Newest I CAN thread

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

So she's named after you, Cathy? What a thrill that must be!!! Congratulations to mother and baby (and Dad and Grandpa and Grandma, of course)!

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Congratulations Cathy4, I think babies are such a happy occasion. What a Blessing!!! I am thrilled for you.
I can't wait for grandbabies. My eldest daughter married a guy with 3 kids so I have some to play with already but they are not really mine. I love them just as much I think but I need a baby to rock badly. I would just quit everything else and rock. I love babies. Until they wake me up at midnight so I will just do the day shift and send them home.LOL.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Glad to see this thread alive and well again. I can garden quite well in my large flower pots and with coke cans for drainage i can move them where ever i want them. I'm trying to make a small maze with them and have little surprises in little curves. Have an angel with a bird so far. Am lookingfor alittle flowerpot to put glass beads in for another.
I've got to put cages around my tomatoes but it's raining today. Maybe tomorrow.
Cathy, So proud for you and grandbaby.
leaflady, Am in the same boat (forgive the pun ) as you are. This weather has been bad for the gardens and good for the poison ivy. I noticed this morning several of my daylillys are putting up buds. Had given up hope of any blooms. Now i can look forward to being surprised at what colors they are. If i don't get my tomatoes caged they will fall over in the mud.
I put a flag on my husbands grave yesterday.Want to go get 2 more flags. I saw a Korean Vet and a Civil war vet that should have flags too. There are probably more but i can afford just a couple.
Vickie

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Good play on words, Vickie. lol I enjoy that kind of humor.

It has rained all day so we didn't take Jack( really his ashes in the biscotti jar) to the flower gardens today. It was Sheila's idea and I like it. I think we have gotten about 1" of rain so far today. That makes about 5" in the past week or so.

Congratulations on the new grandbaby, Cathy. Yes they can be wonderful.

I planted some seeds & a clemitis plant today. I also made a phone call & found all the poultry but the goslings I have been looking for.He had geese but they were mature and not very tame. I now have a pair of white Silkie chickens & a trio of Khaki Campbell ducks(all mature birds). Then when filling the van with fuel for the week I realized I was right next to an Orscheln Farm & Home Supply store where there were probably still some booted banty chicks. I bought the last 10 they had. Some are Buff Orppintons others a breed I don't know the name of tho I think we have had them before.

GOD bless & keep each of you.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I know it sounds silly but I am just a little afraid of chickens! When I was young I caught a bandy hen's chick and she beat the stuffing out of me! I really freak at things that fly!

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

(Kay) Hi everyone. Actually, Psychw2, that fear is common enough that doctors even have a name for it. When the fear is full blown it is called Alektorophobia.

It would be interesting to know how many people with Alektorophobia could trace it back to a banty. Those little things can be wicked! My grandmother's banty rooster had a starring role in my childhood nightmares.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Welcome Kay!

Oh great!! Now I can give my co-worker a NAME for it so he can stop teasing/threatening to release moths in my office! LOL

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I don't allow birds that turn mean to live here any longer. None of my banty hens behave like that. My parents had a rooster that was mean tho until he went after Daddy one day. That was the end of that bird.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

leaflady, Those silkies are truely beautiful birds. The buffs(do i remember right?) are enormous golden chickens.We had some of those once. You lucky person!!!
Psychw2, Beleive me you are not alone in fright of chickens. I wont bet about the banty. DD is afraid of chickens too because of a mean red banty rooster. He made great dumplings.

Welcome Kay.

Hehehe... dumplings!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Yes, even banty BOs can get good size. The standards are HUGE birds. No room around here for birds of that size. I don't bother to dress out banties when I dispose of them. Not enough meat to make it worth the work. They just get put into the compost barrels. I skin chickens when I get a big enough one to dress out. So much faster and less mess.

Silkies have such pretty blue ears! The 2 I just bought are fairly gentle. Once caught they are easy to hold and pet.

I need to get moving and see how much of the kitchen I can get put back together this morning with Holly's help to get the sliders under the cabinets. I want to somehow fasten the slidders to the cabinets permenently but am not sure how to do that. I don't want any more tears in the new vinyl.

GOD bless & keep you all. I'm going to start a new thread as thiis one is getting really long. See everyone there.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

I did'nt mean to not come back to this thread. Must be getting senile.
Thanks for the info on BO. I thought my GM had raised some.
I'm wanting to get some vinyl for my little LR and Kitchen floors. I saw some at Lowes i liked. Looks like rocks.
LOL psyche2, I did'nt say he made a lot of dumplings.
I've read that the skin has the most cholestrol. Sure makes good fried chicken tho.
What are sliders? Something everyone knows but me. LOL

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Sliders seem to be the same thing as Moving Men. They are thick felt pads on a hard plastic disc that you set furniture, appliances, etc. & move. They prevent carpet & vinyl tears in many instances. You can keep them in place for as long as you wish. to prevent the shart legs, ect. from cutting into the flooring . I didn't know what they were either until I found them in the store. My youngest DD talked about MM for a long time but I didn't know just what she was talking about. Hope this helps you, Cando

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.