Latest report on MQIQ77

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, I am pretty sure that the thought of getting home to hold and kiss the beautiful Heyleigh Grace will be all Mike needs to get his butt up and outta bed! Feel better fast Mike!

chris

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

beautiful great granddaughter.
Elaine

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

sorry for the delay,we had 8 inches of snow and the power has been off and on, mostly off.
went to check on Mike last night and got him to walk about 50 feet to the nurses station and back to his room, they say he slept about 4 hours after that, most he's slept in 3 days.
He is definetly feeling better very coherent now and flirting with the nurses.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Sound like he is on the mend - great news.

That's great. He'll be home lovin that new GDB before long now. :) Tell him to mind those docs and get well soon. :)

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

so glad he is walking and flirting..lol
Elaine

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike is SO MUCH better today he's been walking more and eating better
the baby went home from the hospital Monday, all is good

So glad to hear the great report. :)
~Susan

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

I know I shouldn't do this but what the hey, won't be the first time I was bad
everybody send Mike a get well card to the hospital

Mike Quinn
Rm.4123
Athens Regional hospital
1199 Prince Ave
Athens Ga.30606

just remember you didn't get this from me LOL

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

That is great news! I know some of the nurses up there! lol
Give him a hug and congrats on the addition to the family! She is precious, should we get her a UGA outfit? ;)

Susan

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

So glad to hear Mike (and baby) are doing well! ^_^

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Wonderful news!!! Yodeling, flirting with nurses.....what's next???
What a beautiful baby btw. What proud parents.grand-parents and great-grandpar. you must be.
Keep it up Mike. Glad to hear he managed to sleep few hours. Take care
Tulip

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

Susan you should know she had the whole outfit long before she was born

Yeay!!!!! I know she will be raised right then! :) A little chearleader in training.
How is Mike doing today? Will he be going home soon?

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

As a matter of fact we found out this morning that Mike is coming home Monday.
He will have a nurse come to the house every day to check on him.
I'm not sure How Barbara is going to be able to take care of him but we'll get by.

Correction: the doctor has not decided definetly to send him home Monday but it's a maybe

This message was edited Mar 7, 2009 3:53 PM

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

here's grandpa and the GGD Hayleigh

Thumbnail by fremar

Fremar, I hope Mike will be able to come home on Monday. Since he's not sure when he'll be sprung, I'll just continue sending his cards to the house. :) Bet he can't wait to get there and get some of that baby lovin. LOL He continues to be in my thoughts and prayers.
~Susan from waay down south! LOL

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike's coming home,he's in good spirits and is very mobile now.
I've been to his house and either hidden or locked away all his tools
so he can't be tempted to get out and over do anything. I'll go in the next several weeks
and till and get the garden ready, then my son Michael will go over two or three
times a week and take care of it for him.
It's funny how Michael will go and work in the garden with Mike and do all sorts of stuff
but I can't get him to work in my garden even if I pay him

Now isn't that just the way of it! LOL

Woohoo Mike! So glad you're coming home!
~Susan

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

So glad Mike is coming home.. and such a good neighbor/friend nearby. Give that (other Michael a hug from me)

Elaine

That is great news! I feel for you though, trying to keep a gardener out of the yard is..... going to be tough! ;) I have a helper named Michael too ( my son) and he will work for candy or pizza lol!
I love the pic of grandpa and his lil' angel! It's good to know that she is a little UGA cheerleader in training. I know she will be raised right! ;)

Susan from the north GA

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Been praying for Mike and his wife both. They both such sweeties. get choked up thinking about Mike.

fremar, just wante d to say thank you very much for havign kept things updated on Mike.

Mike was runnign heavy on my mind the other day, cuz the pice of Peony he gave me a year ago has put up leave s and has a tiny bloom on it already.

If ya don't mind tell Mike , Star/Ella sendign prayers for him and his wife and that my Peony is growing strong and trying to bloom just like hopefully this sugery wil give him the stregnth to bloom and come back to us even stronger.

Oh my goodness.

Just saw the pic.

God Blees you and your family Mike!

BB

Hi Mike ... don't know if you're up to lurking or not ... but you're still in my thoughts and prayrs. Hope you're healing and getting some baby lovin. :) If you get a chance, get some of that neck sugar for me, please? I know you're a man ... but hey, you're a grt GrandDad, so you should like neck suga, too, like us ladies. LOL ^_^
~Susan

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

Ya'll can all tell Mike hello,I know he's lurking Barb told me he had been on here,and he is being stubborn she had to drag him out of the garden already.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Mike.. shame on you............. I knwo ya itchign to get yoru hands back in that soil and play with yoru babies, btu ya gott arest adn heal first so ya cna spend time later and many more years workign and planting.

I knwo it hard. Instea d of tryign to play in soil, post on here and teach us somethinsg abotu gardening. We all can always learn new tricks from a good gardenr likeyou.

Hugs and Prayer to you and Misses!

Ella

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hello Mike,
Welcome back home, young guy! Hope you're feeling better and better everyday.
Love to see your posts again......that would be allowed, right?
See you at BB's RU in April.
Love, Coby

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

To All the Ga. fourm, I love you!! Mike
Thank all you so much for being there, and all those beautiful cards, that the nurses all enjoyed so much, and drew quite an influence on, in the gardening sence.
I had a very good Dr., and the nurses are the most decicated, professional people I can think of.My humble thanks goes out to them.
I have missed being on the complete fourm for all this time, and some things I monitor, and once in a while I will post, but that is hard both keeping my mind together, and streight.Its true that friends are the ones who are there for you when you are not.
I do so look foward to seeing every one this april.There are some of you that I haven't met, but we'll take care of that at the RU.
Mike

Sorry for those of you who had to run me down.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Good morning Mike,
Take it slow, ONE step at the time!!!! Don't worry too much, give your body and mind time to heal. See you soon. How's Haileigh doing?
Coby

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Great to hear from ya Mike.

Yep, just take it one step at a time. I know ya yougn in heart liek we all our , but gott admit it our bodie sare gettign older and we just gotta stop and smell the flowers sometiems instead of growign them for a little bit. This yoru chance to sit and sniff and just enjot the beauty aroudn ya and the awakenign of spring. : )

If it wasn't rainign so hard out woud ya show ya what the Peony ya send me is doing. I think I saw three buds on it already. : )

I'm so glad Ella.I hope it does its best for you.Remember, it is over 75 years old.
Mike

Coby, I hope to see everybody at the swap
I tried rooting some peanutbutter twiggs for every body, but have not been able to keep up.Hopefully some will take, and I'll do some more later.
Mike

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike I'll be over later this week and you can supervise me, together we can root some peanut butter twigs, you be the brains and I'll be the brawn.
Besides I still wanna get in that shade house and see what you got in there.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Mike, Don't worry, I am very protective of that baby. With the raisn and the warm temps it been puttign out more leaves and buds and it gettign quiet huge.

LOL Femar. Mike will be havign to check yoru pockets when ya leave. hehehehehe

Mike. Them Peanut Bushes wil be there fo rmany years to come. We more intereste d in you gettign better. Later whn they get ready if ya want a bunch of roote d mum cuttigns wil send them on to ya. Wil be a coupel of months yet before they are ready. Thes earen't the ones ya see in the box store s thes eare the fancy and decorative ones.

Take Care!!!!!!!!!!

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

you have NO idea starlight, Mike is beyond a doubt the best I've ever seen with rooting cuttings. It's amazing the things he can grow, but Mike has such a big heart usually all i need to do is ask and he will share.
I wish I could keep plants alive, I do still have the Gardenia that Mike gave Lynda and I for our 10th anniversary

Just checking on ya Mike and still sending prayers.
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Mike,, you better take it slow and easy now,, you hear?? I know you are just itching to get those fingers in the dirt again. but it will still be there....
hugs,
Elaine

Thanks Elaine, your so wright, but better sence wins out.My friend who had this about 5 Yrs. ago broke a wire sweeping the back porch.I was going to use the fork in the compost.Boy did I get a message!!!
Mike

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Aggggggggggggggg Mike. You better not!!!!!!!!!!! You wil have anightmare and be even longer away form garden if ya don't take it easy.

That one thing about dirt, it everywhere ya look. I just have never figured out how to keep it out from between my toes. I wear socks and lace dup shoes and come in at night and take the shoes off and socks and alays stilhave dirty toes.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike, don't worry about peanutbush. It will come next season then. You can show how to make rootings!!!
How are you feeling btw?
Coby

Coby, its not that I didn't root any, its because I have not been there to tend them.Some are rooted, but I don't know how many, and of coarse some dried up from nelect.Every time I have started something in the past three years, something always happens, and I lose something.
Mike

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.