What's in Bloom Today - Part 4

Buffalo, NY

and here's the Ruby Meyer :)

Thumbnail by Planter56
Mobile, AL

Whoops!

Planter! That is the second Ruby Meyer that I have seen posted in the last day or two. Fortunate for you, YOU have what I believe to be Bogota which is a lot harder to find in the USA.

MAN! If I had only known... I purchased my Bogota from Royal Colors, and it took awhile to get here. That's okay, though. My first Bogota scape has 6 blooms that are all fully opened now, and it is so HANDSOME.

Ruby Meyer is a much daintier (smaller) bloom and has a light colored midrib.

Your Charisma is definitely Charisma.

Please don't feel bad. I think you did great getting a mislabel which turned out to be Bogota. I wanted a Bogota for a long time before I finally got it.

Cheers!

Ann

Buffalo, NY

Hey HSTeacher :) Thanks for letting me know about my Cybister. I got it from the Amaryllis company. Unfortunately the other bulb isn't doing so well. I wrote them to see if they'll replace it. :) The Charisma has 3 stalks coming so it will be a long blooming :)

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I have both books Boojum. I like them both - they are very different from each other. I'd say Read's book is much more detailed - I'd recommend it to anyone growing Amaryllis!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Thanks, kniphofia. I thought that Read's book had more info!

Toronto, ON(Zone 5b)

Hello,

This is my first time buying/raising amaryllis and my first time on this forum.

Mont Blanc, my second bloom. The first was Apple Blossom but I did not get a picture of the bloom =/...although I did get a shot of the seed pods (left from the mont blanc)

Eliz

Thumbnail by evr

Exotic star!

Thumbnail by
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

welcome Evr. I have never tried to grow them from seeds. I should, but then I would be in more Hippeastrum trouble then I already am.

Rene, My exotic star is about to open too. Hope it blooms as well as yours. Loved it last year when it bloomed the 2nd week in Feb. Patti

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

ooo000000 so pretty all.

Elaine

Don't know the name of this beauty,, lost the tag. Any ideas?

Thumbnail by

Grand Cru, smaller than I expected!!

Thumbnail by
Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

Rene10, if anyone ID's that pink striped double I have to get one.

Ewing, VA

First Jungle Star flower to open this season...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

And it's relatives are flowering too....

Exotic Star and Giraffe

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

And soon, one of it's possible relatives are flowering too...

Striped Panthers are putting out their scapes.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Mom,,, isn't that double record??
Have to download mine.

Elaine

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Here is my double record. Mine is more pale (less sun)

Thumbnail by EFGeorgia1

No, don't think so Elaine.

Look at my bouquet!!! Just afew of many opening!!

Thumbnail by
Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Rene, very pretty!
I was wondering if we have same type of bulbs.

Thumbnail by Sunshinesw

Don't know for sure, they look somewhat alike. I have had these for a long time.

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

This is an unknown that I think might be Grandeur although it doesn't have any leaves at the moment which Veronica Reid mentions.

Thumbnail by kniphofia
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

mariava7, You have all of my favorites in bloom now except 'Chico'.

Ren10, that pink one is stunning. I don't know that I have seen it before. Hope someone has the name.

Here is my new kid today. It is suppose to be 'Red Peacock' I am reserving judgement. Nice deep color, more orange than scarlet at the moment. I PERHAPS, can see some white on the tips. From Blooming Bulb coop 7.38 this fall.

Quoting:
Red Peacock does. Its double scarlet flowers sizzle - anywhere, anytime. Blossoms are big, shockingly bright, and have a thin white stripe down the center of each petal

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

My Starr Ockenga version has very few white stripes on the petals. Still the shape is right. You'll hafta wait for more buds to open, I'd say.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Boojum. Patience you say. I will try. Not one of my strengths. Here is most of the gang today. I have to go look up 'Starr Ockenga' How much snow did you get today? Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

Wow, Patti. Nice!
Hard to say how many inches cause it's drifting a lot. Time for me to go out and clean the car and remove snow since it finally stopped snowing. Here's my mystery pink (Pink Star?) reblooming. Sigh. The very last one this year. Although I have summer bloomers too.

Thumbnail by boojum
Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Welllll, I want one of all of the above.

Elaine

Ewing, VA

It's amazing how certain varieties (possibly related ones) have almost the same time schedule. The Chicos won't be blooming soon. They have a different time schedule.here in my growing conditions and are still "snoring" (inside the house) with no signs or growth. Once the weather warms up, they'll wake up.

Waking up at the same time with the above varieties are Bogota, Rembrandt Van Rijn and Residence.

Here's Bogota. I'll post pics of RVR and Residence once the flowers open.

Thumbnail by mariava7

Love that!

Ewing, VA

Oooopsss.....

Wrong pic! That's Sweet Lillian!

Here's Bogota. Sorry! Too many pics to choose from.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Then a newly purchased La Paz .

Thumbnail by mariava7

Both great! But I died and went to heaven over Sweet Lilian so of course I was drooling all over again. Love that midline on Bogota.

Ewing, VA

My older La Paz, purchased in 2006-2007 season. These two are definitely from two different clones.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Hi Boojum! Yes Bogota is beeeeaaaauuutiiiifulll!!!

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

I might as well post pics as much as I can now that I have time.

Another beauty...

Exotica

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

A little cutie...

Santa Cruz

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

A newly purchased Magic Green.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

My first Magic Green (I) was a lot prettier. It got sick last season.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

And "photogenic" Sumatra...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

a performer...

Thumbnail by mariava7

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.