Chit Chat - Everyone Welcome - Part 96

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/925788/

Everyone is welcome, come and sit a spell.

Thumbnail by phicks
South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Aww, puppies! They are so cute, are they yours Paul?

Sandy, tell Andre that plastic is not a food group, bad dog.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Plastic, paper, socks all are food groups for the brat
Sandy

Sinking spring, PA(Zone 5b)

Cute puppies!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

AWWWWWWWWWW, I want those puppies...,,, DH says no more... lol
Sandy,,, hope Andre didn't eat any of that plastic..

Elaine

No he just loves to tare things up. He always spites them out as long as there is no food on it. I forget to include toys and boxes.
Sandy

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

very good Andre.. spit out the bad stuff.. lol

I think he spits out becouse he can tare up faster that way. Back when I was trying to find toys that he would not destroy, I one day get a box that I know had 2 toys in it. I throw it into the air. He had it as soon as it hit the grown. I hate to say it but it took him longer to destroy the box that the 2 toys. The postman was standing there laughing. My boy loves the postman and the ups delivery persons. And it is always a race to see which one of us gets to the boxes first. LOL
Sandy

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Not My Puppies they vist me from next door paul

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

oh,, those visiting puppies can become permanent.. lol. Sandy, glad your boy loves the postman.......

Good morning. Woke up with a splitting headache WHY?
Advil hopefully now working on it....
And I have a LOT to do today...
Everyone get ready for the final countdown to The Big Feast!

I am up to. Went to sleep after 1 am and bong was awake at 5:30am

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Hetty, sorry about the headache, not a good place to be when you wake up. Is the humidity down where you are? Maybe it's the weather change, or have you had your caffeine hit regularly?

A guy I work with decided to reduce his coke intake. Said he got bad headache, took Advil and it didn't help. My experience is, ibruprophen is good for inflamation, not caffeine withdrawal. So he had a coke and headache was gone.

Sandy, I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30 last night, so when the dogs woke me up at 4:30 to pee (I was in bed by then) I stayed up. Felt like I had my requisite hours of shut eye. I can't seem to watch a program through without taking naps during commercials and forgetting to wake up. Good thing the programs are all old re-runs on satellite. They will show it again in a few days.

All right, it's 18 here this morning. Hope your temps are warmer than that.

I have long since got everything into the greenhouse that needs to be in there and everything outside is now dead looking and sleeping for the winter. I spread pine needles over all the beds and still have a pile left. Oops, maybe I should have put some over the rock garden.

As I walk around outside I dead head old blooms that went to seed and spread them around in the beds. I have visions of coneflowers, blanket flowers, zinnias, cosmos, salvias and whatever, growing seedlings and filling the beds with flowers in the spring. These are all the tried and true plants that have established a fondness for my meager sand/soil and perform all during the growing seasons.

Sounds like a wonderful day dream doesn't it?

Now for the rest of fall and through the winter I will do my gardening in the greenhouse. There's a patio loveseat in there so when I get sleepy from the warmth, I COULD sit down and take a nap where it's toasty. Like I would actually do that........not. Sleeping the daytime hours away is not in me.

I trimmed back all the plants in there that had an attitude. They believed they were trees, growing up to the ceiling. Put as many cuttings as I could handle into pots and hope to get rooted plants by spring that I can plant them outside.

All the coleus I cut before the first frost last October, are all rooted, some still in water, but most in a planter in the GH. They will go back out in the beds in the spring. I was glad to save them, they were some of my favorite that Sidney had shared with me.

After almost 2 weeks of no jobs, we are finally back to work yesterday. We might have a decent Christmas after all.

Good Morning!!!!
Molly

Linda sorry about your heater, that is awful and such bad timing.
Molly thanks for the idea about caffeine withdrawal but I have my usual morning pot of tea right here beside me and haven't had coffee in about 6 years, so I don't think that is it. The humidity has been way down here the past few weeks and yes, that does affect me somewhat, but this came out of the blue! The Advil is taking the edge off it now.... :-)
Oh, and it's 60 here this morning :-)

We haven't heard an update from Jeremy in a day or so. I'd like to know how he is doing; hope he can be home for Thanksgiving.

Have a great day, all.

You said you where doing a lot of yard work? Could be you strained your neck. I know that some movements set off my headaches.

Linda glad to hear from you , sorry about the heat.

It is 41 here.

The neck strain is a good point; I did suffer from that in the past. These days I am more aware of what I do with my neck and I also do pilates exercises for it.

Naples, FL(Zone 10b)

Well, the phone got restored yesterday but the gate people didn't show. It's next Tuesday now. TV got installed and we tried it out with a couple of Blue Ray movies. It's almost unreal. Haven't had the heat on yet. The sunroom seems to store some of the warmth.

Just got me wife her wish for Thanksgiving - I got a haircut. It's the simple things that count. :-)

Now out to do some powerwashing and planting. Just took a few shots of a late November morning in my garden.

Her's the reason I like crotons
Fred

Thumbnail by fredrump
Naples, FL(Zone 10b)

My white poinsettias are preparing for Christmas

Thumbnail by fredrump
Naples, FL(Zone 10b)

It's always odd to me to see this jungle like environment in the winter months

Thumbnail by fredrump
Naples, FL(Zone 10b)

the dombeya is blooming like crazy

Thumbnail by fredrump

Nice job Fred; Happy Thanksgiving.

Comcast is digging up my yard AGAIN. Thank goodness DH was home to oversee the work so they are digging through the path rather than my plumeria beds.... still....

Naples, FL(Zone 10b)

the begonias seem to much happier without the extreme heat of the summer. This is all new growth.

Thumbnail by fredrump
Naples, FL(Zone 10b)

and all these little red hats are popping up all over the place.

Thumbnail by fredrump
Naples, FL(Zone 10b)

Ok, out to work. I hope all of you can be happy and find something to be thankful for. If nothing else, let it be the wonders of nature of which we are all part.

Fred

Thumbnail by fredrump
(Arlene) Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

Good Morning Everyone,

I've been busy, busy, busy but mostly all my projects are completed inside and out. Now I have to concentrate on the holidays. Hoping to have my lights up by Saturday nite. (Hoping- Keyword) LOL!

Paul, How is Seus taking the visitors? They are adorable. Don't even think about dropping one off but if you want to stop by saturday to help out with the lights that would be awesome. : D Say Hi to Monika for me and a big smooch for Seuss.

Sandy I see Andre never stops but he sounds like such a fun dog.

Dutchlady Hope you are feeling better soon.

Mistress the brug had an encounter with an evil squirrel but it is doing so much better. Hope you are soon nice and toasty in your new place.

Molly keep warm my sis must be freezing her buns off too. She is not too far from you. I might be going up to Bronson in the Spring to check out the pty I have up there. If you're available maybe we can go out for coffee/lunch.

Fred you have such a beautiful landscape. I've always loved the crotons but haven't had any luck with them. My dad sent me a huge box of cuttings from Puerto Rico and I managed to kill every single one of them. : (

EVERYONE have a Happy Thanksgiving and May God Bless you, your family and friends.

Thumbnail by Gardenia731
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi all, another cold one tonight

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAMPA BAY AREA - RUSKIN FL
221 PM EST WED NOV 26 2008

...FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY
MORNING...

.COLD AND DRY AIR BEHIND A COLD FRONT...NOW SOUTH OF FLORIDA...
WILL ALLOW FOR STRONG RADIATIONAL COOLING TONIGHT AND VERY EARLY
THURSDAY...WITH SEVERAL HOURS OF FREEZING TEMPERATURES EXPECTED.
FLZ039-042-043-048-049-271300-
/O.CON.KTBW.FZ.W.0013.081127T0700Z-081127T1300Z/
LEVY-CITRUS-SUMTER-HERNANDO-PASCO-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CEDAR KEY...CHIEFLAND...CRYSTAL RIVER...
INVERNESS...BUSHNELL...THE VILLAGES...BROOKSVILLE...SPRING HILL...
NEW PORT RICHEY...ZEPHYRHILLS
221 PM EST WED NOV 26 2008
...FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 8 AM EST
THURSDAY...

A FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 8 AM EST
THURSDAY.

THREE TO 5 HOURS OF FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED ACROSS
LEVY...CITRUS...SUMTER...HERNANDO...AND PASCO COUNTIES EARLY
THURSDAY MORNING.

A FREEZE WARNING IS ISSUED FOR 3 OR MORE HOURS OF TEMPERATURES
BETWEEN 27 AND 32 OVER A WIDESPREAD AREA.

RESIDENTS SHOULD COVER OR MOVE INDOORS ANY COLD SENSITIVE
PLANTS...AND BRING PETS INDOORS THIS EVENING. IN ADDITION...
PRECAUTIONS SHOULD BE TAKEN TO PROTECT EXPOSED PIPES.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Happy Thanks Giveing All Paul

Jacksonville, FL

HAPPY TURKEY DAY ALL!!!

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

~Happy Thanksgiving, all~ : )

Happy Thanksgiving

Good morning and a Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Good morning , Happy Thanksgiving

Jacksonville, FL

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving!

South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Orange Park, FL(Zone 9a)

Happy Thanksgiving! Now where is my Pepcid? LOL

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

The sun is up here in MD and it looks like it will be a lovely day. Perhaps I'll be able to bring in the last few pieces of garden statuary before we get some COLD weather. Don't want the pieces cracking.

I got a 23lb turkey for 3 of us!!!! I could eat turkey every day. I'll take all the white meat off tonite and throw the carcass with the dark meat in the soup pot tomorrow morning. By supper time tomorrow there will be turkey vegetable soup.

My new fridge is to be delivered btwn 0745-0945 tomorrow AM. Luckily it will be cold enough tonite to put stuff from the fridge on the back screened porch.

Hope you all get to eat your fill today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Happy thanksgiving!!!

Had an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Now very full and content and probably in bed soon...

Naples, FL(Zone 10b)

Strange, everybody must be too tired to write. My caladiums have given up with all these chilly nights and are flat on the ground. What a shame but they will arrive again in the new year.

We blessed our new sunroom on Thanksgiving day with a nice early lunchtime steak and had desert for dinner. HD football came in between. Other then clean the pond filters I didn't do much of anything for once. Today the orchids need watering and then we expect delivery of the first bit of furniture to make the sunroom a bit more homy. I'm going to find myself a rack to bring my phals inside as they don't like all these 50 degree nights.

Fred

Thumbnail by fredrump

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.