What Iris Do You Have Coming ????

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

I've had about as much Winter as I can take!!!!!!!!

So....to pacify my boredom, I ordered some Tall Bearded Iris!!!....and here is what I have ordered so far.......

CUPID'S ARROW .........(Schreiner's photo)

Thumbnail by grannyh
Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

VAPOR...........(Schreiner's photo)

I am absolutely in love with this one!!!

Thumbnail by grannyh
Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

FEATURE ATTRACTION........(Schreiner's photo)

(I have a thing, I think, for purples!!!!)

Thumbnail by grannyh
Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

FOREIGN LEGION..........(Schreiner's photo)

I've wanted this one for a long time, and for the life of me, I don't know why I haven't acquired it before!

Thumbnail by grannyh
Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

I FEEL GOOD........(Schreiner's photo)

Thumbnail by grannyh
Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

WINTER WALTZ........(Schreiner's photo)

This one is a bonus plant offered for a limited time.

Isn't it just gorgeous?!!

Thumbnail by grannyh
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, grannyh, you done good! Lovely selections.

Here's what I have ordered from our very own pollyk.

Japanese Iris
Butterflies in Flight
Coho
Little Snowman
Night Angel
Rolling Seas
Tropical Storm
Siberians
Blueberry fair
Countess Cathleen
Jeweled Crown
Tornado Rose

I see if I can find pictures.

I'm connecting to plant files and found Little Snowman

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/109014/

This is Rolling Seas

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/108974/

Tropical Storm
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/114654/

Here's Coho from Ensata

http://www.ensata.com/Japanese/Coho.JPG

Night Angel

http://www.ensata.com/Japanese/NitAngel.jpg

I'll try to post the Siberians later.

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

mittsy~They are just beautiful!! That 'BLUEBERRY FAIR" is yummy!!

The best part is that it extends my Iris blooming period with the different varieties. I really had good luck with Louisiana Iris. I got a small piece in a trade (Black Gamecock) and it spread to a huge plant during the summer. Had lovely flowers, too.

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh me...those are some pretty iris that the two of you have chosen. I just finished completing an order for 34 new iris from Blue J Iris and will mail it out in the morning. This is my first order with Blue J and I really liked the ease of ordering on their website. They have some beauties for sale and it was oh so hard to pick and choose. I believe my favorite of my selections may be Pink Pele (IB, 1996). I wanted to order 3 rhizomes of each of my choices, but the old pocketbook told me to downsize....shucks.

I'll just have to wait a bit longer for my clumps to increase.

Pink Pele
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/56379/

Nana3

This message was edited Feb 28, 2009 7:29 PM

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I have tons coming, but my splurges for the spring are:

Cape Cod Boys:

http://www.jpwflowers.com/cd09/images/CapeCodBoys.jpg

And Trip To Paris:

http://www.jpwflowers.com/cd09/images/TripToParis.jpg

Both are new Schafer / Sacks intros, and the photos are from their website.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I haven't decided yet on what and where to order from:lol: I'll watch this thread for ideas and when I'm ready to post my final decisions:)

Some really beautiful choices!

South Hamilton, MA

We went to the region 1 hybridzers meeting today & saw stuff that Joe Pye Weed was working on--they wish to get more non-fading colors.K with me.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Such excellent hybridizers.

pollyk, those are both beauties. Good choice. This year should be spectacular for my beardless. I lavished them with attention last summer. Sure hope it pays off.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Mittsy,

Those Schafer/ Sacks intros are just gorgeous every year. I try to get new ones each year to carry on the website. And they always multiply really fast.

Lebanon, OR

Keith, Mid America, International, Winterberry, JPW

D

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Whta are you getting from JPW, Dee?

Lebanon, OR

On Her Toes and At the Crossroads

D

South Hamilton, MA

Aitkens arrived yesterday. More snow today & overnight, so I still don't know how many spaces are available. Yes Dee, I am keeping an eye on your websight. There will be not big orders from anyone per usual. It is always a bit here & a bit there.

Santa Ynez, CA

well I have several blooming now, Pure as gold, Hookem Horns, Concertina, Juicy fruit to name a few....

Vandalia, IL

Would anyone know What is it called??? green and white stripe leaf with white flower iris..It was given to me,,havent found the name yet?? Dee

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I like those also, Dee. Good choices.

dee lilly Dee. I'm not sure what the iris is, can you give us more info? Does it look like a bearded iris, or like a Japanese? Common white striped leaved iris is iris pallida albo marginata, but it has a light purple flower. There are some other white streaked leafed bearded ones, but I don't know if any are white flowered. Dee might know.

In the beardless there is iris tectorum variegata. It comes in purple and white, but the white is very uncommon. There are also Japanese iris with white striped leaves, but the flowers are purple.

Can you google those and see if any look familiar?

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

d_lily,
Blue J Iris introduced one called Fanta Streaks in 2007. It is white bloom with varigated foliage.

Nana3

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Chances are, though, if she had it given to her, and it has bloomed, it's not a 2007 intro. Possible, I suppose, but I doubt it. I just looked at Fanta Streaks, very pretty!

Vandalia, IL

I have offically mastered the photo section,,so come spring i will be happy to send pictures..this iris is a old one,,I remember it from 10 years or older...the lady that had it let me dig her corners up that I got 5-7,,,, 5 gal buckets full,,of I dont know whats! Today I put sand on all of them,,they were heaving,,,and I I see growth eveywhere!!HEHEHEHE Once established,,Ill have lots to share and trade!! Dee ps Ill do the google thing and get back to you!

Vandalia, IL

well it does look like fanta streaks, but white,,short and very even verigation in colors..I remember how disappointed i was ,,I was hopeing to get this goregus burnt orange one,,,grabbed from the wrong pile..the next year,,she gave them all to me....good night all..tommorrow is monday,,,ummmmmm see ya Dee:(

comebychance, NL(Zone 5b)

i have to new bearded irises this year thay are
1...Hello Darkness
2...Cherry Blossom Song

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I planted a bunch of bearded this year from various sources. I had this long talk with the guy from Colorblends (got mini narcissi from there)and he sent me some of his TBs cause he was dividing (so nice), a friend gave me a purple historic that I will ID, I traded a few including more Stairway to Heaven from Theresa, and of course sibs and interspecies from my pollyk trade!!! :)) I have nothing coming till late summer this year. This is the second summer for a bunch I bought at AIS auction from JPW. They should bloom this year. Oh goodness, talking like this makes me YEARN!!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Well, I'd list mine, but I think with 30+ I'd need another cup of strong coffee to type them all...
So I'll name 2 from each of 3 places I placed an order...

Wild Iris Rows: In Reverse and Color Me Blue...
Snow Peak: Intrepid and Nut and Honey
Blue J Iris: Rose Princess and Parisian Dawn

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I was bored yesterday so I went to Sutton's webpage with the intention of making a small order but my 'puter froze up.
Short list...probably get longer when I can stay on w/o freezing up:
Pinkster..STD
Splat...Int.
Pokemon...STD
Gumby...STD
Mighty Mouse...MD
Little Blue Eyes...STD

I don't get the little ones to bloom often so I'm going to grow them in pots and store them for a month or two in the frig my hub's has in his shop to see if that will work for me.

Peggy

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

My iris budget this year belongs to Uncle Sam. I owe, I owe, so I have to say no!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Foreign Legion is a knock out.May have to add that to my list of irises I have no room for...LOL Cupids Arrow not bad either.

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

I know what you mean, bigred.....I'm wondereing "do we start a new bed or should I just try to squeeze them in somewhere?"!! I'm leaning toward the 'start a new bed'.....I saw some more Iris on Napa's website that are calling my name!!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I probably need to start a new bed. I have space in some beds but I don't think they'd get enough sun in those. Hate to start a new bed. I just eliminate one mixed border bed I didn't have time to do the up-keep on.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.