Stupid Rotary Spreaders!!! HELP!

Monrovia, MD

I hate to be an idiot, but there's beautiful weather so I bought some turf trust and a bag of pre-emregant broadleaf preventer for a particularly bad spot...now I want to use my scotts rotary spreader to put it down. Unfortunately I can't figure out how much to use! The bag of stuff only gives directions for a specific kind of spreader and my scotts spreader has a dial that doesn't really corrospond. I do not want to over use - but I don't want to waste the $$ on ineffective application because I didn't use proper amount.

I went to the scotts website and to the manufacturer of the turf trust/portrait - I don't see anything that helps me translate one application rate setting to another type of spreader. Is this a conspiracy? Can anyone help?
THanks,
j

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

I just went through this with different brands... what model spreader is it? The fertilizer, is that their 24-2-12? I might be able to figure it out.

Monrovia, MD

Thanks Claypa. I got frustrated and called Roozens Garden Center and talked to Jos Roozen himself! I felt a bit guilty because I made it sort of sound like I bought the bags of pre-emergant and fertilizer there - but I bought it somewhere else...mia culpa.
But he was able to give me the dial setting to get the pounds per 1000 feet...but it sure does demonstrate the fact that we all go out and buy these things only to find out that each spreader manufacturer has it's own system for controlling the drop rate!
Happy Spring!
j

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.