January Daily Weather, only a week to go.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

A new friend

Thumbnail by henryr10
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Bright, Sunny, 30deg, feels like 22deg. windy.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

41º Checking thermometer to make sure it isn't broke.
Sunny.
Windy, of course!
Cold front coming in tomorrow.

Results of the stop at countertop shop.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

21° (Wind Chill 10°) here Bernie! LOL!

Granite? VERY Nice!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Corion or however you spell it. Router cuts it & drill with high speed bits. Supposed to stay flat. I bought 3 pieces for 3 different tables, 50 bucks total.
Beats $500 or so for the manufactured tables that are to small anyway!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

That's an AMAZING Price!
We used it in our Cab shop when it first came out.
A 5' x 10' slab was $500.00 our price.
Suggested retail is $27.50 a square by Dupont now.
It's actually fairly easy to work.... just a very expensive mistake...lol!
That makes a Killer Router table!

Thumbnail by henryr10
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

These were leftover cuts. He said they have been laying around for years. He hasn't sold any Corion in years. All stone stuff now. More money around, apparently.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Joplin, Missouri (Airport)
Updated: 56 min 24 sec ago
60 °F
Clear
Humidity: 31%
Dew Point: 29 °F
Wind: 17 mph from the SSW
Pressure: 30.02 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground

Nice Mild Day! Yaaa! Rusty got all the muddy his feet! Oh boy! I just hate the big messy in kitchen sooner as I get my garden clean up all the dead branches... I just got 2 green house shelfs out and hook up the shelf... Get ready for seeds sow in egg cartons and some cans, too...

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Great pics everyone! The rain stopped, but it got colder and it snowed a bit last night. Another azaleea picture.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 3b)

0°F Sunny ~ volcano remains at code Orange.
Catching up is hard to do~but enjoyed trying.
Taken a few days ago; looks the same today.

Thumbnail by kiska
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Well, we have some water puddles! 42º most of the afternoon. Lots of snow around, but it's all in drifts in ditches, groves, etc. So fields are showing pretty clear.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

19º this evening with a high of 36º expected tomorrow. Highs back in the teens again by mid-week though. We have had an additional 6' or so of snow since Wednesdays big storm but it was light fluffy stuff--much easier on the back!

billyporter...........When my kids were little I used to dig tunnels in the snow piles for them to play in. Seems long ago.

sharona.......I was trying to figure out why you assumed I'm a Steelers fan. It must have been the "gold" porch light in the photo. It's actually a bug light but I guess it does do double duty. BTW, I am a Steelers fan! Not any bugs this time of year anyway!

Ric..........The series of photos you have been posting is really nice!

Wow, that ice storm really tore up the middle of the country! It hasn't been warm enough to melt the ice and power could be out for weeks. They say another storm is brewing and might hit next week.

Photo: My bird feeder has never been as busy as it has this year. The hard winter has made it hard for them to use their normal food sources. I dump in a 5 gallon bucket of seed and a few suet cakes about twice a week.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Here's a little winter/summer comparison. January flew past, soon it will be spring!

Here's a winter/summer comparison taken from the same spot.

Jan. 09

early_bloomer

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

And here's the same spot during a typical July.

early_bloomer

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

64 deg right now, Dyson Dark and really windy. Our high was 68 but it was a little hard to enjoy with all the wind blowing.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Absolutely legendary weather

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 4:51 PM PST on January 31, 2009
74 °F
Clear
Humidity: 18%
Dew Point: 27 °F
Wind: 6 mph from the SSW
Pressure: 29.99 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

California Citrus State Historic Park

Thumbnail by Kelli
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

6 degrees on the porch this AM. Got up to about 28 today, some sun, but not enough to melt much. Did get the truck out onto the bare highway and that was a nice break. Supposed to be in the mid 40's tomorrow and then could get hit with another storm Monday night

My gardens are buried under about 4 inches of snow and ice.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Kelli.........Your beautiful photo has snow in it just like mine. Somehow though, yours looks more inviting!

early_bloomer

Yep, you finally got a snow picture from me.

Thumbnail by Kelli

This is a picture I took especially for "the peeps". It is a Buddha's hand citron.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

e_b I love that bird shot!
Lots of little hunger critters out there now.
Great before and after .....
I like the before better! lol!
I'm gonna have to try Pokers again for sure.
After the Hurricane and the Ice Storm we should have enough sun.

Kelli there's nothing like Palm and Snow shots!
Love the view.

Kiska spectacular!
Good luck w/ the Volcano.... save some ash for us!

Adina soon our Azaleas will be blooming here..... hopefully.

I shot about 700 photos today.
I was out for about 5 hours total. From Zero up to about 28 degrees....
then falling ice and dripping water made it a bit uncormfortable
About 1/2 the shots are ice closeups.... I'll be weeks editing them all.
When I'm finished I'll post a link to my album.

Here's a non-ice shot from this morning.
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi se_eds..........It's up to 21º here now. The highest it's been all day. Looks like tomorrow's warm-up has arrived.

early_bloomer

I love cardinals.

This is a flying dragon. It is a citrus relative that is used for root stock in grafting. As you can see, it is deciduous.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

That's a COOL looking tree Kelli!
I may just need to get one of those.

The Cardinals are already marking their territory.
It's a songfest out there.
We probably have 5 mated pairs right near here.
The males are definitely a sight in all this white.

Ric

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We have flying dragons, too. They are planted right outside our kitchen window. Ours are quite a bit smaller than your, Kelli, and have never bloomed, but then they get very little sun where they are. My very first post on Dave's was a thread in the plant id forum asking what they were. :-) http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/490160/ Weeding around them is quite tricky! I'm LOL'ing at the "snow picture" comment. :-)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Go to February's thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/948202/

Bernie

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Oh Henry I love cardinals...especially against a snow background. When I used to live in canada seeing the cardinal always put me in a good mood. I am fortunate that there are a few around here in North Texas all year round most times.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I like to hear about your shopping and cabinet making, Bernie. Great idea top put the Corian on the router table.
Loving all the winter time shots, everyone--so pretty- and the cardinals are gorgeous!
EB, Nice comparison winter/summer shots, too, but I like summer better! LOL
Kelli: flying dragons and Buddha's hand--WOW!
Kiska: I heard on the news that the folks in Anchorage were stocking up on emergency supplies in anticipation of the volcano eruption!
Pepper: I tell Friday that you think he looks "dapper". :o))
I drove up here to Harrison to my daughter's house on Saturday--a beautiful day for a drive--the sun was shining and it was in the high 50's. . However, the ice storm certainly left behind its "calling card"--thousands of trees damaged or uprooted. It looked as if a giant tornado had come through most of north Arkansas and ripped out the tops of most of the trees! Terrible! My daughter's lawn, front and back, was literally covered with tree limbs and more limbs hanging from the tops of the trees. They were fortunate (thank You, Lord!) that none of the limbs fell on their house. They had an estimate from a tree guy of $2500.00 dollars to remove the limbs but their church's disaster assistance team came yesterday with chain saws and rakes and cleared the whole yard out plus raked up all the leaves that had fallen previously and they were gone in a matter of 3-4 hours! and all for FREE!!
I took pictures but the corner broke off the little card "thingie" and now it won't fit back into my camera. I had already uploaded most of the photos on the card to my computer at home but I suppose the latest photos are lost. I have another card at home but I did not bring it with me.
:o((

There are still a lot of people in this area without power but the utility companies have many trucks and workers out trying to get the power back on to everyone.

The sun is shining and the current temp is 36º with a high in the 40's later today.

Everyone have a good day!

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Well..after a week of freezing temps we are in the 50's today. It is getting windier though, but temps are to be in the 70's for awhile. My spring bulbs are starting to come through the soil!!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Thread Closed:

Hey guys and gals we've moved the thread to here.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/948202/

Ric

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.