Who & where is your favorite eatery & their speciality

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I saw this discussed on the Florida forum and decided to start a thread here for us mid-atlantic people. As most of you who know me well, I love to eat. Well, I'll start in Carlisle, Pa, my hometown and my absolute Fave place is the Great Wall Chinese Buffet: For $ 9.99, you get as much as you want: Steamed crab legs, Bourbon Chicken, BBQ Pork Spare Ribs, Salmon, Mushrooms in hoisin sauce, garlicky buttered shrimp, steamed shrimp, Spring Rolls, Fried Rice, White Rice, Lo Mein, steamed mussels, Shrimp stuffed with sausage & cheese, Crab mixed with melted cheese, Green beans, Crab rangoon, Buttered baby corn, Egg drop soup, Won Ton Soup, and there is so much more, I can't remember it all. A pot of Chinese tea comes with it & we also get water with lemon in it. For desserts, they have bananas in strawberry sauce, little cakes, donuts, pudding, waldorf salad, sugar coated nuts, vanilla or chocolate frozen custard and many more. Of course, my husband & I are seniors and they knock $ 1.00 off the price of each meal. We eat there every other Saturday. The Saturday we are not eating there, we go to Bonanza. Who's next????????

This message was edited Feb 4, 2009 4:39 PM

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

There is a great American restaurant near us who's speciality is prime rib. It's called the Happy Apple and it's located in Imlaystown, NJ.
http://www.happyappleinn.com/history.html
I have never had a bad meal there.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

There's a great little Italian place called Panne e Vino (or however you spell "Bread & Wine" in Italian), located just past the McD's as you head off I-70 into Mt. Airy. Homemade pasta, and perfectly cooked seafood!

Our favorite local restaurant these days seems to be Chef Lin, a Chinese buffet rather similar to the one that Button described above. That's where we're having our "Think Spring!" gathering.

We're also very pleased with the local Longhorn steakhouse. Yes, it's a chain -- but the Frederick location is also their test kitchen, so the food is exceptionally good, and occasionally they experiment with something new on the menu.

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

I think Bonefish Grill is my fav right now. Been there several times and haven't been disappointed yet. Also love Clay Oven on Rt 40 Golden Mile when I crave Indian food.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, Bonefish Grill is fabulous! A bit higher in price, so it's a "special occasion" restaurant for us... I think we need to have more special occasions, LOL.

LMK any time you want to go for lunch or an early Thursday dinner at Clay Oven! Yum!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Local steak house - Daks

Since we go out pretty much every Fri & Sat nite we tend to hit the chains & whatever we are craving is the favorite of the day ^_^

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

A great little Italian restaurant in Falls Church is Italian Cafe on Rt. 29 (Lee Highway). Great fish, pasta, and veal at reasonable prices. We go there almost every Friday night. Family owned, great staff, too.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Texas Roadhouse is also a chain but we love the Pasadena MD one that we've been to. Steaks, ribs, burgers. An unusual but really good side is baked sweet potato with cinnamon butter.

Adams Ribs in Severna Park is awesome!! Not a huge place but big enough and they do know what they're doing! Used to be another location just south of Annapolis, may still be there. Ribs is da specialty of course.

We have two great Mexican places, Los Portales on Dorsey Road, and Plaza Garibaldi across from Marley Station Mall. Same owner and menu, both pretty big, good and popular. We usually get one of the dinner combos, like tostada+chili relleno+beans, for under 10 bucks.

An awesome Thai place corner of Ritchie Highway and Jumper's Hole Road, Bangkok something- LOL- we don't get to have Thai often

Sakura Japanese steakhouse is righteously popular here, a couple of locations.

I have never had Indian food!

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

El Rodeo in York and Harrisburg!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

A consistantly good upscale restaurant in King of Prussia/ Valley Forge: http://www.creedskop.com/index.htm

For chains, I like the family style Italian dinners at Maggianos. Lot's of leftovers to take home. Every one that I've been to has been good, but not as good as the original on Clark St. in Chicago: http://www.maggianos.com/locations/

A very interesting assortment of fresh ingredient pizzas, soups, sandwiches and reasonably priced delicious entrees can be found at Paradise Pizza: http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3720354878?flash=reviewed_welcome

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.