Look What I Found! Pink Lemons!

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi All!

Look at what I found at of all places Home Depot. A variegated Pink Lemon Tree.

I am so excited. Has anyone else grown these?

kanita

Thumbnail by kanita
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Haven't grown it (have Meyer lemons though). Here's a helpful article from UC Riverside. The botanical dept. there specializes in citrus and avocados.

http://www.citrusvariety.ucr.edu/citrus/variegatedpink.html

Thanks Yuska!

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

I had one when I lived in San Jose, CA. I loved the variegated leaves and the stripped fruit. However, in San Jose, the "pink" flesh was very, very pale. You couldn't see the pink when the juice was used to make lemonade. That really didn't bother me. I bought it becaused it was variegated. I have a feeling the photo was run through PhotoShop and enhanced.

Thanks for the tip Bettydee, because I was really thinking that I would have pink lemonade. Oh well, did they taste good?

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

I didn't taste any difference between the "pink" Eurekas and the regular ones.

Color in some citrus is weather dependent. I don't know if that's the case with the "pink" Eurekas. If flesh color is indeed weather dependent in these Eurekas, there may be enough weather differences between Los Angeles and San Jose that you could get more color than I did. However, I don't want to get your hopes up too much because I have read that the coloration is very slight.
Veronica

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.