Winter Boredom Part 11

Lebanon, OR

Well both Keppel and Mid America are at the printers my flyer/newsletter that will have about 20 to 30 pictures will be done this weekend and will mail at the end of the month to my customers.

Then as far as I know the webpage will be up about the middle of Feb as down to about 10-12 pages to go and those are the nav and index pages...so really have been working hard

Polly is correct as when I lived in S CA I had such a very few dwarves bloom for me. Here that is another story. If you really love them a treat I know has worked is to get ice and put on them. Try one end with ice every day and see if this works. Sounds silly I know but I did it to three to see if they would bloom for me...surprise they did.

D

Cherryvale, KS

Bengal Tiger I've been trying to get my lists updated for spring bloom. My next task is going to be coding, so I'll know where they are when I get ready to dig!! LOL

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

some are in 1qt pots and I have extra frig in hub's shop....soooo...off to the frig they go

Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

will hub get upset he has no beer room? speaking of beer, I am done grooming iris for the day, and I am going to have one !!!!!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Can't think of anything better than beer and irises!

AHHHHHH!!!!!

Santa Ynez, CA

maybe wine, overlooking an iris patch one has just cleaned or better yet is blooming:)

Cherryvale, KS

Blatant Usually popular with guests!!Happy Friday, my BIF's. My friend Ruth came over yesterday and we cleaned out 1 bed!! HIP HIP HOORAY!! Only 13 to go!!LOL

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Lebanon, OR

I wish I could be outside...but it is freezing so no cleaning of the 3 acres yet but trust me once I can I will be out there with bells on, sick of winter I WANT SPRING tomorrow and it is predicted snow here on the valley floor for Wed night.

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Love that Babylonian Fires, 1913cat. I got one last summer and your photo caused me to go out and see if it made it through the winter. It did. It hasn't bloomed yet.

Here the Arilbreds increase like mad, unbelieveable clumps the first year.They are smaller rhizomes here in the states, so that does make for a teadious task removing dead fans, kind of like SDB's fans. They usually do require yearly divisions.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

So I hear. This will be my first year to have any that need to be divided. I am looking forward to seeing them in clumps and sharing with friends. I haven't really counted but I have about 50 arilbreds. Some of them aren't in my online journal yet because I never put anything in it until it has made it through a winter. I just began checking out the arilbreds that are starting to peek out from under the snow. They are looking good! I can't wait for bloom season.

Cherryvale, KS

Blue Sapphire Happy Friday!!!! We had a cold front come through this PM! YUK!! Expecting frozen precip Monday!

Thumbnail by NickysIris

FINALLY, we are getting SNOW a WHOPPING 6 inches !!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH !!!!!! time to play, HE HE, We HOOO, I have to dig the toys and more beer out. The neighbor and all of us get together and fly around in the woods, for us I guess it is kind of like a super bowl party.

Dee, can you send me a catalog/flyer for 2009. I think you still have my address.

Thank You,Cindy

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Grownups like to play in the snow, too!

Cherryvale, KS

Blue Temptation The ice hasn't started falling from the sky yet!! Yes Parjar' I 've had both knees replaced. They are doing great, but now that I've drained the swamp(no more knee pain). As I give up the strong pain-killers my arthritis is killing me!! Guess it's always something!! I really would like to see some sun!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Blue temptation is a knock out. Luckily it will be awhile before I need new knees. I do have arthritis but only take ibuprofen to sleep at night. Rest of the time the knees are okay.

You guys are depressing me, is this what I have to look forward to, beside Menoupase, which I am already starting.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

HOW DID I MISS IT. THE GREEN SHOULDERS ONE.??? It has such an intense look against the white.AWESOME.

Cherryvale, KS

Blueberry Bliss Happy Tuesday!! There is a sheet of ice on the ground, and the temps are disgusting!!! I'm trapped inside! Well ,guess I'll try to decide which iris to add to my want list!! LOL

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

1913cat, none of these things are fun, but they sure are better than the alternative. Menopause is extremely annoying, but joints do wear out and we are very lucky they have figured out how to do it quite well. Hip replacement surgery is really successful. And yes, arthritis is no picnic but there are things you can do about it as well. Consider old age before all these things came along. My mother-in-law broke her hip and instead of dying which is what used to happen to people with broken hips, she is still walking at 88. Really, it is a miracle. My DH, who is only in his 60s will soon have hip replacement surgery. We have a local runner who is now on his second set of artificial hips who is still running. So consider it something like having your clutch or transmission replaced on the car -- a pain but better than buying a new car.

I feel much better now, WHEW

Hebron, KY

I've got Blue Temptation on my 'wish list'. I love the color blue and that one is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pic Nicky!

Marilyn

Cherryvale, KS

Brickle IB Happy WED!!!! Thanks, Marilyn!! It has increased well, maybe we can trade.. I'm in serious trouble when it comes to space. I'm going to have to delete some varieties this year to make room for new ones!! LOL And I'm going top Nationals which will cause a bad case of "I WANT"!!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Page, ND

question - why do you call them 'seedlings'?

Santa Ynez, CA

because they are the seeds of iris that were hybridized, the seedling are just going and have yet to bloom or be named...

South Hamilton, MA

Sometimes they are not good enough for registration & naming but will have a trait that is useful in further hybridizing work. They are kept under # so the hybridizer can keep track of them

Cherryvale, KS

Brindle Happy Friday my iris BIF's!! Are you all tryin to confuse me by posting on the older line!! LOL By the sounds of things we are all falling apart!!! I always plan my dibilitating things for after bloom season!!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
South Hamilton, MA

There is always transplant & horrible weed season.

Santa Ynez, CA

check out winter #12....

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

Impressionist is the one I would pick from this bunch.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.