Happy Birthday Stormyla!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Since I'm still awake I saw they updated the b-days.
So I'll be the first to say "Have a great one"!

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Thank you, Jen! How sweet of you. I love that Hydrangea, such a beautiful color. I always think the Hydrangea in Jersey have especially vibrant colors. They don't call it the garden state for nothing!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

lol, If they keep putting up houses, malls and warehouses there won't be much garden left.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday, Stormy! Wishing you a great gardening year.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Happiest ever!!!
Jan

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Have a beauty filled Birthday!!

Thumbnail by Chantell
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Thank you, Lady & Jan. Lady, What a beautiful red. Is that a Quince?

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh gosh, Chantell, Thank You! It's so nice to wake up to all of these lovely flowers. Please tell me about your beautiful bloom.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday, Stormy!

I hope you'll consider coming down for the seed party next month... we're going to have a blast. I realize the weather could be a consideration, but I've got a sunny day on order! :-)

Thumbnail by critterologist
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy Bday! hope I can compete in the bright pretty flower category here.

Thumbnail by sallyg
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Stormy! I hope you're having a wonderful birthday.

Thumbnail by hart
Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday to you, Stormy - hope you're having a storm-less day up there in PA!

Barb

Thumbnail by DaylilyDiva219

Storm, you are right you win the flower ID prize of the day!

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That quince is on my gotta have it list..... are they fragrant?

Jen, it is not fragrant, but the hummingbirds come to visit it, I use to watch my columbines for the hummers but the quince will bloom first and a hummer will show up. I think that the hummer is more after some very small pollinating insect then the nectar of the quince itself. Just a theory of mine.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Wowzers....I'm even more anticipating the arrival of spring now!!! Ya'll have done good...great shots!!!
Jen - that's a macro of my first orchid bloom - however I get none of the credit she arrived that way - LOL Very nice scent but you have to be up close.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Well well, You folks are just making my day! Stormy loves storms and flowers!!!! For once, it has snowed on my birthday! (although a little wetter than I like, but hey, it's white and there are 4").

Critter, What a great butterfly shot! The seed party looks like so much fun, but I'll be away that weekend.Thank you for both kind messages.

Sally, you are up there among the brightest!! (and the best)

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Hart & DaylilyDiva, Orange Daylilies are my favorite! It is so wonderful to see yours. Just makes me even more impatient to see the new ones I put in this fall.

Lady, the only flowering shrub that was here before me is a very old red Quince. I've been pruning it annually in stages to get it to flower more. I love how early they bloom.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Chantell, I feel honored to receive your first Orchid bloom. I'm smelling it through cyberspace!

Lady, I never noticed any hummers around the quince or the columbines. Now I know where to put that Hummer Feeder.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

OK Gang, Is it time for the cake yet?

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/946958/#new

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

WOW now that's a cake!!!!

Hey! I could use a little chocolate now! Well, maybe a LOT!!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Stormy, that daylily is South Seas, an oldie but goody and if you don't have it, get it. It's way prettier in person and blooms profusely for weeks.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Stormy, I second what hart's saying - I've also got South Seas and it's just gorgeous in bloom. Hard to capture the way it glows in a picture.

My photo is of "Smoky Mountain Autumn", and it's got similar qualities. Just gotta love the daylilies! ;-)

And WOW what a fabulous cake!!!!! To die for, seriously.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Hart & Daylilydiva. I'll add them to my list of "Wants"!!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy happy birthday!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Adding my birthday wishes too!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

And mine - I'm slowly thawing out here & made it online ^_^

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Stormyla, I hope you're having a great time!

Thumbnail by claypa
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Thank you very much, Ladies. It's been a truly wonderful day! Bec-No-Va, keep warm!

OK but I'm no lady LOL

Thumbnail by claypa
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Ooooo Claypa, Another gorgeous lily! Thank you. I'm having a quietly pleasant evening with DSO. We're planning a getaway weekend in the Poconos where I'm hoping to see some real snow!!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

No harm intended, kind sir, I was typing while you posted. Goodness, that Lily is gorgeous! Two lovelies, I feel so showered in riches!!!! Do you know it's name?

I figured, I was just teasing.. the first is Elaine Strutt, the next maybe 'Screech Owl' but I'm not sure - the tag won't be visible for a looong time. I think this one's 'Pink Embers'.

Thumbnail by claypa
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh, Such a wealth of jewels all day long!!! Thanks!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.