Tall Bearded Iris Dizzy Love

Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

Does anyone have Tall Bearded Iris Dizzy Love or know where I can find it?

Sorry I can't help you, but if I run across it in my browsing, I will sure let you know.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Cindy, try contacting the hybridizer. He may still have it available or know someone who does. You can contact him below.

I'll get in touch with you again later. Maybe if my 4-leggeds would stop getting into trouble for FIVE MINUTES I could actually get something done around here!

Here's the hybridizer's contact info:

Don Shepard
Shepard Iris Garden
3342 W Orangewood
Phoenix, AZ 85051

That's fine Laurie, I understand the work with critters. I did contact Shepard already, they only have one cultivar in their yard. He is ill. Very sad. I am surprised that no one has it except nakihee on Dave's and she had never dmailed me back. This was about a year ago and then earlier this year, still no reply. It is still fairly new 2004 intro and as beautiful as it is I am really surprised no one has it.

Dont forget about me

Cindy

Weston, WV(Zone 6b)

I tried to find one for ya, with no luck .... i will keep looking and if i find anything, i will let ya know!

Thank You !!!!!!!!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

The Shepard's retired about 4 years ago and closed the business.......I've tried contacting them since then but no luck....no idea what they did (if anything) with any stock they ahd left --- they had a HUGE sale for a month or more before retiring, I was unable to go, but I was told they were digging up and selling plants like crazy!

How long ago did you get to talk to Mr. Shepard?

Just the other day, I talked with his wife. She said they had one lone iris in the yard. Boy I sure do wish I could find this one.

Hebron, KY

Cat!

I just saw the pics of Iris 'Dizzy Love' on the PF! It's a gorgeous Iris! I love it! I'm drooling! :-)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/158243/

Can you believe I cannot find such a newer beauty? It was a 2004 intro.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

That's pretty sad. Perhaps they didn't sell much that year -- with retiring and all. Maybe nakihee will check her email this spring.

Beatrice, NE(Zone 5b)

Have you seen 'Looking for Love'? It is not as ruffled as 'Dizzy Love', but it does have a somewhat similar multi-hued rose and pink color.

I will check into Looking for Love.

But I do like to collect the rare ones.

Thank You

Santa Ynez, CA

Cat no wonder you want that iris, WOW...

Santa Ynez, CA

I think I might have Looking for love.... do you want me to check Cat????

Hebron, KY

I've got Looking for Love on my wish list too. :-)

Santa Ynez, CA

I can see what I have.....

Yes, absolutely, I would be interested. Thank You

Lebanon, OR

I have it and if you have two I need let me know.

D

Knoxville, IA(Zone 5a)

Last summer, as a newbie, I took part in the Iris co-op. I had never had a reblooming iris so decided to include several of those, even though I was told that many of them wouldn't rebloom in zone 5a. Imagine my surprise when "Autumn Wine" had five blossoms last fall, just a few months after planting. I can't wait for Spring to see the rest of my new iris.

Thumbnail by edyhill
Knoxville, IA(Zone 5a)

I think I goofed on my last post. I thought I was posting it on the thread on reblooming iris.

Page, ND

edyhill - I'm glad you goofed, cuz I just bumped into this thread by accident too! It's gorgeous!

Santa Ynez, CA

Cat, just checked my master list and I do have it, now I will check it in the field and get back to you....

makj, you have Dizzy Love? Oh my gosh, Oh I have got to have some, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Good ole' DG. Where great gardeners meet!

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Santa Ynez, CA

Sorry to report, No Dizzy Love, however I do have Looking for love, haven't made it out to where it is, but will tomorrow, and I will get back to you.....

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

1913cat

Was researching for Dizzy Love, may have found something for you. Found a website for Rocky Top Gardens http--eaglevilletimes.com/RockyTopGardens2007.pdf Garden of Phil Williams and it lists Dizzy Love for sale. I found no catalog for 2008 or 2009 but did find where he had photos of new intros for those years. He is the VP of The Tall Bearded Iris Society. His e-mail address is: rtgphil@bellsouth.net

rose

Thank You Garbriel, but I have already contacted them. They gave me Shepards email and Shepard emailed me back with another person who might have had it and they did not either. It is very frustrating. Someone has got to have it.

Thank You Again Cindy

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi Cindy,

Have you tried both Superstition and Winterberry? Both have told me they keep a master list for other companies and can refer you to someone that carries an iris if they know where it is.

Thank You, I will contact Ginny.

Santa Ynez, CA

even give superstition a try, sometimes they have stuff they don't always offer.....I also tried just for the heck of it Riverview iris in Idaho, no , but that is last years catalog.....however should you find it there, be careful, I didn't have good luck with them, didn't send all I ordered and no money back from that, and I am sure what I have from them may not be what it is suppose to be.......

' I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM RIVERVIEW AGAIN", I did contact them and wanted to let them know how I felt and told them that alot of people were upset and never heard back from them.And told them that if they were willing to promise me that what I ordered will be correct and on time and all is available, I would consider ordering again. It is a long story with me, but I am upset too.

Santa Ynez, CA

I know, I heard some negative and some positive so I thought I will place a small order and see, and like I said, half was not there and then they said they would send the rest, never did, nor money back, I still have a few things that have not bloomed and I really will be surprised if they are what they said they were....
If you are still interested I found Looking for love and I will have one for you if you want it...

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Cat did you not see that Dee said she had it in a post above.

This message was edited Jan 31, 2009 8:29 PM

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I didn't see that either. Well, there you go, yay!

She had Looking For Love.

Thanks For Helping Me Out

Shepherd, MT

I do business with Winterberry and looking through there catalog I do not see Dizzy Love

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

No Winterberry does not have it in their catalogue, but both Winterberry and Superstition told me they keep a central register of sorts, and might know where to find a certain iris.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

I had a bad experience with "Riverview" also, many in my order were not sent (she sent something else even though I said NO subs), very small rz's some the size of pencil erasers so 70% didn't make it past the first winter, the ones that did when they bloomed two years later 50% were NOT true to name so NO more Riverview for me would NOT recommend them to anyone!

My order was before they moved.

This message was edited Feb 2, 2009 12:26 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.