Wind: 5 mph Variable
Pressure: 30.00 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Few 18000 ft
Scattered Clouds 30000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Celia, what is "I want to believe"?

There were altocumulus clouds on Friday, cirrus clouds yesterday, and very wide contrails today, all of which point towards rain, but they are only calling for a 30% chance.

sparaxis

Thumbnail by Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

narcissus

Thumbnail by Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

freesias

Thumbnail by Kelli
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

March came in tidewater, VA like a lion!! It's 37 degrees with wind NNE at 18 MPH and a wintry mix. I have been cold all day. Tomorrow is suppose to only get up to 31 degrees with snow in the morning. This is so typical for this area. It was 70 degrees a couple of days ago. We have not had any snow so far to stick to the ground...only some flurries. Always comes when spring looks like it's going to be here soon with the trees budding and the daffs blooming. Oh well...you can't fool Mother Nature! The goldfinches don't seem to mind; I had at least two dozen of them at the feeders today. They are about to eat me out of house and home.....so many of them this year.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Happy Spring everyone! Such beautiful flowers!
Because it's March 1st and we are celebrating a very nice custom we are calling "Martisor"...some of you already know about it...I'm sending you all a "Martisor" for good luck and health!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 7a)

Thank you, Adina! I saved it on my computer.

"I Want To Believe" is the poster Agent Mulder had over his desk on the TV show, The X-Files.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Dark - Cold & some white stuff falling from the skies. I do not think much will accumulate
but I'll leave early for work in the morning just to be on the safe side.

(Zone 3b)

Thanks for the new thread, kelli, and the beautiful photos, as well.
Adina~thank you; so thoughtful of you and it's a wonderful tradition.
Dyson~take care w/drive tomorrow.
FlipFlops~seems the birds love your feed; they'll need it with that wintery weather.
Sunny, up to 15* this afternoon with lots of fresh snow from yesterday.
Camo Playground ~

Thumbnail by kiska
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We got the lamb. Sunny all day, although not to warm. Maybe 20º.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Sunny, with very little wind and very cold. This morning I needed my sunglasses to be able to see just to go down and get the paper. Very bright.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

. . .like a lion here, too. Although, all the snow is gone, it is still cold and the wind has been blowing somewhat.
Thanks for the new thread, Kelli. That sporaxis is gorgeous and the other flowers, too.
Adina: I can't say that I know what "martisor" is but that bouquet is neat. What's it made from?
FlipFlops: what a neat ID name! welcome to the weather thread!!
Dyson: yes, please do be careful on the drive in to work tomorrow.
Kiska: neat photo of the playground. Are those aspen trees?
Bernie: How did the benefit for the baby go this morning?

Currently 36º F and fair according to the Weather Channel. How do they know if it is fair--it's Dyson dark outside. LOL

I go to my daughter's house on Wed. I'll be gone for about 12 days but you won't be rid of me that easily--LOL--because I'm buying a new laptop tomorrow and I'm taking it with me! Hooray!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Lion here too!
33 and windy going to the upper teens.

Thanks Adina!

Ric

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

19°F and a bit windy this evening. We had quite a bit of sunshine this weekend but highs only reached the 20's. High of only 13°F expected tomorrow but a warm up is on the way with highs in the 40's later this week. The big snowstorm moving up the Eastern Seaboard tonight and tomorrow will miss us here.

Kelli...........I'm enjoying your "green" hiking photos. Looks like Northern CA will be rainy the next few days with a big storm moving in off the Pacific.

early_bloomer

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

The benefit must have been a great success. It ran from 6 AM until 1 PM. We were there at about 8:30. Not a lot of people at that moment, but looked as though many had been there. We had our breakfast & while we were eating people kept coming in.
They also had a silent auction. There must have been upwards of 50 items. Many worth well over $100.00. We looked at everything. Most had bids on them already & some were quite substantial. We were ready to leave at a bit after 9. The first mass at the Catholic church must have just let out. The place was full in a few minutes.

This is a town of 2500. Also a farming community, where everybody helps in hard times. The father works at a tractor repair shop & is well liked. The mothers family has been in the community forever. So I would say they had a very successful event.

One a little over a year ago a benefit for a lady that had a stroke while giving birth, over 700 people came for a supper.

Bernie

(Zone 7a)

So glad to hear that, Bernie! Glad it was a success.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm glad it was a success, too, Bernie.

Thanks for the new thread, Kelli!

Yayyy!!! about the new laptop, Marilyn!! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with your daughter.

It was chilly here this morning, too, and is going to be in the 30s again tonight. We had a father-daughter bake-off after church this afternoon. That was fun! Charles and the big bunny made a cake decorated like a pond... It was really cute. They won second prize for cakes (there was a white chocolate raspberry cake that tasted better), and first prize for the most creative entry. The "prizes" were just dollar store wooden spoons spray painted gold, silver, and bronze, so it wasn't a very serious competition. It was a lot of fun, though!! :-)

We have a new camera (yayyy!), but by the time we finished putting the cake together last night, we didn't think to take a photo. Charles took one this morning, but the judges were already milling around, so you can't see all of the details... I think they did a good job. :-) I helped with the frosting, but Charles came up with the design idea (we found the bits and pieces at Hobby Lobby), and Joy helped make the batter and place all of the critters on the top.

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Here are Joy (big bunny) and Charles with their spoons...

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

And here's what happens when you eat the cake. LOL We're sending the rest of the cake to work with Charles in the morning. Hopefully they won't have any big clients coming in to see the salesguys... Maybe we should send toothpaste and brushes in, too. LOL

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Marylyn, wow, those cakes are looking great and I bet they're yummy! So funny your bunny's blue lips !LOL
Mau,"Martisor"It is about a small object, like an amulet, representing a flower, an animal or something cute, which has a thin thread, made of white and red,ended with 2 tassels : one white and one red, tight like a ribbon. The amulets are given to women as a gift from their loved ones : husband, kids or friends, not only from men friends. Women and girls are exchanging amulets too. My "martisor" is made of metal with gold on top.
Years ago, the men were the ones who were receiving the"martisor", to protect them in wars.
Here's a link to an article about Martisor, so you can find more information. Search for the article called "Martisor" on the left bottom of the page.

http://www.meetromania.info/

Kiska, that's a beautiful view of the playground!
It's been so nice yesterday, sunny and it's getting warmer. Today it's Dyson dark so far, cloudy and windy. Temps are arround 40.
These are a few amulets I bought for my friends.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Kelli – Thanks for the new thread! Your blooms are looking great! Mine are just now coming up.

March is in like a lion for us. Yesterday was blustery and cold. The sun came out around 1pm, but the wind was crazy. Knocked over a couple of plants and almost tore the sabal palm in half at one point.

Bernie – The chest is bamboo. I can’t believe he let it go for so little.
Adina – Thank you!
Celia – I didn’t watch X-Files. That show really creeped me out LOL!
Mau – So glad you’ll be spending time with your DD! Congrats on the new laptop!
Bernie – That was a wonderful thing for your community to do. I’m glad it was a success.
Marylyn – Congrats on the win! The cakes looks great!

40.8 °F
Overcast
Windchill: 37 °F
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 20 °F
Wind: 3.8 mphfrom the West
Wind Gust: 7.5 mph
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Overcast 3800 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Freeze watch in effect from late tonight through Tuesday morning...

Today
Sunny...breezy and cooler. High 52. Northwest winds 15 mph.

We are colder than normal this time of year. By Friday we will be warmer than normal. This is Peanut and her BFF Lulu Belle.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

EB: it seems that several of us will be warmer by the week-end. "They" are saying that around here we will be up in the mid to high 70's which is unseasonably warm. Again--yo-yo weather! The poor flowers and shrubs don't know whether to stay asleep or wake up!
Bernie: certainly sounds like the benefit was a big success. How nice that your community comes together to do things like that for those in need.
Marylyn: What a neat cake! So creative! Congratulations to Joy and Charles! The blue lips would be a natural result from eating "pond" icing. LOL
Adina: thanks for explaining about Martisor. It's nice to learn about traditions in other countries.
Sharon: Pea and Lulu Belle are having a good time. I wish Friday had a BFF--it would keep me from having to entertain him so much.

Currently 27º and sunny
Today Mostly Sunny
High 45°F
Precip 0%
Wind: NE 13 mph
Max. Humidity: 40%
UV Index: 5 Moderate
Sunrise: 6:36 AM CT
Avg. High: 60°F
Record High: 82°F (2006)
Tonight: Partly Cloudy
Overnight Low 27°F
Precip 0%
Wind: ENE 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 55%
Sunset: 6:05 PM CT
Avg. Low: 36°F
Record Low: 15°F (1980)

I'm off in a couple of hours to buy my new laptop. Wish me good shopping! LOL

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

The lion is still here in Tidewater, although not as bad as some other areas south and north of us. We are just close enough to the ocean that we don't always get the snow but we do get the wind off the ocean. It's 27 degrees outside with winds gusting up to 39 MPH. I do see a robin hopping around outside!
Marylyn: Love the pond cake!! What a neat idea.
MySharona: Lula Belle and Peanut are so cute. My golden retriever "Peaches" went outside this morning in our 2 inches of snow and loved it. She didn't want to come back in.
Marsue: Thanks for the compliment....I love the beach and summer so naturally I thought of wearing my favorite shoes "flipflops" or (even better) no shoes at all. Today I have on thick socks and slippers LOL
I am relatively new to DG and still learning about all there is out there. I love this thread too!

Still freezing cold and it's not gonna warm up much today. The sun is shining again so I still need sunglasses when outside. lol

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Here's my girl, Peaches. She really loves the snow although she doesn't see much of it. She loves the water too!

Thumbnail by FlipFlops
(Zone 3b)

pepper~no sunglasses needed here, yet; sunrise will be at 7:53; there are stars as bright and beautiful as can be, though. At least cold and clear is a good combination.
Minus 2*; the deck flooring is beginning to pop and crack as the temp drops. Seems to pop with each few degrees drop once it's below zero.
Marylyn_TX~they are to be congratulated on such a cool cake. The awards are very creative, too.
marsue~will there be a BFF for Friday after you move? I think the trees at the playground are birch.
CG~wonderful fundraiser; sounds like a great community and one that comes together in times of need. Very nice.
FlipFlop~welcome; you're right; so much going on here and so many places to visit. I can just imagine your Golden Retriver playing in the snow; cute.

(Zone 3b)

FlipFlops~oops, I crossed; Peaches is beautiful; nice to see a photo.

(Zone 7a)

Welcome, Flipflops!!! Peaches has the sweetest face. But, I'll bet she can get into trouble like the rest of our babies. LOL

Mau, have fun getting the new laptop.

Kiska, any more moose sightings?

Marylyn, what a cool idea for a cake! I'm stealing it for Darrell's birthday. LOL

40°F with 57º for the high and mostly cloudy with achance of rain. Again.
Feels like: 38°F

Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 32°
Humidity: 73%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: 0 in
Wind: 3 mph SW
Sunrise: 7:00 AM
Sunset: 6:19 PM
UV Index: 5 Moderate

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Just went outside a little while ago (brrrrrrrr it's cold) and took a picture of Peaches in the snow.

Thumbnail by FlipFlops
(Zone 3b)

4* Beautiful blue sky and sunshine this afternoon.
Copy/Paste from wunderground weather site for Alaska:
Sunrise/Sunset times: Actual Time 7:53 AM AKST 6:24 PM AKST Tomorrow will be 5m 51s longer
Low temperatures from around the state: Tanana -41°F / -41°C
Chandalar Lake -40°F / -40°C
Arctic Village -36°F / -38°C
Point Lay -35°F / -37°C
Selawik -34°F / -37°C

kwanjin~love the fluffy bird; looks as if it's bundled up against the cold:)
The moose are here off and on; they've really eaten just about all there is near the house, though, so they just pass through, checking for anything left.
FlipFlop~she's posing so nicely; very pretty.

Thumbnail by kiska
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

We got a half inch of frozen rain, followed by 5 inches of snow. Tried to leave early for work. That plan did not pan-out because the car doors were frozen shut and I had to let the car idle for a long time before I could get enough of the Ice off the windows to be able to see.

Route 220 was a mess, I - 581 marginally better and the last five minutes of my commute on I - 81 was almost completely clear. I got to work at 6:30. My shift starts at 7:00 but I normally get there by 6:00. About half of the crew showed up.

Currently it is bright, clear and cold. Hopefully we will not get anymore moisture this evening and the commute will go better in the morning.

Care to all.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Mau – Did you get that laptop? Peanut has met several play buddies at Petco. Lulu Belle is my friends baby. They love each other and play well together.
Welcome FlipFlops! Peaches is beautiful!
Celia – Neat pic of the bird – what kind is it?
FlipFlops – Peaches looks very happy in the snow LOL! BTW Love the screen name!
Kiska - Brrr it looks cold outside!
Dyson – Be careful out there. I never think of car doors being frozen closed.

48.2 °F
Clear
Windchill: 49 °F
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 27 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.12 in(Rising)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Freeze warning in effect from 1 am to 9 am EST Tuesday...
Freeze watch in effect from late Tuesday night through Wednesday morning...

Tonight
Clear and cold. Low 29. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Wind chills 22 to 27 after midnight.

We've had more freezes than I can remember this season. I'm loosing some plants to them. I hope my Jade makes it. It looks really bad - oh well if not I'll buy another.

I took this last week. Thought the clouds had a interesting look to them.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Couldn't wash the truck today, as planned, as the temperature didn't go above 26 deg. Most of the snow missed us north of Harrisburg, Pa. I saw pictures from the York and Mechanicsburg area in the vicinity of Interstates 81, 83 and 641 that were really nasty looking. Hopefully things will be scraped and salted for tomorrow. Very cold at night up here - around 10 again tonight.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Same weather as Pepper... COLD and Sunny...
21° (Wind Chill 10°) currently but we should be near 70 by Saturday.

Violent windstorms east and south of us last night.
Several people I know had the siding torn off their house.
This after the Hurricane and two more major storms since last Fall.
We just got a blast then calm.

Welcome Flip!

Ric

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Ric....love this thread. You sure have had your share of bad weather. Bet you will be glad when spring comes. We are suppose to get record cold temps tonight.

Plainfield, NJ(Zone 6b)

Like a lion here in central NJ............. Mid 20s as the high today, down to 10 F tonight. Between 6 and 12" snow in the region.
Nick

I just found out today that my grandma who lives 15 mins from me, got over 8 inches of snow the other day. We got about 6 here at the house.

This was taken when it was still snowing on Sat morning. You can't tell where the road, driveway or yard is.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Hey Pepper, I'm from MN, I can make out the road & driveway. Lots of practice!

Only down to 15º tonight with clear sky.
Winter must be giving up or went south for spring break.

Bernie

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It popped in here briefly, Bernie, and then headed northeast to Ric and Pepper. The counties just to the north of us hit freezing or below last night. We only got down to about 38° here in town. It's going to be in the lower 40s tonight, back up into the 60s tomorrow, and in the 80s by Thursday.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 10:53pm CST (13 min ago)
Temperature 49 °F 9 °C
Dew Point 36 °F 2 °C
Humidity 61%
Pressure 30.29 in 1025.9 mb
Wind Speed 6 MPH 5 kts
Wind Dir S 190°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km

Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53pm CST : 57.9°F / 14.4°C

Rest of tonight Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Southeast winds around 5 mph.
Tuesday Partly cloudy early in the morning then becoming mostly sunny in the late morning and early afternoon then becoming partly cloudy late in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

(Zone 7a)

We have high winds here tonight and tomorrow. Gusts up to 80mph. Rain is coming later tomorrow and another storm after that on Wed.

Sharon, that is a male Robin. We've had ton of them in the yard the last few days.

Everybody keep your heads down and look for me in Kansas if this keeps up!!!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.