Latest report on MQIQ77

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

The cath didn't go so well today, Mike has 4 arteries clogged between 60 and 80% they can't do the surgery for a week because of the meds he's taking. He has quadruple bypass scheduled for next Tuesday, they're going to leave the pacemaker because he still has the irregular heartbeat, I don't know if he'll be online between now and tuesday, he was pretty bummed out when I last saw him at the hospital, they were still running a few test to get ready for next week and we went to get firewood in the house and straighten out a few things so he wouldn't have to worry about it when he got home.
The doctors were pretty optimistic they said the success rate for this surgery is above 95% so we're praying for Mike, Best thing is he's at the best coronary unit in this part of the state and they are top notch.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the update. Tell him thoughts and prayers for him from Lagrange.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Sending Big Prayers. Would you tell him that Chantell found a source for the 'Skinners Banana Shrub'? That may cheer him up.
Vi

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

I'll make sure he knows GRC. Mike has had friends from all over, he served in the military and speaks about friends from there often and he speaks about friends from the job he just retired from but I think he considers his friends that he has met here the closest of all, maybe because you all share so many common interest. Mike wont be online for the next few weeks but I intend to talk to him everyday, he is determined to be well enough to make it to the round-up @ B-boys this year, I told him that if I had to I'd rent an ambulance and take him myself red lights a flashing and all. Don't worry about Mike he has his DW and 2 daughters not to mention a granddaughter that are going to be taking good care of him,well at least til the granddaughter delivers his great granddaughter sometime the first of March.

Chantell I will tell him tomorrow I'm sure he will be glad to hear that

This message was edited Feb 17, 2009 7:36 PM

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

fremar, this is Vi from his first RU, not sure if he knows Chantell. I will post the link here for you to keep since he won't be here for awhile, K? He had just dmailed me about finding the Skinners, so here's the link http://www.almostedenplants.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=646

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Tell him to get well.

Is there an address we can send cards and well wishes to?

BB

Any updates on Mike? Please let him know I'm asking about him and he's being missed!
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

Oh, my! Poor Mike, he's had a round of it this last year or so. He is to be kept in my prayers.

Hi Mike ...
Saw you posted on another forum. Just wanted you to know you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. :)

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Fremar, hope you are reading this. Tell Mike I'm thinking of him too!!!! Sent him D-mail but realise he will not be reading this. Tell him Tuliplady says hi. And take care.
Best wishes to all of you.
Coby

Mike, I'm Saying extra special prayers for you tonight. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

Fremar,
Any word on Mike yet? Sending prayers ...

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

OK I've let you guys down!
I couldn't get on here yesterday but the surgery has been cancelled yet again.
It seems that yesterday his cardiologist called and they've found an aneurism in his heart and want to postpone surgery.
And to top that one his grand-daughter has gone into false labor and is bedridden until she delivers.
But on a good note Jesus loves us and we are all still living and semi-sane......... sooooo. look here4 tomorrow for any updates.

Oh goodness ... ! Please tell him that I'm thinking about him and am sending thoughts and prayers to him and to his DGD. And thank you for keeping us up to date. I've had some computer issues lately, too. They can sure be a pain some time.

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

OK surgery back on for Wednesday 6 a.m. They're going to try and fix the aneurysm when they're in there, however this does make surgery more complicated.
I'll try and get to a computer ASAP tomorrow and let you all know how it goes

I'll be here, praying and waiting for a good report. :-) Please tell him I'll be thinking about him.
~Susan

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Hang in there Mike!

BB

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike went in for surgery at 8:30 am today, only doing the bypass, they are afraid to do both procedures at one time so I guess they'll put a zipper in so they can get in easier the next time....LOL. As of noon no news... so , no news is good news I hope.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Fremar,
One thing at the time, maybe a good thing, yes! Tell Mike I'm thinking of him. I hope he recovers soon. Take care.
Coby

Just checking in to let you know I'm thinking about Mike. Please let us know when you have anymore updates. Give him my best, and let him know I'm praying for a quick recovery.
~Susan

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike came out of surgery somewhere around 4 pm. not concious yet but doctors are optimistic.still some bleeding they've given 2 pints as of 6 pm.
I'll post again tomorrow around noon EST

Thanks for the update. :)

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

Sorry to be so late getting this but Mike is also a great grandpa as of 5:45 this afternoon after 7 hours of labor Miss Hayleigh Grace Martin came into this world.
I actually talked to Mike this afternoon, still in A LOT of pain, but he is a real trooper and I had no doubt it would go well, still lots of swelling and he is still heavily sedated but he tried to talk some today.
Keep praying for him and for Barbara and I'll keep typing everyday, Doctor said today the first 24 hours were critical and it would get better after that, after tonight I think he will be a lot stronger

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Congrats on birth of Miss Hayleigh .. what a beautiful name!!! Hope Mom is doing well?
Thanks for updating so often Fremar, hope Mike will be feeling better tomorrow. Keep us posted and.... tell him DG is kinda "empty" without him.

Woohoo on both counts!! Yes, fremar thanks so much for keeping this thread updated. I'm sending prayers to both of them, and to the proud Papa also! ^_^
~Susan

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Good news all around. Nothing like being a grandpa.

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

I saw Mike for about half an hour this evening, they forgot to start him back on his Paxal and he was in rare form.But rest assured Mike is recovering and doing VERY well, he's coherent and speaking pretty clearly now, he's not eating very well yet but both doctors were in while I was there and both were extremely positive, Mike is already to get up and move around but they wont let him yet. He's still in ICU for a couple of days but hope to be on the floor next week.
Oh yeah the baby girl is fine, mom as well .

Great news. Give him a hello for me next time you talk to him and let him know he's being thought and prayed for. Tell him we miss him!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Fermar, when you see Mike next time, please tell him I'm thinking of him and he's in my prayers. I'm just reading this thread and I was anixous to read all the way through to find good news about him and the grandbaby. ,,,Deborah from Cordele ♥

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Good news. Way to go Mike!!! All the best to him Fremar.
Coby

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Glad to hear the double good news!

chris

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

Maybe someone here can shed some light on this I'm tottaly lost now. Mike has barely slept for 3 days , he has no appetite, and he is very disoriented today.
The doctors have alluded today to a stroke he had about 3 years ago and the meds he was taking then and a possible reaction with the meds they have given him.
He still hasn't regained bodily functions and doesn't seem to recognize anyone, however he did ask about his grandson today by name ( I'm taking that as a good sign).
I'm trying to be positive and not worry so much but it's like he reached a plateau and has dropped back off a little bit, I'm still not sure about the speech problem yet I kind of thought it would be better.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hope he is doing well. :)

Susan

Fremar, is Mike still in ICU? I'm still praying that each day he will be stronger than the day before. Hopefully this is just due to some of the drugs he's taking right now. I imagine he's on some pretty powerful ones ... and if you want to sleep, a hospital is certainly no place to get any! LOL I'm continuing to pray for him.
~Susan

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

My wife left early this morning and has good news they resumed all his original meds and according to her they're moving him onto the regular cardio floor hoping he can get some sleep there.
Lynda said he was singing to the nurses this morning and joking with the doctors, he was even yodeling so maybe this means he's coming around now.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Fremar, that depends. Was yodeling his usual thing??? or.... has he NEVER done this before??? It sounds he's getting better. I remember last April when my father suddenly got sich here in Atl. and needed imediate pacemaker, they found out later that he'd also suffered a minor stroke. It took him 4 days to wake up and was very confused for about another 4 days although he knew his own name and my mom and me. But he did not recognize my DH of 19 years. The sil he adores!!! that was very said. The docs then said that it happens frequently, the older the person is the less they can predict how meds work on them!
Keep him yodeling! Let's hope he can sleep now that he's on normal floor. Actually I remember my father didn't sleep either for about 5 days - he was exhausted. You'd think they try their utmost to make patients sleep and get better.
Take care and give my regards. Coby/Tuliplady

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh my, I am so sorry to hear about Mike. Praying very hard for him and his dear wife and family.
thanks for the info.
Elaine

Wow ... things sound like they're looking up for Mike. :) yodeling? Hmm, I can't even do that! grin Tell him I'm still praying for him every day. So glad he's going to be moved and will be getting some rest now. :-)

I've been praying for that Mama and new baby too! I hope they're both getting along good, too.

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

coby ; yes Mike is pretty good yodeler, he actually has a very good voice he sings in the choir at church.
Mike sounds much better this morning, he's on the phone right now with his grandson Mike. We got 8 inches of snow yesterday and are waiting for the roads to clear so we can get to the hospital.
He still isn't sleeping except short naps but they have him in a room with a window so he can see outside and hopefully this will help with the confusion about time.
Vi I told him about the banana shrubs and he remembers that so he is doing better, he's still missing big blocks of memory right now but it seems to be getting better every day.

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

here's the picture of Mike's Great granddaughter
born 2/26/09
Heyleigh Grace Martin
5 lbs. 15 oz.
19 3/4 long

Thumbnail by fremar

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.