Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes

Longwood, FL(Zone 9b)

I know this thread is pretty old, but it got my attention because I have bought Melissa's Baby Dutch Yellow potatoes from Aldi and enjoy them. The last bag I cooked and ate most of the bag but reserved about 12 and left them out in my sunny kitchen. They are just starting to sprout. I have never grown potatoes before and I want to try to grow in containers. Now that I am learning about growing potatoes I have learned that there are two types: Determinate vs Indeterminate. The indeterminate are the ones that need hilling. I am thinking that my experiment in growing these potatoes will need to be broken into two experiments: one assuming the potatoes are Determinate, one assuming Indeterminate.

These potatoes are round with brilliant yellow skin and velvety yellow tissue. DYPsŪ have a rich surface with a combination of rich and nutty flavors and the ideal measure of dullness. Normally impervious to greening and growing, they're helpful to utilize and have an incredible time span of usability.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.