"Greenfingers" A bloomin' comedy

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Just watched this movie over the weekend. A must see! Gardening and a younger Clive Owen, what more could we ask for? I really recommend it. Here's a link to the movie overview and trailer.

http://www.fandango.com/greenfingers_32465/movieoverview

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the recommendation!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh absolutely!!!

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

The trailer looks funny. I see Helen Mirren is in it too, she's great. She appeared in an episode of that BBC car show "Top Gear", and did really well on their test track.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the recommendation - just added it to my Netflix list :)

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

My DIL recommended "Greenfingers" to me a while back, knowing my love of gardening. I found it at our library and really liked it. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who loves gardens and gardening. The young Clive Owen is just a bonus. ;->

Neat plot line, and I think it's based on a true story. Yes Helen Mirren is in it, which also adds to the reasons for seeing it. I will watch anything Dame Helen is in!

claypa - we also adore "Top Gear" and were seriously impressed with Helen's driving of her "lap in the reasonably priced car".

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Bec, I thought an english comedy might be up your alley. Claypa, I think we get "Top Gear" on BBC on demand. I remember my husband watching the show. I'll have to check out the episode you mentioned. Can't wait to hear what you all think of the movie.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Bobbie - there are some Brit shows I absolutely love, then some not so much - was never, for example, into Black Adder or Benny Hill...

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm with ya Bec. Love the classics like, Are You Being Served, Keep Up Appearances. Not so much on ones like As Time Goes By, or Last of the Summer Wine. Loved the first seasons of Chef, it got lame at the end.

Have you seen the new one Gavin and Stacey. Loves it!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Bobbie, I couldn't wait to get over here this morning and let you know I finally watched Greenfingers last night and loved it! Thank you so much for recommending it - I think I'm going to "lend" it to a few gardening friends before I send it back :)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Netflix fight, RCN, Ric just added it to our list, too. LOL

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Holly, you'll enjoy it. Rick always give me a hard time about what I put on our list - but even he enjoyed this one!

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

My Rick liked it too, LOL. Glad you enjoyed it Debbie and you'll love it too Holly.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Loved the movie, liked when they went to the mansion for the first time and not a flower garden in sight. "Do as I say, not as I do" lol

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

HA, It just came in today's mail, Ric and I are outside taking advantage of the beautiful day. Just in taking a break, I planted my Pansies today. I think we will probably sit down and watch it later this evening.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Holly and I just finished watching it. We enjoyed it a lot.I'd recommend it to anyone, gardener or not, being based on a true story just made it all the better. Ric

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I asked my dad to put this one on his netflix list, and it came today. I watched it when I got home from work and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation... Terri

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Netflix is probably wondering why this movie is suddenly being requested by members all over the Mid Atlantic! LOL I let my friend borrow it before sending it back and she loved it as well. Ric, I agree, being based on a true story DID make it even more enjoyable :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.