All this hosta talk...

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

With all this new hosta talk, I went out this a.m. and got 2 more, lol, just couldn't help myself.

Got Island charm and lakeside cha cha, both at 30% off!!!

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Hey jody, I was just about to do the same thing. I guess it really is an addiction. Besides I need to go buy smokes too!!!! (another addiction) sue

Kevil, KY(Zone 6a)

I have had trouble growing Island Charm, hope you have better results.

Topeka, KS(Zone 5b)

You will love L. Cha Cha. A real fast grower for me and I love the color and the "attitude" of it's growth habit. She seems to stand there, hands on hips, nose in the air and say, "hey, I'm Cha Cha and I'm cool." Give it plenty of room.

Good luck with Island Charm. I agree with Iris, tho' -- they are slow growers and slugbait. When it first comes up next spring, put lots of slug pellets close by (or sand, beer, whatever your slug killer of choice).

Stick with us, kid, and we'll have you buying hostas on a daily basis! (wink, wink)

Just a little update on the shopping!!! I bought 4 more, you just had to get me stared Jody!!!!! I got scooter, ellerbroek, great expections and whirlwind!!!!!!! Maybe we should do a secret hosta trade?? sue

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Alright Sue!!! Hehehehee So glad I am not alone on buying hosta's.

Thanks for the advice irisday and blonde elf, appreciate it. I probably shouldn't say or I might jinx myself but for the 3 or 4 years I've had hosta's, never have I had a slug, sshhhh, don't want them to hear and come running, lol.

Sue, do you really want a secret hosta trade? Believe it or not, lol, I'd consider organizing another one for the hosta lovers. I think...lol.

Carver, MA(Zone 5a)

I'd love a secret hosta trade

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

Jody, I was thinking a secret hosta trade would be a good idea to get our new hosta forum off the ground; just one more, before the cold weather sets in. Wasn't sure I could get this organised, but since you offered..... John

YES! YES! YES! YES! JODY! I would love a hosta secret trade! Have you seen some of these people's list! BIGDAVE just listed some on another post that I have NEVER heard of. I asked for for one of each, I said please! (maybe it will work) DAVE thank-you for adding a hosta forum! I Promise to split all my hosta trade's 50/50 with you and Trish!!!!!! sue

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

LOL, Sue, you are too cute!!!! The sign up is posted!!

:)

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Hey Sue, I guess the secret trade will us another good reason to go shopping huh, lol.

Jody, my husband called me at work today to ask what the withdrawls were on the mac card!!!!! I hate to tell him MORE HOSTA, but I guess he will notice sooner or later!!!! Oh well I guess I should run and get more so he doesn't have to get upset next week too!!!!!!! sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.