Too much of a good thang?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Caren - I have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about...*ducking and running*

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You've got me curious about the Sweet Almond Verbena too, Chantell, although I'd probably have to overwinter it inside if I can.

It seems to me my trailing verbena has layered on its own, so that's something you might try... rather than taking a cutting to root, just pin a stem down to the ground, maybe bury a little section of it and then put a rock on top... see if you get roots, then sever it from the mother plant and dig it up after a couple more weeks.

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

bump for chantell

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Well I received my almond verbena and discovered I already had one growing so I planted it in another spot and now I cannot find it. Does anyone else ever do this or should I just lock myself up now. I have been looking for this darn plant for a week now!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm guessing you'll find it when it blooms... the nose knows! :-)

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

If it is not dead already. I have to do a lot of watering by hand and it has already been int he 80s for a few days. I am going to try once more when I get home to find the little guy.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Before I started using the journal here on DG - I'd forget where anything was. I hate using tags not to mention kids and canines tend to uproot those. I will use the branch tags for plants though. Any - who - I've been using the journal and it keeps me "semi" organized in that I know what I have - so I dont' duplicate and a rough idea where it is. I also try (will do better this year) to take pics of things when they're up so I remember a little more specifically WHERE they are...LOL

Del Valle, TX

My sweet almond verbena is putting on leaves and is as tall as my arbor come to think about it is taller--I didn't know the frangance was stronger during the day as I never smelled it at night. So goes to show you learn something every day!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.