February Daily Weather Going for warm!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Hit a balmy 10º today.

That is one reason I never take over the counter medicines. First place it scares the he'' out of me when they run a commercial for one on TV. Don't take it if your pregnant or going to be, if you have a heart condition & it goes on & on.
I take one aspirin a day for heart health. That's it. If I get a cold, it's gone in 5 or 6 days, just like someone who chokes down a bunch of pills.

Bernie

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Cold medicine commercials have got to be the worst when it comes to false advertizing.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Kelli I've been there..... it's tough but in a few days you'll feel better....a few weeks back to normal.
It's easy to get hooked on it.... and like you I finally just thru it away.

Well we got POUNDED again.
No ice this time though.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...winter storm warning remains in effect until 10 pm est this
evening...

periods of moderate to heavy snow will continue into early evening along
a narrow axis from wayne county indiana down into hamilton county
ohio. additional accumulations of 1 to 2 inches will be possible.
this will result in storm total accumulations as high as 6 to 8
inches. in addition...gusty northwest winds will develop through
this evening and this will result in areas of blowing and drifting
snow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this notice first at 6 AM.... and I could see it on the radar.
Hopped off to work to beat it.... by Noon it still hadn't gotten here.

Here we are at 1:30PM

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

2:30

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

By 3:30 we left and started home.
I made it to the HWY and it was a crawl.
2" of snow on the road and building.
I finally bailed out an Exit early and took a surface street.
We I got home at 4:30 there was 4" of snow on the roads...
Looks like about 7-8" out there now and the winds are picking up.
18° (Wind Chill 6°) Winds NW at 11 MPH........

Should be fun in the morning..... NOT! LOL!

Here's a little something to brighten your day.
Our Hibiscus started blooming.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Mau – Glad you DD and property weren’t harmed by the ice storm. Stay safe.
Kiska – I’ve been reading about Mt. Redoubt. Really hoping it’s not going to erupt. When are you supposed to go on your trip?
Kelli – I’m glad you are feeling better. Termites? I feel for you. Termites and mold are our biggest issues here. Nice picture - a mix of citrus, palms and snow!
Ric – I know you don’t like it, but your wintery pics are pretty! Gorgeous Hib!

39.0 °F
Clear
Windchill: 36 °F
Humidity: 35%
Dew Point: 16 °F
Wind: 9.9 mphfrom the WSW
Wind Gust: 14.1 mph
Pressure: 30.15 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Freeze warning in effect until 9 am EST this morning...
Wind Chill Advisory in effect until 9 am EST this morning...
Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 8 am this morning to 6 PM EST this afternoon...
Hard freeze warning in effect from 10 PM this evening to 10 am EST Thursday...
Hard freeze watch in effect from Thursday evening through Friday morning...

Well alrighty then :)

Today
Sunny...becoming windy...colder. High 43. Northwest winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Wind chills 14 to 19 in the morning.

We could get as low as the teens tonight. Jeff said this hurt a little LOL! That's what he gets for teasing the baby. We had a raccoon trying to get in through the pet door this morning. We block it off at night. It looked at me like "hello it's cold out here - lemme in"! LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

We are currently at 31.5* - getting colder Brrrr!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin'! I am hopelessly behind. We got some snow yesterday & the day before, but nothing like what Ric, Se_eds, & E_B has had. But it's Snow! :D We are at 12° right now with a wind chill of -1°, but the birds are singing away! :D
At Dublin...
Temp: 16°F
Feels like: 4°F
Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 9°
Humidity: 70%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 10 mph W
Sunrise: 7:24 AM
Sunset: 5:50 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

I'll need to go do some major reading! But I Did look at a few of the pics! :D
Sharon!!! LOL!!! An obvious Steelers Fan! :D
E_B, Love your 'solitude' pics!
Ric, Your parking lot at work looks rather bleak. I remember days like those!
Kelli, Gorgeous Contrast! Wow!
Kiska, Hope the eruption 'cools' so you can go for your visit.

We had quarter-sized flakes! :D

Thumbnail by music2keep
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

LOL! My garden fairy is mad at me for leaving her outside! ;)

Thumbnail by music2keep
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

In the 20s this morning but is supposed to get above freezing, close to 40. It is sunny out and no gusty winds.....so far. lol

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Wow, such great pics everyone !
Kelly, the hand lemon is amasing! I also had this spray nasal addiction , several times and th efirst day without it was hard, like yours. I used to put a few water drops in the bottle and spray with it , at least it worked for a while, until the next day...just for a good sleep!LOL
Ric, you have so much snow! You were right about Buck, he wanted to come in and have lunch!LOL Beautiful hibiscus!
E_B, great pics!
Kiska, I love having snow, but when freezes, not when it's warm and the snow is melted...yuck!How's the volcano?
Sharon, Jeff is like a big boy!LOL
Mau, I'm so sorry to hear about the ice storm, I hope they turn on the power soon.
Joey, poor garden fairy!LOL Where was JW, was he outside playing?
Marylyn, how are the bunnies?
Our weather is upside down, getting warmer, we had 50 today , no more rain.
Azaleea started to bloom.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We got about 6-8 more inches here last night.
Well actually just in time to make rush hour a nightmare again.
Then the winds started.
There's about 5" of snow over the door sill in the FPR.
Maybe 24" next to the car when I left.

Not TOO bad this morning.
The roads were poor to fair.
Now it's just wet pavement.

50's by Friday? ..... So they say!
17 now at Noon!

Ric

Ric, getting warm after so much snow, grrrr!
Kalanchoe is blooming too.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 3b)

Minus 5°F no sunlight yet; the volcano continues to rumble, but nothing new as of now.
We fly out on February 10th. My Son-IL is flying out on Friday; so we're hoping he gets out, too.
wow~all that freezing weather going on;
Music2Keep~little fairy looks cute, but bet she is a bit miffed:))

Thumbnail by kiska

Kiska, so beautiful! I pray you can get out there on the 10th and the volcano stays quiet. Are many people leaving from your town because of the volcano ?
Still blooming poinsettia.
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

28 and sunny. Doesn't feel too bad outside.

(Zone 3b)

pepper~sounds good:))
adina~love the bright red-nice reminder of the holidays.
As far as I know, no one is leaving because of the unrest of Mt. Redoubt. We'd made plans a few weeks ago, so will have to wait and see.
Minus 2F. Some sun.

Thumbnail by kiska

Sharon, you must live in the Siberia of Florida. I thought that FL winters were warmer than here.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PST on February 04, 2009
79 °F
Clear
Humidity: 10%
Dew Point: 17 °F
Wind: 14 mph from the SSE
Pressure: 29.97 in (Falling)
UV: 4 out of 16
(Above Ground Level)

80% chance of rain tomorrow. Ooooo!!

We went for a walk today, in a part of the neighborhood where we hadn't gone for years. You have to kind of watch where you walk so you don't trip over the sidewalk and so you kind of notice people's grass. At one house I said, "That grass looks almost fake." It was fake. The whole front lawn was fake grass. As far as fake grass goes, though, it was well done. The thing that gave it away to me was that it was shinier than real grass.

Joey – Poor little garden fairy! Those are huge flakes. How is our little boy doing? Is he enjoying the snow?
Adina – We’re colder than you! My Kalanchoe is not happy with the cold we’ve had lately. I’m going to have to cover everything tonight.
Ric – All of us are getting hammered by this cold blast! You and Bernie seem to have it worse than everyone else.
Kiska- Beautiful winter scenes!
Adina – Your poinsettia looks great! Mine took a hit in the last freeze. I hope they make it through the next couple of nights.
Kelli – I’m cracking up LOL! We do get cold it just takes much longer than I like! The panhadle area gets snow every couple of years. You’re thinking more along the lines of Orlando, Tampa and Miami. Even they are going to be chilly for the next couple of nights. I’ve heard of people “painting” their lawns. I think that’s just odd - no offense if anyone does that

37.0 °F
Clear
Windchill: 31 °F
Humidity: 29%
Dew Point: 8 °F
Wind: 7.5 mph from the WNW
Wind Gust: 9.7 mph
Pressure: 30.39 in (Rising)
(Above Ground Level)

Brrr! I had to leave Sweet Pea at home today. She wouldn't wear her sweater and it was just too cold for her. She snuggled up with Prissy all day.

Thumbnail by MySharona

BTW - We never made the 45* high.

I forgot to add:

Wind Chill Advisory in effect until 10 am EST Thursday...
Hard freeze warning in effect from 10 PM this evening to 10 am EST Thursday...
Hard freeze watch in effect from Thursday evening through Friday morning...

Tonight
Clear...colder. Lows 18 - 20. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chills 8 to 13.

Oh man they've dropped our low to 20* tonight (but WX is still saying we could go into the teens). I don't know what a windchill of 8* feels like.

Dear God:
When I said I like cold weather I wasn't talking about KiskaCold! LOL!
Sharon

You know it's cold when Sylvester comes in and plops down (with a thud) on Jeff's lap.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sharon, I bet our 0º doesn't feel as cold as your 30º. We were at 40º the other day & were running around outside with out jackets!

14º now, high 30's forecast for the next 7 days. Yippee!
At least February is a short month.

Ordered some bulbs over on the Co-op forum today. Don't really need them, but, you know how it is! Glads & Lilies.

Bernie

Jeff looks like he has a sunburn on his head in that last pic. LOL. And it looks like he smashed his thumb too. And of course Sylvester da-man for the moment. LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

18° (Wind Chill 8°) going to 11°
BUT 45° Friday then 50's thru at least Weds........ FINALLY!

Great day w/ no driving drama.
Last evening some of the school buses were still delivering kids at 7 PM.
It appears most people stayed home today.
Snow covered HWY going in but no traffic.
High and Dry and about empty coming home!

Ric

Bernie - I'll have to replace some plants after the hard freezes we've had. We need the freezes to keep the icky bug population down, but they are hard on the native plants.
Pepper - Jeff shaved his head again which explains the red head. He gets hangnails then chews on them (me rolling eyes).
Ric - Glad you made it home without drama LOL!

23* right now and dropping.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Ric

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

15º, south wind.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

-4º at work.....

Ric

Well we're up to:

27.1 °F
Clear
Windchill: 23 °F
Humidity: 36%
Dew Point: 4 °F
Wind: 0.0 mphfrom the WNW
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.57 in (Rising)
(Above Ground Level)

Hard freeze warning in effect until 10 am EST this morning...
Wind Chill Advisory in effect until 10 am EST this morning...
Hard freeze warning in effect from 8 PM this evening to 9 am EST Friday...
Freeze watch in effect from late Friday night through Saturday morning...

Today
Sunny. High 45. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chills 9 to 14 in the morning.

Basically the same forecast as yesterday. It's so cold Pea won't put her hiney on the floor!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin' All! We are quite cold this mornin', too, tho not as cold as most. We have 10° with a wind chill of 4°. In Beckley (30 minutes away) it's 6° w/a wind chill of -8°.

Fair: 10°F
Feels like: 4°F
Barometer: 30.4 in
Dewpoint: 1°
Humidity: 63%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 3 mph NW
Sunrise: 7:23 AM
Sunset: 5:51 PM

JW might get to go out in the snow today when it warms up some...he likes to stand at the front windows & watch the flakes fly. :) He says..."See? See?" Some of his words are too sophisticated for me to understand! :D
Sharon, So sorry that you are getting the "Kiska Cold", but I think we all like to share! ;) Great pic of Boo...she's like Jack...you can't see her in the dark! :D
Kelli, My mom once had a neighbor that wanted to have fake grass...but I think it was because he was too lazy to mow....not caring about being neat. Did it look neat & tidy?
Kiska, I've had that Fairy for years...& this is the 1st time I've noticed the 'miffed' look! LOL
Has any body heard from Deb? and Rann?
Dyson, Hope you are staying warm!
Se_eds, How's it going up there?

Weather trivia...
Which month has seen the most tornadoes in U.S. History?
a) May, 2003
b) May, 1999
c) June, 1992
d) April, 1974

Have a great day!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

16º Feels like 50º That's what happens when it's been below zero so long!
Will real warm this afternoon.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Here too Bernie!
But we'll be hitting maybe 30 by late afternoon.

Now they are saying 63 on Weds.......

Ric

(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone!

Hopelessly behind again so I'll just say nice photos! Seems like it's been nippy for many and quite a havoc in Missouri and KY.

Kelli - hope you're feeling better ....... sounds horrible.
a note on those nasal sprays from a pharmacist (me ;-)) To avoid addiction problems, you should never use the maximum allowed dosage unless you really need it. Most of the time you can get away with less. I always buy nasal spray intended for kids (and baby strenght for the girls) and except when I have a REALLY bad cold that's sufficient. Never had any problems, and I have mild colds for most of the winter months ;-)

Celia - fabulous shot of Monty the master of relaxation ! lol :-)

Kiska - hope the volcano stays quiet.

Ric - SO glad that tree missed your house! and Marsue - likewise for your daughter :-) And Friday is looking quite the handsome fella' ;-)

Sharon - LOL at Sweet Pea, too cute!

Well we've had glorious winter weather for the past week, calm, sunny and COLD (well by our standards at least!). It was 16°F this morning with a high around 23°F and that is FRIDGID too us hardy Icelanders! lol About as cold as we're likely to experience .... Still I love the calm and clear so I'll take the cold with it. Very nice to see the sun for a change :-) Quite nippy at the pool today, but it's easier this winter than last so I guess you can adjust to anything ;-)

There was a new coalition government formed last weekend so we have someone at the steering wheel once again. There will be an election in late April. Things have calmed down, the protesters got what they wanted.

A big "Hi" to y'all and hope you're all snug and cozy :-)

Rann

Sunrise two days ago, just after 10 am! Got to love that! Won't be long until it'll be bright at 9 am ;-) That's what I LOVE about February ;-)

Thumbnail by rannveig

Probably high 50s here, sunny and very windy.

Sharon, it was 55 today , sunny and clear sky....thank God, we've had Dyson dark and rain for so long, even if it got warm ! Sending some warm for Pea and Sylvester!LOL
I was about to send you the link to my article about a Winter Walk In The Park, but it seemed just too cruel!LOL
Kiska and Joey, wonderful snow pics!
Rann, wow, love that sunrise !

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good afternoon! We've been having trouble with our internet connection for several weeks. Last night the connection was so bad that it would time out while trying to load a single page. Today a Comcast guy came out and changed the cable in the attic, and now we're back up to normal speed. Yayyy!!!

I'm going to guess April of 1974, Joey. That's when all of those tornadoes hit Xenia, Ohio, among other places.

Sharon, LOL about the Kiska cold. :-)

And Kelli, I'm loling about the fake grass! LOL I suppose that is one way to conserve water and still have a green lawn....

Kiska, I do hope you don't have any trouble getting away for your trip!

Adina, send us some of your rain!! We haven't had any for weeks, which is highly unusual for us. There isn't much of a chance for any until next week, and even then it's not a good chance.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 1:53pm CST (17 min ago)
Temperature 72 °F 22 °C
Dew Point 45 °F 7 °C
Humidity 37%
Pressure 30.45 in 1031.3 mb
Wind Speed 17 MPH 15 kts
Wind Dir S 170°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 75 °F 24 °C
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 43.0°F / 6.1°C

Today Mostly sunny until this afternoon then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight Partly cloudy. Warmer. Lows in the lower 50s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Joey, the artificial grass did look neat. That yard was very flat. I don't think it would look right otherwise. I would imagine a person would have to vacuum it once in a while or else the dirt would build up and start to grow weeds.

RAIN!!!

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:51 PM PST on February 05, 2009
52 °F
Light Rain Mist
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 48 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the SE
Pressure: 29.97 in (Falling)
Visibility: 2.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 1600 ft
Mostly Cloudy 2600 ft
Overcast 3300 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I'm going to go w/ A. Joey.

The Xenia event was part of the Super Outbreak.
The most tornadoes in a 24 hour period.
I was there just hours before and for days after doing cleanup.

For those of you not familiar w/ the Xenia event.

http://www.ohiohistory.org/etcetera/exhibits/swio/pages/content/1974_tornado.htm

It's still cold here 19° (Wind Chill 11°) .
Supposed to be 42 tomorrow.

Ric

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

We got one of those freaky 'lake-effect' snow bands late last evening which brought us 3 inches of fluffy snow. 7 deg. this AM. Warmed up to 17 this afternoon but brightand sunny.
Supposed to get above freezing tomorrow and up to 48 deg on Saturday. Ric, our wind chill was low due to winds from your area at 15-20 mph.

There is only one set of tracks - my husband went out for the mail. Gotta go out and refill the bird feeders tomorrow!

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

More of the same today, fairly calm, mostly clear skies and 25°F this morning. And pretty bright now at 10:15 am :-)

Have a great day everyone!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

brrrrrr - overslept LOL! BBL

29.7 °F
Clear
Windchill: 25 °F
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 19 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.57 in (Steady)
(Above Ground Level)

Hard freeze warning in effect until 9 am EST this morning...
Freeze warning in effect from 2 am to 8 am EST Saturday...

Today
Sunny. Not as cool. Areas of frost in the morning. High 56. Northwest winds 5 mph shifting to the south in the afternoon.

This message was edited Feb 6, 2009 8:27 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.