Much to be Thankful for

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Our holiday season has given us much to be thankful for. Wednesday night my daughter Jen delivered her second child little Lucas. Quick easy and uneventful both mother and child are doing great.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Lucas, is in great company this week as both of my parents birthdays were also this week. My Dad turned 80 and Mom turned 78 this week.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

He is our second grandson and cousin JR can't wait to meet him.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Congratulations to Mom, Dad and well everyone in the family.
Holly, do you consider us related now, my daughter's married name is Lucas. LOL Also her birthady is Nov. 21st.
Glad you started a new thread, now you can post the grow up pictures. ; ^ )

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL, Lucas is a family name that is why it was used as his first name. Maybe we are closer than we know.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Congratulations on baby Lucas and to your entire family! Look at all that dark hair!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Welcome to the world baby Lucas! Congrats to the whole family. Glad to hear the delivery went well. This is a BIG week in my family too, birthday-wise.
Jan

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Congrats, how wonderful, and nice for all that they were home for TG. I came home the next day after my second too. My third kid--I took advantage of one more day IN the hospital, with DH at home!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Lucas....what a wonderfully strong name....and that hair...OMG!!!! So glad the delivery went smoothly...what a blessing!!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally No Jen and the baby had to set out for TG but we did send them some food. Jen did go home on Friday morning. They are all doing very well. Little Lily thinks baby is great even if she can't say Lucas yet. LOL
Chantell, How are things going with your new addition???

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

HollyAnn: What a lovely picture of you with your 2 grandchildren! They make for wonderful memories!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ahhh she's doin' fine....just VERY cranky (read nonstop crying each night - colic??? who knows)...so glad when they grow out of these fits. Much rather deal with temper tantrums of an 18 month old

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Holly, Lucas certainly is something to be thankful for. It is so much fun to watch toddler's reactions to their newborn siblings. Being grandparents is wonderful. All of the joys and none of the drudgery!!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Do we hear a huge AMEN from the congregation?!?!? ^_^

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Yes, I love being a Grams all the fun none of the responsibility. LOL
Chantell, Glad to hear that all is well with your family. To bad about the Colic??? that can be stressful, hopefully it will settle down and baby and all will be feeling better soon.
I've picked up a cold and have not been to visit for a few days and will be staying home for a little while longer.

Crozet, VA

Great looking grandchildren Holly. Congratulations on Lucas becoming a member of such a wonderful family.

I can remember while I was waiting to become grandmother, that I had some hesitations. First off, I didn't want to admit to being old enough to be one. ha-ha Well, I can't think of number two, so there we have it, I didn't wan't to be old enough to be one.

Today, grandmother is the proudest title I wear. I am right along with Chantell in that it has been 18 months of some of the purest joy a person will ever experience. My face sometimes hurts after visits with Emily because I have grinned so much and so wide.

JR and Lily are both very lovely children too. JR looks so proud of his costume. Can't wait to see more pics of all of them. Thanks for sharing your joy with us Holly.

Ruby

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Ruby, Good to hear from you. Everyone is doing very well and I'm heading up to see Lily & Lucas today. How lucky we all are to be Grams.

Crozet, VA

I am thinking of going and visiting my little Emily later today. I originally thought that I was supposed to baby sit her today while her parents went shopping, but was told yesterday that they already shopped and took her with them. So, will see if I will have the energy later today. Hope so, I love the time I have with her.

Ruby

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ruby, Boy could I use some energy, too. Seems like all Ric and I do is run, run, run. JR came last night to visit while his parents shopped and he is coming back today to help decorate the tree. I sure hope the tree is ready to decorate today. We are running terribly behind this year. Sure missed having Josh around yesterday. I started to move all the plants up stairs and sure could have used some extra muscle. Picked though each one cleaning out the dead leaves, then the shower, then spray with Neem and finally carried upstairs. I have 6 more good size plants to do and the floor to wash and wax then we can get the tree up. Later today we will be making wreaths so maybe the tree decorating will wait till tomorrow. I can keep JR overnight and he can help make wreaths today and decorate tree tomorrow. Guess we will see how it all works out. You take care of yourself and have a nice visit with that little angel.

Crozet, VA

Didn't end up going. My son Ben and I spoke several times on the phone yesterday morning trying to decide on times for me to come. When all was said and done, I began feeling sick to the stomach and spent the day on the couch and not getting one thing done other than watching TV. Oh well. Did convince me of one thing.....off to the doctor I will go tomorrow. Really feeling rather lousy.

I am looking forward to when Emily is old enough to help doing things such as decorate the tree. I am sure that she would be lots of fun to have around while doing it now, but certainly would need to be redone after allowing her to do what she could reach. Eighteen months is probably not a good age for helping decorate the tree. ha-ha

Oh my gosh. Your place sounds like mine. Have ten things to do in order to do one, such as putting up your tree. You will have done a day's work with just moving the large plants out of the sun room, much less mop and wax the floor.

Have fun with wreaths and tree. Share pics if you will of the wreaths and the tree.

Ruby

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

We are still running behind but it is all starting to come together. The plants are all upstairs and the floor is done. JR came yesterday but was sick laid on the couch and watched cartoons between many trips to the bathroom, it was coming out both ends poor child. The tree will get hung this morning and by tonight the inside will all be decorated. If JR is feeling better he will come back today to help. Check out this thread it will have some pictures of the wreaths and swags Ric and Josh made last night.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/932113/
Hope you are feeling better soon no fun to be sick around the holidays.

Crozet, VA

Thanks Sweetie - Will check it out.

Ruby

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Holly, I just saw this. Congratulations! What a beautiful baby and a perfect Christmas present.

I love the photo of your dad with Lucas.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Just saw this thread too...congrats hope the baby is doing well....what a cutie and a full head of hair too....makes me want to have another.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I was just over there this afternoon. Yes everyone is doing great. Had a great time playing with little Lily bug and holding Lucas. I usually see them once a week sometimes a little more often. Can't beleive I walked out without the camera today. I think I'm going up there again tomorrow to hold Lucas while Jen does some painting. My, My how hard it is to be a Grams. LOL

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

I can't help smiling everytime I open the Mid-Atlantic forum and see the little picture of Lucas on this thread. Lord love a baby!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Pam you are right. My cousin was here the other night. He and his wife were babysitting their brand new GS. Oh he was so sweet and beautiful. Babies are just wonderful.

Here is a new picture of our Lucas. Check out those fat little cheeks.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

And his sister Lily playing on the spring horse at Grams house.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Holly, They are both beautiful.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh my...LOVE those cheeks and that back lit pic, Holly is gorgeous!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

What beautiful babies, Holly. Don't you want to just smooch those cheeks?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks guys, I really do enjoy them and lucky to have all 3 of my grandchildren close. Here is dear JR he is getting so big and is so good with his cousin Lily.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

YOU have MY bathing suit....I think...well before it faded to oblivion from the chlorine in the jacuzzi...LOL

Shenandoah Valley, VA

He's adorable too. I like that swimsuit.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Chantell, Is this it? I love this suit. I'm not risking it in the hot tub I have a different suit to were out there, depending on how dark it is. LOL

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

VERY very similar....dum-dum me I didn't know it would fade...ugh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.