What's in bloom today - Part 2

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

OMG. Must have Gervase. Peppermint and coconut ice cream were my favs at HoJos-I used to work there in another lifetime. And I was very skinny and could eat dairy. Good memories!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I agree with Boojum about 'Gervase'. Stunning color.

Here is 'Picotee', sorry that I didn't get a clear picture of the fine red edge. Lots more spiking, Yippee!!!!

Happy New Year, blooms galore all. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

ditto on gervase, must have too. different looking

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Ok, I did it, I just ordered Gervase and Picotee :)

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Cantate, a Dutch Standard from Tulip World

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Cantate (top), Red Nymph, surrounded by Exotic Peacock.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

bsharf - That photo makes a stunning computer desktop. It turns the heads of everybody walking by.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Good idea.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Harlequin, an African double (miniature) from Royal Colors It sure reminds me of Trentino, if Trentino had been doubled.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Lemon Star, a Dutch Standard from American Meadows

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Moonlight, a Dutch small flowered cultivar from American Meadows.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Triad(for a few more, NC(Zone 7a)

Hi All,
Here is my first of many Christmas Amaryllis to bloom. I got this one in MA in November but I forgot the name of it.

Thumbnail by susandonb1141
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

bsharf, I do like that Harlequin one too. Another for my list of wants.

Susan, pretty, no name. Looks like it could be 'Apple Blossom'. Patti

Donau is opening today.

Thumbnail by boojum

And Minerva is threatening.

Thumbnail by boojum

Here's Giraffe. Been open since before Xmas!

Thumbnail by boojum

Here's a new one-Paris-which looks nothing like Paris so far. I might need a good ID for a white. I don't know any whites except Amputo and that is small and trumpetty.

Thumbnail by boojum
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Boojum, I adore Giraffe, almost as much as 'Chico". I don't know 'Donau'. I am coming up this week or next. I might have to stop by and meet the new kids. Game? Patti

Yup!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Tis was in a Piquant box at Shopco, but after looing at the plant files I think it may be Christmas Star? What do you think? It is 12" tall and flower is about 5". Any other ideas?

Susan

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Do you have a photo of the bloom you think is Christmas Star?
This is Fantasy from White Flower Farm. I have no information on it. It looks very much like Gervase, perhaps a tiny bit darker. This is a judgement call whether or not Fantasy and Gervase are the same cultivar.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Fantasy on the top, Gervase on the bottom.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Madrid on the top, Lady Jane on the bottom.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Pink Rain from White Flower Farm

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Rosado, a cybister from White Flower Farm

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

White Lady from Fernwood Farm. I have no information about this one. The bloom has a pretty frilled edge even when it first opens, and is 5.5 inches in diameter.

Thumbnail by bsharf

My "Paris" buds are starting to look a bit pink. Maybe another Apple Blossom.

I think they are both Gervase. I love Rosado!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Your Fantasy and Gervase sure look like the same ones. Here's the photo of what I think May be Christmas Star.
Or could it be Gilmar. It seems to have white along the inner edge of each petal down near the throat and some tips are white, but not a white edge all the way around. I would call it a Fire engine or Christmas red color.

susan

This message was edited Jan 6, 2009 12:08 AM

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I agree that it isn't Piquant. The Christmas Star doesn't have all that red deep in the center. It sounds crazy, but Gilmar is actually closer, since it has the red markings in the middle. even though the color is usually considered to be more of a cherry red.

This message was edited Jan 6, 2009 6:53 AM

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Springtime from Fernwood Flower Farm. I have no information about this one. It looks very similar to Summertime. Its another judgement call as to whether of not they are the same cultivar. This is a case where I wish they were both in bloom at the same time.

Thumbnail by bsharf

Welp I got a big "Minerva" from a friend and it is open today but I don't recognize it. Here are the flowers in front.

Thumbnail by boojum

And the back. Anyone know it's name?

Thumbnail by boojum
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

boojum, I sure can't seem to find a match for yours in the plantfiles, but it's pretty.

Barbara, thanks for pointing out the red in the center of my unknown. I was so focused on matching up the white areas that I missed seeing that. I think I'll mark it Gilmar someone comes up with a closer match.

Susan

I looked up my pics of Gilmar from a few years ago.

Thumbnail by boojum

Another. It is more cherry red than your pic.

Thumbnail by boojum
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Red Charm, White Lady and Jewel.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Amsterdam, a Dutch Standard from American Meadows. I'm not impressed so far, since it isn't opening up all the way. I think that it might be a fused double scape with 7 buds. The buds are all pointed upward, and much too crowded. Fortuantely a second scape has started, and hopefully it will give me a better idea of what it is supposed to look like.

This bulb was very very slow to get started. I actually thought that it was a dud, until just before Xmas. The scape is also very short.

This message was edited Jan 7, 2009 12:41 PM

Thumbnail by bsharf
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I think I have thatone, no action yet. I have two Naganos from Bleek getting ready to put a show

Oh I like that Amsterdam! Especially that echo of pink in the center.

Still can't figure out what this one is.

Thumbnail by boojum

And I can't wait to figure out what this "Paris" is.

Thumbnail by boojum

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.