Aloha Decor items 50% off

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

boy's room...notice not much left on the walls....."someone" redecorated...
Did I mention this is a mouse house...not a doll house?

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Breakfast room.....has dishes for every holiday....in the cupboard, ....and under the bed, in the vacuum, etc...

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Living room....took out lots of small things that could be choking hazards. Piano "plays"......

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

room for the twin mice......they're at school.....

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Girl's room......

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Kitchen...notice the phone is in the sink

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Dad's study....none of the lights are hooked up....anymore.....

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Bath.... and gramma's teeth are in the sink with her toothbrush and paste....

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Formal dining....used to have lovely paintings on the walls....

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

babies' room......

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Game room......

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

oops...I rushed to post these and then see there's another thread started in crafts.... I just went back to read thru and saw the dollhouse with addition. you and your mom should start selling your creations. I especially love the portly guy in the music room. And the hint about using magazine cut-outs of books was great. I spent a lot on teeny little mags, books and game boards. I always thought I'd try to use computer to make some, but I figure once DGS abandons mouse house....stuff will get put away anyway.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

BigBubbles, that is a great idea for a house! I love it! You did a really great job! We have alot of the same furniture. I especially like the beautiful piece you have against the back wall of your formal dining room...that is lovely!

Everything is soooooo cute! I know that you had a great time creating it!

Mom created most of the people in the house, except for the Music teacher and the lady in the music room. Those believe it or not I got at the Dollar Tree 14 yrs ago....$1.00 each. They had others.....I wish I had gotten more of them!

Do becareful with your Grandson and all of the little items. How old is he now? A good rule is....anything that can go thru a toilet tissue roll a child can swallow!

I actually saw a child who had swallowed a quarter in Herman Hospital. They had to operate to get it out.....but he didn't choke...hmmmm.

Your house is lovely. Don't put it away, just keep it! It's so cute! I love mine. I am so glad that we decided to put everything back in as it had been packed away for three years after Hurricane Rita when we evacuated.

After doing my granddaughter's I had to do the addition to mine, and it was soooo much fun! We've really enjoyed getting back into making the things again.

Thanks for sharing your pictures!!!!!!!!!! I really love them!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks...was fun putting it back together. Grandson is 3, and (knock on wood) has never put anything foreign into his mouth....well, except for broccoli! Before he came along, we'd drag the bookcase into the living room at Christmastime, since all the rooms have their own trees and decorations. Now it's in a very "girlie" bedroom that'll soon get a change-over since we're pretty sure this is the poster child for zero population growth.....and so no little girl to enjoy it.
I still have un-opened accessories, furniture, and wallpaper. Never enough time to do everything! Maybe when I get old.....oh wait, I AM old!!!
Glad you enjoyed looking at the photos. I'll try to keep an eye out on the craft forum for updates on yours.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

I am stounded by the doll (and mouse) houses! You guys are so clever and creative, and I guess that you both have great eyesight to be working on such minature things!

Thanks for posting all the pictures so that we can share. ^_^

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Bigbubbles, you never know....I was 6 1/2 before I got a baby sister! Haha.....Maybe there's still hope! If not, a bedroom that is "neutral" is still possible and the mice can continue to live the "Elite Life!". Not very many mice get to live in such a nice house! Haha!

I too have accessories and extra furniture (still after filling 3 dollhouses ....unbelievable!) And I still have one kit in the closet to put together someday for my Grandson's daughter.....since he is going to be 13 there is no rush. I will probably make it, claim it, and pass it down if and when the time comes along. You never know he might have boys and it might end up a Mouse House also! LOL!

I'm a miniature addict. I can't help buying a miniature or making something. They're just so cute. They don't eat, have to be fed or watered, no litter box, and they don't grow or die. Lots to be said for collecting miniatures (except for the space they can take up eventually! haha).

Jen, thanks.....yes, fortunately I do have good eye sight, so far. I do have glaucoma and do the drop thing, but I can see well. Reading is sometimes blurred, so on those days I just do other things!

I've had a ball today making more things. I'll post them over in the Craft and Decorating forum later. I have to upload them to the computer first.

Jeanne

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Jeanne, I'm so happy for you. Getting your miniatures going again has obviously given you more energy and enthusiasm (which you really didn't lack). I have enjoyed both of your "doll houses" and wish I had the patience it takes. Sandy, you may be nurturing the next major architect....you,too Jeanne.

Christi

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Christi, thanks, it has really helped!!!! (I am still sleeping mornings. And I need to prop my feet up thos as they are very swollen right now. ) But it has been so much fun. I have wanted to add on the new addition since I first put up the main house 14 years ago, so it has been a long wait. Then evidentally the time was right and it just "happened"! It has been a family project. My aunt who is 82 is going to make me doilies for my little tables!!!!! My Mom is making more books and fruit.

We are going to pick out new wall paper for my oldest granddaughter's. When we first planned her's we were just using what I had on hand, but now with all of the scrapbooking paper out $.59 a sheet or less, you can wall paper nicely without the expense, so we can "rethink" this project. She's 14 and she wants it to be "modern", not "little girlish".....naturally! No problem!

Today I made keyboards for the girl's rooms. Even a keyboard stand, then figured out it was probably too big for their dollhouses and had to make smaller ones....oh well....practice makes perfect!

I saw in a dollhouse book where author Jane Freeman, "The Art of the Miniature, Small Worlds and How to Make Them", used gold screws upside down with white paint or white sculpey to make candle holders. So I scurried off to the kitchen and sure enough in the drawer was six screws that I am sure goes to something....but are now going to be little candle holders. I have some more work to do on them but they are so cute!

It didn't take but a little while and was so rewarding! Really Fun! Just the size I need to be "lifting"....not strenuous at all.

Jeanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.