March RoundUp plants

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Thought I would start a thread in case anyone has plants, seeds, etc. to bring to the RoundUp. It's pretty early in the year, I know, but some people might have things they want to trade or give away.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Someone sent me some daylilly seed. I've decided that I don't like them enough to spend the water on them. Just let me know if anyone wants some. I'll check and see what else I have too many of or just don't want.
Good idea on starting this swapping thread for our mini RU!
WIB!
SW

Perris, CA(Zone 9a)

I have a few Allium senescens 'Blue Twister' that I put in one gallon pots when I was dividing my Ornamental Allium. I was hoping to have more scabiosa columbarie (sp?) "Butterfly Blue". However the weather didn't work out this winter. I started some salvia annuals indoors and I think that maybe one or two of them will be ready in March. I may have some Native California Wildflower Plant Annuals seed left over from my fall planting. I was planning on keeping them until next year but if anyone wants to know the species of the seeds, I would be happy to give the species and maybe some of the seed mixtures. They come in two schemes....one shady mix and the other Theodore Payne Centennial Mix.

I can hardly wait until next month.

Thanks,

Chuck

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Chuck,
Can I put in a dibs on one of your Blue Twisters (Allium senescens)? Sorry about your Scabiosa. Let me check the seeds I got in the piggy swap. I rec'd (thanks to all those who shared! ^_^) a variety of Scabiosa Seed. I'm having the same problem with the seeds I've attempted to start in this heat. Can only hope that this rain will fool 'em into sprouting anyway.
I'm really looking forward to the RU next month too!
WIB,
SW

Perris, CA(Zone 9a)

SingingWolf,

I will definitely bring one of the allium for you. If anyone else wants any of the blue allium I have three more available. I also have four of the oldfashioned pink geraniums that have travelled from the Ozarks to Southern California (circa 1954). I will be able to bring four of the blue annual salvia also. If anyone wants any of these plants, please let me know. Otherwise, I won't carry them to the RU.

It is almost March!!!

Take care,

Chuck

Chuck, I would love an Allium as well.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Pink geraniums? Pretty please! All I ever get to grow are those red ones! Does any one want a red one that I'm going to rip out of the greenhouse? Still haven't had a chance to check extra's but haven't forgotten.
Mom should be settled in soon (Mom had a stroke on the 31st and busted 2 bones in her ankle) and I'll make the time.
Should have some "Mother of Thousands" if anyone is interested. Really pretty and attract the H.birds!
They are a succulent.
WIB,
SW

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

DH and I were out at the pond today and discovered that we have an overpopulation of water lily's. I have 15, youngsters who could use new homes. DH promised to get them out of the pond and help transport to the mini RU. I can't get to my photos, they are in a zipped file. Why did ES do that? Flowers are a very pretty pink in color. If you are interested please Dmail me, otherwise they get turned into chicken food.
WIB,
SW

We had a slight accident with my wonderful plant rack, so I will have a few epi cuttings available.

Also, I have a LOTS of water crystals I am not going to use. If anyone would like them for plants or neck ties, they will be available - take as much as you need/want.

And, I have one of those rocking garden seats I cannot use because of my bad back. They really are nice for healthy people.

La Mesa, CA

I'm wondering if any of you might be interested in having a turtle in your garden. If you are, contact SDTTS (San Diego Turtle and Tortoise Society) or go to sdturtle.org You can also let me know. I am fostering box turtles that need homes. anne

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Anne:
I live on a farm and love turtles, and tortoises. Have a pond and we are terrapin friendly. I'd be happy to take on a couple. I like them a lot because they eat snails. So do my chickens, but the snails aren't stupid enough to go in the chicken pen. LOL!
Are you going to the mini RU on the 14th?
Walk In Beauty!
SingingWolf

Mira Loma, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi! I'm new to this website. What is this "round up"? I was hoping it is a plant/seed/cutting swap in So.Cal. Thank you for your time!! Susan

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Susan, you have dmail.
WIB,
SW

It's a little early to have a lot to trade for some of us, but generally the RoundUp is a get-together with food, chat, and plant/seed/cutting sharing.

Here's the sign-up thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/917739/

We're calling this a mini-RoundUp because it is early. We will have a bigger one later this spring, and sometimes we'll get together in the fall.

Please join us. We love seeing new faces and it's a very nice group.

Kathleen

Mira Loma, CA(Zone 9a)

I have brugmansias for trade. I have cherub (pink), yellow, peach, variegated leaves with peach flower, and a yellow that Park Seed calls lemon twist. I can take cuttings and I have a few yellow rooted cuttings in a pot. Any other brug lovers coming to the Roundup? I also have fountain grass that is green with pink/purple colored plumes. Susan

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Aha! Susan, I looked them up, and they are Angels Trumpets! I'd love a brug. I have one with white flowers and would like to have a colorful one. What are you interested in besides brugs that I could give you in trade?
Let me know.
WIB,
SW

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Hi everyone. I'm just lurking around this thread and happened to mention it to hubby that it is in Oceanside. Never been to a RU so really don't know what it is all about. Since I am here less than a year I really don't have anything to trade, seeds or otherwise. Just getting acquainted with germinating my own seeds. I hear about RU's in other parts of the country, but think that is a little too far to go. Give me the scoop and maybe we can drive down that way, have a sister in Fallbrook I could visit too.

I just had my first brug bloom for me a double pink and it was so beautiful. Never heard of them before and now have a small love affair going on with them. The only one I have is called Berekonigin that I received from a gal in Lodi.

Pegi

Hi Pegi!

Don't worry about having anything to trade - we'll just enjoy your company. I'm also just starting with seed germination.

We're in Bonsall, which is between Fallbrook and O'side. I'll be sending directions out soon - just waiting for the list to get a little settled.

I will add your name to the list. There is also a food thread with a list of what everyone is bringing. Any little thing you can add to the mix will be great.

Kathleen

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Just saw this thread. deuh! I can bring Brugs cuttings, Datura seeds, Agapanthus is anyone interested, and other seeds I'll look in my stuff, will probably think of lots more when it's time! Oh, and pink rose scented pelargoniums if anyone interested too...

I would like a pink Pelargonium, Roberta!

Mira Loma, CA(Zone 9a)

I have some succulants if anyone wants them. I'm not sure of their names. I think one is tiger jaw/shark teeth something like that. I can bring them to the roundup if anyone is interested.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Kathleen, sounds good!
And I am interested in any and all succulents, lol!

I'm getting realy excited about the RU, my first. I'm a brug lover and would love it add some to my yard. I had a few cuttings, but some didn't make it and so sad. I'm interested in just about everything. I have a dwarf desert rose, succulent, my son gave me and when I was going to repot it I discovered I had many plants so will bring a few. My yard is a mess, but I'm slowing getting weeds pulled etc.

Today was my weekly trip to thrift store, one of my favorite things to do. Found a nice stand just perfect to set up seed germination. DH said it is just about the right size for my grow light.

See you soon, looking forward to meeting everyone.
Pegi

My yard is a mess, too, Pegi! Enough clear parts to relax in, but lots of weeds on the periphery. Brugs just don't click with me. When I first joined DG, they told me I'd be hooked soon, but it didn't happen. Guess I'm immune! OTOH, I do love Salvia and Plumeria and....

LOL!

Perris, CA(Zone 9a)

SingingWolf,

Thanks for the offer of the red geranium. I would like one, please.

Dear Robcorreia,

I would like one of the pelargoniums, too, please.

Both will fit into my yard just the way I want them to.

Thanks,

Chuck and Loida Bernard

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Kathleen, do you want another plummeria? I have a yellow and white one I will give you.

Pegi, I have a nice rooted 'Golden Lady' Brug if you would like it.

Donna

Donna, I would love a rooted "Golden Lady". Thanks!!

Pegi

When you can't sleep, you turn on the computer and to go DG. This time change takes a while for me to adjust.

Ooooh, yes, please, Donna! Thanks very much.

k

Mira Loma, CA(Zone 9a)

I have brugmansias to trade too....................Susan

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Does everyone here (or the majority) know how to propagate from cuttings? If so, there is a gaziliion different things I can bring! I just don't have much rooted, but can bring all sorts of fresh cuttings from all over the garden...

Oh, and anyone interested in Pygmy Date Palms? I have many seedlings!

One more I remembered: Solandra Maxima. Who wants cuttings?

Thumbnail by robcorreia

I try my best at trying to make everything grow, but I'm not too successful at it yet.
I just wish I had some to trade as it seems everyone has such wonderful plants. I love plumeria too, have a yellow one for sure, one I think is pink and one is a rainbow color. I've only had the yellow one bloom.

Pegi,

DO NOT worry about not having plant to trade or share with yet. We all started like you are now and progressed by receiving plants from others. One of these days you will be able to 'pay it forward' and feel good about it as we do.

Enjoy the day and the company of this RU and you will be back for sure.

Donna

Amen!

Thanks, I do feel better about it.

Pegi

Ok everyone, I know it's last minute but I worked in the garden today and tried to do a little organizing and digging up of some extra plants I have.

Here is what I have to share with anyone, I just want them gone, ok?

7 Rose Campion, will bloom this year http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/80/
7 seedlings of either Delphiniums or Larkspur (can't tell them apart yet)
2-3 African Milk Bush http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/129928/
1 Buddleia - butteryfly bush, violet ----Gone
few Cleodendrum ugandense seedlings http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1874/
2 plastic bags worth of a Yellow Bearded Iris , no name http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6244996
1 Goldfish plant http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55071/ ---gone
Donkey tail cuttings http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2543/
1 extra Plumeria, I think it's yellow and white (Kathleen, yours is separate) ---Gone
3 Brugs, rooted. They are either Golden Lady or Candida Double White (lost the tags) Pegi, yours is separate and marked.

Please let me know ASAP if you want any of these as I have to gather them up by 8:30 tomorrow morning.

Please give these guys a new home. :-)

Donna

This message was edited Mar 13, 2009 8:55 PM

Donna, I'll try the Cleodendrum ugandense seedlings. Perhaps they will grow under the pine trees.

See you tomorrow, sweet lady!

k

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Donna,
May I have one each of the Butterfly bush, the Plumeria, don't know what a goldfish plant is, but it sounds like it would be happy in the Green House, if no one has already spoken for any of the above.
I am bringing some succulents, and some seeds too, too tired to make a list! LOL!
Don't bother with it, if you have to work too hard! I think that there is another RU scheduled for later on.
See you tomorrow!
WIB,
SW

I have a Hylocereus (Dragon Fruit) - not sure what type - that I just do not have time to mess with. It's going to plant heaven, so if anyone wants a chunk of it, you are welcome. Very easy to grow.

Kathleen

I have you both down.

SW, they are already potted up and ready to go...no problem.

Donna

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Great and thank you very much! ^_^
WIB,
SW

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.