Wanted: For Brand New Garden

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I am moving to a new house and virgin land and will need rooted cuttings of shrubs, in particular Viburnums, Hydrangeas, Cotoneasters, Pyracantha mohave, Spireas, Lavatera Barnsley, Indigofera, Forsythia, Ribes sanguineum, Neillia thibetica, Skimmia japonica, Berberis verruculosa, darwinii and thunbergii .... gosh, and so many others. Should I have presented this list on 'my page'. My first post here and don't quite know what I'm doing yet:-) I have nothing to offer at the moment but will gladly pay for postage. Thanks.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Louisa, I'll have a few hydrangea macrophylla cuttings this spring/early summer, as well as some aucuba japonica ("Gold dust")cuttings if you want them....check back with me in late April to see what's putting on new growth.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

go_vols - Thank you so much. I am touched by your offer. I felt almost sure that because I am taking over a new garden that most folk would not be interested and you can't blame them really. This site is such a hive of industry that one wonders how everyone keeps abreast of all the activity......LOL. I will probably forget that you have offered me anything at all by April. So I will copy your message and store it somewhere. Thanks again, that was so sweet of you.

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Too bad you are not closer to me - I'm planning to replace my forsythia with a sun flower bed. Don't have enough sun and they have a very short bloom period. Brenda

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Isn't that always the way! I would gladly have taken over your forsythia. Maybe there is someone closer to you than I who would also love to have it. Yes, it does have a brief flowering period, but when the understory plants are daffodils it's a sight for sore eyes. The foliage is quite interesting! Thanks for mentioning it - appreciate it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.