Greehouse Bizz

Gentry, AR

this is a continuation of the thread "going full time into the greenhouse bizz this year." it was getting a bit log.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/951503/

Eunice, MO(Zone 5b)

Long but interesting. Keep up the good posts.

Gentry, AR

thanks cathy4 for the link i forgot it. and i will be getting back on the greenhouses this week i have to finish the small one before Friday, thats when my son is getting his jaw surgery. and i will get more pic soon

Palmer, AK(Zone 2a)

Thanks for posting the link, Cathy4.

Howdy, gthumbsus. :)

North Augusta, ON

Goodie, a new thread. Waiting as patiently as possible for new updates.

Gentry, AR

howdy "ice" hay threegardeners here are some pics to keep you happy till i get back on the greenhouses. hopefully tomorrow.

Thumbnail by gthumbus
Gentry, AR

they are patiently waiting for their new home to be finished.

Thumbnail by gthumbus
Gentry, AR

here is the seed starting bin. i have been able to force most of them up in about 2 1/2 days. thinking of adding a fogger to up the humidity to see what that does.

Thumbnail by gthumbus
North Augusta, ON

Impressive!

I'd like to see a wide shot of that set-up...^_^

Gentry, AR

here you go "3G" it's a bit messy right now and needs more lights and another shelf.

Thumbnail by gthumbus
North Augusta, ON

Messy don't matter as long as it gets the job done!!
Nice easy design there, I like that. Thank you.

Gentry, AR

and here is the other side. and yes i know the lights should be lower but i had them up so i could work.

Thumbnail by gthumbus
North Augusta, ON

wow!! very cool indeed!!

Gentry, AR

i have two 100 watt regular light bulbs in it for the heat source. it keeps it at about 76-80.

Tampa, FL

I have a greenhouse in florida. And I have a problem with white flies, does anyone know what I can use to get rid of them. They are killing my plants. Have you heard if ladybugs help?

Gentry, AR

"deedee" if you are like me and don't use chemicals you could try horticultural oil or insecticidal soap.

Eastlake, OH(Zone 5a)

deedee,
Try using pyola insect spray. It is organic and you can get it at www.gardensalive.com

I"Stay Happy and Keep Gardening"

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

If you're going to have a greenhouse, you best get used to whiteflies. They like the environment you've created just as much as the plants. ;-)

The best weapon I've found for them is a good, old-fashioned Pyrethrum bomb. =)

Elizabeth City, NC(Zone 8a)

GT those plants look great. How many hours a day do you run the lights?

JB

Gentry, AR

'J" here lately 24 hr keep forgetting to turn them off. i run them 16 hr otherwise. i need to get a timer.

Gentry, AR

well put the last truss up and put the side panel on and put the slats on.

Thumbnail by gthumbus
Gentry, AR

tomorrow i will try and get the plastic on then start on the ends wind permitting.

Thumbnail by gthumbus
Gentry, AR

oh update on my son he got wire hooks put on his braces today. he's getting a little scared now its only two days away from the surgery. going to be 6 hr surgery and a 2-3 day hospital stay. so after Thursday i won't be getting any work done until sometime next week. got to baby sit my 18 year old baby.lol

Thanks and good luck to you and your son.

JB

Gentry, AR

"JB" your welcome and thank you. "whitebear"

Gentry, AR

everyone that was watching crickets 09 thread. They moved her thread to the Market Growers community. she won't get rid of me that easy. lol

we moved with her since we were participating, so it will come up when there are any new posts.

Yes, I have recieved the new post transparently. I actually didn't know they moved her.

JB

Gentry, AR

well sorry guys didn't get anything done with the plastic today we had 20-25 mph wind so didn't get it up. well on another note it's only 7 hr till we leave for the hospital for my sons surgery. all the prayers you can send our way would be appreciated. thanks "whitebear"

Praying for successful surgery and quick recovery.

Gentry, AR

thanks cathy4

Gentry, AR

i might get to work on the greenhouses starting sunday, one of my sons friends is coming to spend his spring break with us and he can sit with my son while i work outside, so hopefully i'll have new pics monday or tuesday.

Maybe a day of rest would be good for you on Sunday? You've working pretty hard for quite awhile now. Then you could start out fresh on Monday.

Gentry, AR

sounds pretty good. thought i might sleep as much as i could at the hospital while my son is sleeping witch is going to be a lot i think/hope.

Palmer, AK(Zone 2a)

Sending prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery for gthumbus jr.

Carnation, WA(Zone 7b)

Hoping all goes well for your son's surgery and post-op.

Gentry, AR

thanks guys right now in the waiting room. two hr into the surgery 4 more to go. just got a call from the nurse and everything is going ok.

Gentry, AR

well out of surgery only took 3 hrs dr said went great. we are in the room now and he wrote that he is not in much pain thank goodness. thanks for all the prayers and i will try and get back on the greenhouse asap.

Great news.

Here's something that might cheer you up. I did as you said and transplanted some babies today.

Here's the soupy Hollyhocks waiting to be transplanted.

Thumbnail by johnnybegood

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.