6 weeks. It’s for Chihuahua’s only and her BFF Lulu Belle is enrolled too. This is going to be hysterical LOL!
Pepper – So glad you are safe and back on-line. Sounds like one of our volatile storms.
Flip – Wish I was there watching the birds with you!

69.1 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 60%
Dew Point: 55 °F
Wind: 3.2 mph from the NNW
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.15 in (Steady)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 5000 ft
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Tonight
Mostly clear. Patchy dense fog after midnight with visibility one quarter mile or less at times. Low 56. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

We've got a little "cool down" moving through tonight. Back into spring mode. I packed up my Winter gear yesterday. After many years here I've learned to keep the sweat shirts and hoodies out until April.

I need a good caption for this one. The look on Boo's face is classic LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Page, ND

Got outside today - the boys did, my my nostrils froze shut, so I wasnt out long! I cant BELIEVE the snow!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by NDFarmgirl
(Zone 7a)

"I keel you in your sleep. Do not sleep, for you no wake."

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

ND that is AMAZING!

Boo says "I vant to be alone....."

Celia don't ya love those Ice Bubbles? GREAT Shot!

Cool here at 43°, especially after 76 degrees just yesterday.
Going for freezing tonight....low 20's by Friday morning.....
I'm covering back up spme of the sprouts.
We still have a heavy leaf litter covering and never remove it till AFTER March.... lol!

Ric

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We were down, now on the way back.
0º this morning. 10º this afternoon. 5º now.
Cold tonight, then looking for 30's tomorrow?
It's all coming your way, south & east of here.

Do you remember this kitchen, before picture ?

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

That picture was taken February 1. We started on the job Feb. 9.
The owner started painting & other things on Feb. 6.

Today we left at 4 PM. House is entirely remodeled. New paint everywhere. Bathroom was tore apart, tile cam off the walls & floor plus new tub, shower & stool.

Living/dining room, old paneling tore off, new sheetrock & paint. All trim is either new or refinished.

Kitchen parts of walls were tore out. Old sofit is gone. New ceiling & walls. Of course new paint & trim. And lets not for get new custom cabinets from us! Rustic Alder with no stain.

Entire house now has either hardwood floors, (original), laminate, or new carpet.
Plumbing & electric was updated.
Ready for sale tomorrow morning. Owner is hoping quick sale!

This picture was taken today from the same spot as the before one.
Bernie

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This is from the other way.

(Zone 3b)

34* and we had a nice fire outside to celebrate the coming spring.
ric~I'm glad you're enjoying the cake:))
Joey~oh my gosh-what a cutie and growing like a weed, too. JW looks quite engrossed in the bucket. Good luck w/test.
MarylynT_X~ so glad there's been a happy ending to the lost kitten story. Very good.
CG~beautiful job; lucky new owners, whoever they may be:)
NDF~lots of snow always looks so pretty.
MySharona~seems you're ready to be moving soon. Love Boo; he's a cool cat:))
A fireside lazy afternoon today.

Thumbnail by kiska
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Currently 31°F under mostly clear skies and winds gusting to 19 mph. We'll have a high of 28°F tomorrow, 36°F Friday then at least 8 days of highs in the 40's. Spring is inching closer!

Farmgirl............Wow! At least it's mid-March and should melt soon.

Bernie..........Nice work! I really like the warmth of the unfinished alder.

I forget who asked what I learned at the gardening seminar last weekend. I did learn something about wave petunias. The speaker who runs the greenhouse and nursery showed photos of his hanging baskets taken in Oct. and they still looked as good as they did in early summer. Mine always are straggly and ratty looking by then. the secret? In addition to water every day he also FERTILIZES THEM 3 TIMES A WEEK.

Although I do a ton of flower gardening here I quit vegetable gardening years ago when I came home from vacation in mid-July to find the neighbor kids had picked my entire garden. I found all the little veggies in cardboard boxes in the woods. Anyway, I've decided to get back into it but I'm going to give growing heirloom vegetables a try. I ordered a bunch of seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom seeds and I'm waiting for them to arrive. Their website is here: http://rareseeds.com/

Here's an updated photo of my little GS.............complete with slobber.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I forgot to mention this is a flip house. People bought it to resell. They hope to make a few grand for their trouble.

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Early_Bloomer, your little GS is adorable!!! He has big blue eyes like my GS does. Here's a pic. of my GS when he got a Top Cat Award in his kindergarten class.

Thumbnail by FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Bernie, the work on the kitchen turned out great!
Kiska, neat photo. Did you have something hot to drink while sitting out there?

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

What is a flip house? Sounds kinda scary, like a trailer that has been in a tornado.

Nothing exciting here.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 5:51 PM PDT on March 11, 2009
55 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 43 °F
Wind: 10 mph from the South
Pressure: 29.99 in (Steady)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 4000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Oh, wait, yeah, there is something interesting. Some of the tulips that where planted a couple years ago have buds. Tulips are not supposed to rebloom here.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

WOW what a plethora of correspondence, Glad everyone is into spring! Rejoice.

(Zone 7a)

A flip house is one that someone has bought, will remodel and then sell. They don't plan to live in it themselves. We plan on selling MIL's home to someone who does stuff like that. The offers are already coming in the mail.

Great pics everyone! Ric, your should put that in the photo contest this year! Too cute!

Isis follows me everywhere, including through the snow.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.