Your Favorite Fragrant Nursery/Vendor - talk to me...

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

High shipping is one thing tends to put me off...unless it's a remarkable packing job (i.e. you know they put $$ into their shipping supplies) and/or you can order combine many plants for that shipping, I will say when I rec'd the 2 Tea/Sweet Olives last month - I understood why they charged what they did for shipping...nice BIG root balls on these plants - read HEAVY

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Gardino Nursery is very high on my list and so many cool plants Ive never seen before there! I have been spending way too much time on Ebay lately and Ive really found some deals on my "must haves" plant list. I see Zone 9 tropicals was also mentioned... I was at a RU last year and that was one of our stops. Wayne has an amazing assortment of plants that he grows himself in his backyard greenhouse. I have some odd ball gardenias coming from his this spring.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Heavinscent: What ebay vendors do you like?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Caren - you are so lucky! Was that RJ's RU? I can't wait to get my plants from Wayne when it warms a bit!!!!

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

That was it... RJ's garden is amazing! Its like you get transported to the rain forest as you pass thru the gates!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I've oooo'd and ahhhhh'd over his pics for some time now....very sweet guy on top of having a magnificent yard!! Not to mention as generous a soul as yourself!!!

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Sorry happ, I missed you question about Ebay vendors... My faves in no special order:

beloved1**** Ablution here on DG Sells mainly Cannas and the Brugmansia

charlene5448 sells some cool odd ball seeds and isn't too bad on shipping.

corrine8639 Cannagirl on DG sell a bunch of different tropicals and perennials

dergaertner_1 A German seller that I know from other forums... Sells the freshest Brugmansia and passiflora seed!

dogwooderitternet This guy sends HEAVILY rooted cuttings and starter plants always well packed and super healthy!

jmglvr Emmagrace on DG she sells mostly MG seeds but there are also alot of other odd ball seeds from time to time.

smartseeds lots of odd ball seeds.

wellspring100 sells alot of Agristarts like plants and some other interesting tropicals

tasteeclectic always had something new and interesting. mostly seeds

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Too lazy to look...but if I didn't write it already....in full agreement with Caren re dogwooderitternet this will be my 3rd year ordering from him - always VERY pleased with the plants rec'd - very healthy root systems....matter-a-fact he's the one that gave me the idea for using rice hulls in my soil mix.

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I was wondering what that stuff was.... I was thinking grain? Where do you get that?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Find someone local that sells beer brewing supplies...they'll have it...if that's a no go then the vendor I found that carries it with decent s/h chgs is: Pinetree Garden https://www.superseeds.com/products.php?search=Rice%20Hulls

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Heavin!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.