Communicating with DG buddies on the phone for free.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Bec No Va & I will be chatting on SKYPE (SKYPE.com) for free. She is in Va. & I am in Pa. I also chat with my penfriends in the UK and if they have Skype, it is free & if they do not, it costs me 2.1 cents a minute to chat with them. Now we can vocally chat. Just go to the site, download it and follow directions. I got myself a portable Skype phone which I can use for regular landline calls or Skype and it works really great. This is NOT a commercial for Skype. It is just another means to communicate with your DG friends on the phone. Thanks. Buttoneer.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Adding my two cents............ Many service providers offer unlimited calling through out America, Canada and sometimes the territories to package purchasers. Our package by Comcast includes this type of service. It is really free to us because our long distance was always greater than the package price of $33.00. We get computer broad band service, unlimited station TV basic and the telephone all calls for $99.00 all service introductory cost. Next year it goes up a little but still is a very good package in our area.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Doc, thanks. I see that Oovoo.com is being advertised also. I am not downloading it because I am happy with what I have in SKYPE.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Sales work supreem is evident all over the market today. No matter what service one considers one should be very carefull to dot all the (i)s and cross all the (t)s. We just looked at another one offering telephone unlimited for $9.99 a month...........but all the equiment was extra from the same company to make it happen.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ugh....I'm on the phone all day at work...I avoid it like the plague when home...but if forced my cell phones nationwide unlimited weekends and night time after 7PM - so I go that route.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Since I retired, we got rid of our cellphones and got a pay as you go, so that route is not good for me so I used SKYPE.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.