Plants for swap

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Since we are only two months from the swap, I thought to start a plants for swap thread.
Do you think it is to early ? I hope not.
This will be my space.

I will bring if anyone wants:

Mexican flame vine cuttings
Cup of gold cuttings , possible one rooted.
White alliums. They spread like wild fire.
I have some October rose hibiscus seeds (finally).
I planted several seeds so I hope to have more to offer.
5 rooted Cecil Brunner rose cuttings.

Reserved:
JoAnne-Mexican flame vine and cup of gold cutting.

Would like if anybody has:

Canna -Lucifer
Canna-Stuttgard
KZ-Mortimer Sackler rose cuttings

This message was edited Feb 11, 2009 7:11 AM

This message was edited Feb 20, 2009 7:09 AM

This message was edited Feb 22, 2009 9:50 AM

This message was edited Mar 7, 2009 6:25 PM

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Rodica, I think Alma will start an official thread where we can do the usual "My Space". Good to know you've got goodies, though! :-)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

BRITTANY'S SPACE!!!
Not sure yet what I'm bringing... I'll keep you posted...
Brittany

This message was edited Jan 23, 2009 9:18 PM

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I will have some small passion vine plants that I will send with Christina. Not sure what the name of it is but my guess is constance elliott.

Phoenix, AZ

Rodica, you have d-mail! ;0)

Phoenix, AZ

YAY! Rodica got it started; now it's 'stickied' here so everyone can stake out a space and start listing all your haves and wants - or in my case, have-no-clue.

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

*****ROBIN'S SPACE*****

HAVE
Mexican Evening Primrose (Lots of it available)
Hawaiian Air Plant Seedlings up for grabs (18 available)
Rodney's Aster Volunteers - will dig upon request (8 available) http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/912579/
(Just a word on the Rodney's Aster - they're probably all on one long runner. If I have time I'll divide the runner for you all. If not, the entire runner is coming with me and we can divide it at the swap.)

RESERVED
Alma - Mexican Evening Primrose (lots), Rosemary Cuttings
24Corrin - Rodney's Aster
Amfm - Rodney's Aster, Mexican Evening Primrose & Rosemary Cuttings
2ndChance - Rodney's Aster
Rodica - Canna
Dann_L - Thyme Cuttings
Tanya - Variagated Spider Plant Pups
Ben - Rosemary Cuttings

WOULD LIKE
Compact COLORFUL plants
Bulbs

FROM
Aguane - Persian Shield
Slatwood - Hollyhocks & Blue Salvia
Rodicap - White Oxalis
Boo - Blue Hibiscus Seeds
Tanya - 4 Grape Tomato Seedlings
KZ - 4 Mortimer Sackler rose cuttings and 4 Happy Wanderer vine cuttings

This message was edited Mar 20, 2009 8:37 AM

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

Woo hoo!

Jill's Space
I Have (or will pot up on request):
•one ruellia brittonia baby
•Parry penstemon
maybe some baby Bartlett's Monarda if they transplant well--gotta try this to be sure

Reserved:
•all the things that didn't make it to the fall swap that are still alive--I'll update later
•Rene's penstemon
•penstemon for Mickey

Wish list:

This message was edited Mar 4, 2009 3:53 PM

Tucson, AZ

Detrick's Space

sorry, all the water plants are gone. all i have are the mexican sunflower seeds - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=4768786

This message was edited Jan 27, 2009 10:34 PM

Phoenix, AZ

Well, at least send a framed photo of yourself so we can pretend you're here! ;o)

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

***************************RENE'S SPACE******************************************

Apricot Thevetia tree starts http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2248/
Moringa tree starts http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/129953/
shin dagger agave: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/62939/
OSPV margarita: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/53068/

Please Dmail with requests

Had to scratch Magnolia trees - no action yet.

This message was edited Mar 18, 2009 4:16 PM

Gilbert, AZ

I have volunteers and will pot up if you're interested:

shoe string acacia trees
sissoo trees
feathery cassia
cape honeysuckle (red)
wedelia
yellow bird of paradise

Reserved:

Sissoo sapling and wedelia for Joanne

This message was edited Feb 16, 2009 10:04 AM

I have one teenager....will swap for handyman.

Phoenix, AZ

I'd consider that swap if the teenager can cook and clean! I'm guessing not or you wouldn't want to trade, lol.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I was thinking you'd need 10 teenagers to swap for a handyman but I thought some more and realized no amount of teenagers equals a handyman ;P

lol

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

I second the emotion! =)

Alan

Payson, AZ(Zone 7a)

Boo, you are bad.
JoAnne

JoAnne, today would have been Daddy's 83rd birthday!

Phoenix, AZ

Aguane's SPACE
Does anyone want Persian Shield? I have just one successful start at this point but I can get some more going if you're in need.

Sorry - I won't be at the swap.... guest in town. I'll keep more starts of P.S. for Autumn
Have fun!

This message was edited Mar 19, 2009 10:12 PM

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

I would LOVE your Persian Shield seedling. If possible 2??? I have 2 spots in my mostly shaded area that need plants in the ground. I was going to put my Plumbagos in there, but much prefer the foliage of the Persian Shield. :-) If you have only one, I also have another spot picked out that maintains moist soil and shade.

Phoenix, AZ

Robin, I'll start some this weekend and hopefully they're transportable by the 21st! Mine is in NO SUN and does fine. Slow grower but does fine.

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Slow growing is good!...especially in my limited space. I just love the color. Thanks Sweetie!!!

Sun City, AZ(Zone 9b)

*************************SHARON'S SPOT******************

Got some Ott's MG coming up. Hoping a few Datura will volunteer, from that 6' monster by the front. As a surprise, Tim and Scott put a shelf 5+ feet off the floor, where I usually start seeds on the floor under lights. (Remember...when I was playing hospital tag --and the *&^%!!! cat batted peat pots and plants all over 5 rooms and two bathrooms?!). So I'll start something, if for no other reason than to make them happy. ^_^

I have a couple extra hollyhocks (3/17 - they DON't like being un-planted! Only one made it, and its going to Az Robin. Sorry)
A bunch of "probably blue" and/or "probably red" Salvia -- they're wild now, and get about 3' - 5' high. The "probably" depends on what they volunteered next to!

Volunteer 4 O'Clocks - Kaleidoscope - don't know if the broken colors come true from seed. Rabbits do NOT eat them!!! ^_^

Cassia didymobotria seed (Popcorn Cassia)

Dichrostachys seeds again

RESERVED

Azrobin - hollyhock & blue salvia.
2nd Chance - Blue Salvia
MickeyAZ -- Double purple Datura seed -- volunteers if they show up.
Kayzee -- Salvia
Marieortize -- blue salvia

This message was edited Mar 18, 2009 3:37 AM

Payson, AZ(Zone 7a)

Boo, I am so sorry, I know how you miss your dad. He was a caring father.
JoAnne

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Boo, there's noway I'd trade my handyman for 100 teenagers, even if he is 79 years young! Here he is trimming trees. Forty feet up in in air doesn't bother him in the least! We try to keep our trees pruned up, just in case of wildfire.

Sure wish I had something to trade besides iris and rocks. LOL

Thumbnail by HappyJackMom
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I would not do it either HJM. That's a great one you have there.
I will take iris and rocks any day. LOL

Phoenix, AZ

C'mon down, HJM, someone will trade you something for nothing! And bring some pine cones - and needles - with you. You'll have lots of takers. Btw, wish I had that cherry-picker. Wanna trade it for some iffy plants?

Phoenix, AZ

Ooooh! Did someone say rocks ☺

Are we having a White Elephant?

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

If we are, at least this time I know the rules. LOL

Sun City, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'm STILL not sure of the rules - but I'll bring an elephant anyway, so I can play-and-grab, too!

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

The cherry-picker belongs to a dear friend that allows us to use it anytime we want. Also a Forklift, a loader, a tractor and anything else we may need. They are wonderful, wonderful caring people. We are so lucky to know them. Without the forklift, we would have had a heck of a time putting up the 40'X40' steel shop.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I have 5 rooted cuttings of Cecil Brunner rose.
Please D-mail me if you are interested.

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Yep, rocks Fishy. This is what some of these can look like when just dug up. With plantings, water, and a little moss or ground covers, one can get some neat results. The rain, wind and sun can give them some character also. They don't look like much sometimes, BUT they are rocks. And they can make great benches in the garden. You just have to be careful of the spiders that like rocks too. LOL

Note the size beside the shovel.

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Whoo-hoo, Rodica!!! I'm so glad those cutting I brought to the swap rooted for you. :-)

I have 2 cuttings from my Crimson Pillar Climber that I've had sitting in just water for what seems like 3 weeks now. They're both putting out new leaves. I just keep foretting to take them out, add rootone and pot them up. I'm almost out of potting soil but can take some from the garden where I dug up a few plants. This climber is hard to find. I haven't seen it at any of the box stores since I bought them in 2004. Hope they root.

Oh my gosh, Happy......that is one huge rock! I love it!

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Remember the photo of Cookie's Rock? Well, this is what it looked like the day it was dug up and put in place.

Cookie's Rock - day one

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

This is what it looked like in 2008. We enlarged the small indentations in two spots to make small drinking ponds for the birds.

Cookie's Rock - 2008

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Wowsers!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.