Can i have your support please!!!! # 2

Coushatta, LA

Can someone help me ID the ones i just posted.
Does anyone know the names of these Camellias.

Thanks,Cody

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

No help from me on the names for sure - but they are pretty. ^_^ Looks like you had fun picking them out..... .

Genna

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Genna,i did.I just wish i knew the names of them.Their is alot that look alike to me.So it is hard to tell what they are.

Cody

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

I have th tea cammila.. does any one grow this.. and harvest their own tea from it..

Coushatta, LA

Sorry,not that i know of.

Coushatta, LA

This is a sport flower.

Thumbnail by TheAngelGirl
Coushatta, LA

To this plant.

Coushatta, LA

That has these flowers on it.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Amazing how they vary isn't it..............

Coushatta, LA

Yes Genna,it is.I didn't think they had sports on them as a young plant.The good part is that you don't know what you have until it blooms.

Coushatta, LA

I bought 3 Camellias today.
Dr.Tinsley

Coushatta, LA

This is the flower on it.

Coushatta, LA

Debutante

Coushatta, LA

Sadie Mancil

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Dr Tinsley is one of the ones I lost last summer...... guess I need to replace it - but so far i haven't seen one. Of course, Home Depot etc is probably just now beginning to get theirs in.

Not familiar with the Sadie Mancil

Coushatta, LA

Genna,i bought these in Tenaha Texas yesterday at King's Nursery for 7.00 for 1 gallons.

This message was edited Mar 27, 2009 2:39 PM

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Never heard of Tenaha Texas but sounds like a place to get great deals! the three that I have bought this year cost me 18.95 / gal....

Good deal! and they look healthy too !

Genna

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Genna.

My next one will be Governor Mouton.

This message was edited Mar 27, 2009 2:44 PM

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I have that Gov Mouton on my want list as well........ we saw it the day we bought the first 2 camellias...... and my kids wanted it because it was in full bloom and was gorgeous - but they only had it in a large pot - maybe 10 gal (i am not sure) but they wanted over 60 dollars for it and I wouldn't consider paying that much for it!

Thanks for the dmail.

Genna

Coushatta, LA

Genna,they may have grown that one their self.That is why it was so much.Kings has that one to.I may go back next week or so and get that one.I wish i could help you out and their was a way we could met y'll in shreveport.

Cody

Coushatta, LA

I just bought Spellbound Camellia in a 1 gallon pot for 9.00

This message was edited Mar 30, 2009 4:06 PM

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

How far is Shreveport for you? It is a little over 2 hrs for me - and that is drivable for a weekend trip...... Might be willing to meet you for some plants if you are going back over there. I haven't pulled out a map to see where their town is located..........

genna

Coushatta, LA

Genna,i'm only a hour from Shreveport.Rob works weekends,he is only off on Thrusdays and Friday.I can't drive so i won't be able to meet you.It would have to be on one of those days.

Cody

Coushatta, LA

My Nuccio's Gem bloomed.I didn't think it would this year,but it did.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

pretty......

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Genna,was you able to get you some Camellias?My whole side of the yard is planted with them.So i will have to keep them trim back.Have you thought about ordering them from some where.I would be cheaper maybe then driving somewhere faroff to get them.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I have just picked up 4 somewhat locally...... but not great prices..... I still HOPE to get to Forest Hills before it is too late to try to plant them here. I can't plant much past mid May or things will not have time to adapt and prepare for the extreme heat of summer....... In fact, some years I lose whatever they give me on Mother's day because it gets hot early...... I hope to go to the RU at Jeri's house on May 16th and they have a day scheduled to go to Forest Hills on the 15th if I can get down there in time. Are you going to Jeri's??

Genna

Coushatta, LA

That is good that you found some.I don't think i will be going this time.I have so much to do here.We are getting ducks next week so we have to build a pen for them.I have to much on my plate right now.Still have a lot of flowers to plant and get the beds all cleaned out.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Too bad you can't join us..... that bunch from Louisiana seems to be lots of fun. You should join on the midsouth forum some if you get a chance - it is a great bunch of people on there. Always willing to share knowledge and plants.....

Maybe next time !
Genna

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Genna,i will pop in.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Hey Cody ..... got any new camellia beauties to share??? I have been searching for some new ones but haven't been able to find any in my area for a reasonable price- most places don't have them for some reason!!

Genna

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

Here is a picture of Camellia japonica Kramer's Supreme

Thumbnail by Reggietheclown
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow - that is nice.... I just splurged and purchased three new ones over the weekend.... I need to get some pictures to share!

Genna

Waynesboro, MS(Zone 8a)

The last blooms of Gov.Mouton
It has been blooming since a week before Christmas

Thumbnail by Hemental
Waynesboro, MS(Zone 8a)

Here is a red bloom
I have seen it bloom pink and white and almost all pink

Thumbnail by Hemental
Waynesboro, MS(Zone 8a)

Pink Perfection started blooming last week

Thumbnail by Hemental
Waynesboro, MS(Zone 8a)

The Pink Perfection tree is fully loaded with bloom

Thumbnail by Hemental
Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I hope there is a Camellia forum started. I'm surprised there isn't one already. Love Camellias! Took this yesterday - Camellia 'Michael'.

Thumbnail by growin
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Gorgeous pics! I purchased a Gov Mouton a few weeks ago - I was SO excited to finally find one in a smaller size that I could afford - well, it was about 4 1/2 ' tall, but was only 24.95 - where before the only one I had found was over 70 !! I knew if I paid 70 for something I would kill it for sure! NOW, IF i can just keep the deer from eating it and the 2 others that I purchased! They have eaten all the leaves off the ones I planted last year!!

Genna

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

just browsing around dg and found this thread. i think the 3rd pic that sue posted is Sasanqua 'Yuletide'.

here is pf picture for comparison: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/59993/

This message was edited Mar 29, 2010 10:53 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.