Happy Birthday, Critter!

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Morning, Jill.....

Happy, Happy Birthday to you - hope you have a wonderful day, and a wonderful year to come!

Warmest Wishes, Barb

PS: Here's Woodside Amethyst, our birthstone flower, for you! ;->

Thumbnail by DaylilyDiva219

Wow - if I had TRIED, I don't think I could have sent that post with all the 9s in the date/time stamp... Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket or something... LOL!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday, Jill. Wishing you, Happiness, Joy, Health, and Prosperity, and no weeds in your flower beds, just lovely flowers everywhere.

Chris

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Gratulerer med dagen, Jill - Becky

Crossville, TN

Happy Birthday Jilly, Baby....and to you too Daylilly!!! Jo

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Happiest of birthdays to both Critter and DaylilyDiva. Enjoy the day either in, or thinking aabout your gardens.
Jan

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Happy birthday, Critter! You're exactly a week younger than me. (cackle) Is it your birthday today too, Barb? I hope you're both having a wonderful day.

Thumbnail by hart
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Hoppy Birthday Jill!!!! Frogs are good luck so I am sending some your way. Judy

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Have a wonderful - wonderful bday, my friend!!!

Thumbnail by Chantell
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Happ Happy birthday!

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

"Hi, you got any extra cake?"

Thumbnail by sallyg
Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

Happy, Happy Birthday, Jill!

Here is hoping that you have had the best day! You are such a special person. Here's wishing you a garden full of joy!
LuAnne

Thumbnail by RatherBDigging

Wishing you a very happy birthday, Jill! Sending you a hibiscus bloom from my garden.

Thumbnail by Froggy3125
Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Happy birthday, Critter!! I hope your day was special. Many, many more!!!

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

I hope you both had a great birthday!
Mike

Thumbnail by claypa
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Jill,
Can't believe I missed it. I've been so busy at work the last few weeks and so tired when I get home, that I go for days without checking DG :-( Hope your b'day was fantastic. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow... terri

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thought I'd posted here, but I've been remiss... Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes and the photos! You make DG very special to me. I'm glad you're my neighbors!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Critter, Another belated greeting from an overworked DGer! May every day of this year be full of beautiful blooms, furry critters (except voles) and whatever else yoiur heart desires!

Thumbnail by stormyla
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thank you! I appreciate the lack of voles in your blessing of abundance, LOL. I hope you are winning against them!

I feel like I'm still celebrating... got to "play seeds" in preparation for today's swap, then had a wonderful afternoon with everybody. Came home with some lovely seeds and a couple of new plants, also! My arm was twisted (ouch!), and I treated myself to another jasmine... Chantell and Becky promised me it was "easy" to grow. It sure smells yummy!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Is that the white or the winter jasmine (the yellow?) I have the winter jasmine & it is plenty hardy here in PA. Just not blooming yet.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'd have to get up to check the tag... and I have a comfy kitty in my lap, LOL.

It has white blooms with long thin throats.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Ok, the one I have is Winter Jasmine which is yellow & when we went to Florida March of 2005, that stuff was blooming on fences, trees, etc all the way down rt 95 from Virginia to Florida. I bought mine in PA and it is up so hardy here. Can't wait til it blooms.
'

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

The one I got today isn't hardy... but the one I got from Brushwood last year is.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

OH, I missed it, Ric saw this last night when he was going thru the after swap threads. Happy, Happy to you Critter. We must all be on the Jasmine train. We stopped at DPF on the way out just to look no buying any thing new I just can't right now. But I did take down the info from this great Jasmine they had, it was a creamy yellow, large blossoms Jasmine De Madagascar (Stephanotis Floribunda). It's on my Wish List .

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OK, I've taken photos of all 3 of my jasmines and will post them when they're downloaded... Holly, I'm sure Chantell will tell me how to propagate them for you... The newest one in particular has some vigorous young shoots that I'll bet might even come away with a root already on them.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Gotta LOVE them jasmine...whewww-weeee!!! Talk about a GREAT wafting scent on that one, Jill. I took some macros of it and am going to post over on fragrants to see if someone can ID her for me. I'm still hopeless at rooting hardwood cuttings but jasmines pretty much do it for you. Get a few cuttings - long enough to be able to snip off 3-4 sets of leaves on the bottom 1/3 of cuttings - dip in rooting hormone - then put in soil - some place toasty - w/a baggie (w/some vent holes) over top. Mist the soil with a sprayer every now and they and whaaa laaaa!!! Plant-a-ronis

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I think I can do that... :-)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I had no doubt with your mad plant skills!!

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Late Happy Birthday, Jill! We just got back and I see that, not only did I miss the seed swap, I missed your birthday, too! Looks like a fine time was had by all and hope your birthday was happy, too. We had a great family weekend at Deep Creek but I did miss seeing everybody. Just don't think it is going to happen this year!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Nutmegnana, You were missed, I was looking for you, even Ric asked where you were. Of course Great Family Weekends are the best things, with memories to last a lifetime. I wouldn't pass one up for anything.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Nutmeg! I missed you, but I knew you were having a great time with your family. Put Holly's swap date on your calendar! :-)

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

So what did ya get for your B-day? Mine is coming up April 20 & I want to go to the Shady Maple for supper (I get mine free), maybe stop in at Black Creek & Mrs Martins Nurseries and then that Fish place before we go home.

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

I'd love to make Holly's swap but that is the day before we leave for London so I think it is pretty doubtful. We'll probably be knee-deep in trying to get the garden going so Andrew can stress about it while we are gone! Our calendar has something going on every weekend in May and, mostly, we're out of town so it just isn't a good month for me to try to add something else. I'll see what it looks like as the time gets closer but I'm thinking it isn't likely to happen.

Would really love to be there, though.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh gosh, I'd forgotten when you were leaving on that trip! Well, there's always the road trip we've been tossing around for the end of June... :-)

Somebody should go to the "Party Time!" thread with an idea for March!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Ouch -- I'm so sorry I missed this thread! Happy happy birthday, Jill!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

:-)

Missed? I'm still celebrating... that's right, isn't it?

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Just so -- you get to celebrate until next year, about this time.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I knew I liked you. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.