Welcome KashtanGeorge from Sochi, Russia Part IV

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Time to begin a new thread already, we came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/796976/

Welcome back George! Let's continue our discussion of traveling, landscape, photography, cooking, gardening to arts, George was interested in designing a water garden/feature. Let's get together and help George with the project. ^_^

Thumbnail by Lily_love
North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Kim. I just stated on the other thread, that we need a new one and here it is. ;o))

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks Kim, for connecting this thread with the last. George, the Senna's flower is roughly 2" across, but they're born in clusters. They are hostplant to Sulpher butterflies, beside their ornamental purpose.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

George we've been corresponding for sooo long I can't remember if I showed you my pond. Sorry if I already did, but here are a couple pictures from my backyard.

Thumbnail by jeri11
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

That is the waterfall and top pond.

This is the bottom pond.

Thumbnail by jeri11
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Jeri, beautiful pix. Jim recognized the pix right away and missed spending time with you and friends.

BTW, how did you keep the beautiful eagle from flying away? LOL.

George; for a smaller scale of water garden, here is mine. A smaller pond with a bridge across. This houses roughly 2,000 gallons water for a few kois and gold fish, but it's in the shade so aquatic plants don't do well in mine. Jeri water garden is at a grand scale, situates in a sunny beautiful garden setting which is about 10x as big as mine.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Kim1, Kim2, thank you for the new thread!
Great to be in touch with ye'all!!!
Jeri, you've got a wonderful oriental pond design! I'vnt seen your previous postings of the pond yet. It looks very much like you've got a garden somewhere nere here in Sochi. Lol. Well, it's sorta funny, but we've got the same trees here: the Chinese windmill palm (Trachycarpus fortunei), Magnolia grandiflora, Eucaliptus... Wow, and the rockaries of the sedimentary rocks are very much like ours!
Kim2, gorgeous composition of a cast-iron bridge and the autumnal leaves of the bush! It remindes me one of St.Petersburg suburban palaces.

Here's the pic of one of my uncle's ponds under construction.

Thumbnail by KashtanGeorge

And another pic.
He sets me a good example of beeing about 70 and making almost all the works by himself! He says it's like physical training for him. He's a great friend and neighbor, though he is about 300 yards away.

Another pic of my favorite warerfall in June.

Alex is like a koala-(bear) in the woods. LoL.

Alex is too cute! Great photos! I hope you enjoy the chocolate shake. Some people leave out the egg whites and some add malt. You want to give those a try, too.

Kim1, the shake turned out unbeatable! Real delicately delicious! I tasted it with a bunch of friends and decided to call it Mid-South!
This time I used egg whites.

Here's a pic of SPb from last July.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

My grandfather used to make me a Meretine (sp) shake. It was like Ovaltine but he always put vanilla ice cream and an egg in it, it was sooooooooooo good!

Awesome pictures, and Alex is cute! Quite the little climber too!

Crissyr, Ovaltine or Mid-South is awesome!
Please, check my extraterrestrial contribution to DG! Lol
www.davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/923676/#new

Oh George, I am so glad that y'all liked the shakes! I am quite honored that you named it Mid-South. Just wait until you visit us in the Mid-South, we will introduce you to all kinds of very tasty foods ;o)

Kim

LOL Kim He will definitely enjoy it, as much as he's enjoying that mid-south

George way cool! I'm sure that little piece was worth the $$. Can you see the damage from it on a map? I love studying things like that, should have been an archeologist.

Kim1, it sounds exciting! Lol.
When we were in Gemany we visited a number of restaurants. I real like German cuisine too!LoL

Hahaha, Crissyr, nope, I don't recognise anything on the Google Earth!

Here's the amethyst geode from Brasil at the Fersman Mineralogical Museum in Moscow. I was just impressed with those at the store eather.

This message was edited Nov 26, 2008 2:38 PM

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Wow George, that amethyst is WOW, WOW!!! (pardon me I became speechless, lol).

Me too! That is the most gorgeous amethyst I have ever seen! And the largest!

Kim2, Crissy, I'm delighted you like that stone. I've seen, and was real impressed with the even bigger ametyst geode from Brasil ( about 2 meters high) at the store, where I purchased the fragment of the meteorite and the fossil! That one cost about $10000LoL. I thought that would've been great for my hallway's niche, if lighted in a proper way. Well, sometimes later. Sigh.

Happy Thanksgiving to ye'all!!!

The Chamaecyparis' fence in one of the St.Petersburg's yards tonight.

This message was edited Nov 26, 2008 2:59 PM

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Truly beautiful pictures, George. My geode is very small with only white crystals. Not worth very much...if any ;o)

Kim

Thank's a lot to ye'all! And happy Thanksgiving!!! Everything's lovely and the goose hangs! :-)

This message was edited Nov 27, 2008 10:33 PM

LOL Kim!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!

Crissyr, great hearing from ye'all!

Here's the view on the sea through the pines from the highway. The late October.

I'm planing of going to the south from St.Pete soon to get new pics and have some fun too.

How'd ye'all getting along? Haven't heard of ye'all lately. Any news?

I like this pic from the last April in Vladimir region of Russia.

And the pic of a young nettle in the early April morning over there. The good reminder of the Spring to come again?

Oh how fun! We went to Shreveport for Thanksgiving and had a ball! Unfortunately work called so we had to come back, but I just found out yesterday that I'm going to have Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the day after Christmas off, then the weekend so we might go to New Orleans but really want to wait on that until the beginning of February when Marti Gras is taking place. I have a feeling we're going to go somewhere, even if it's just down to Shreveport again LOL!

Crissyr, looks, like Shreveport is a real cool place to go!!! For Mardi Gras! Sorry for my French. LOL

Oh that is pretty!

Marti Gras is held in New Orleans down on the French Quarter on Bourbon Street, but a lot of cities across the nation celebrate it to a much lower scale. Shreveport was just a get away trip where we happened to find this really cool night club and got to know the manager and bartenders and all.

Shoot, don't worry about your French, I'm a city girl from CA trying to be a country girl in the South. Lol, that's a hoot!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

LOL!!! Crissy we go to Shreveport /Bossier City for the Mardi Gras parades!!! We already have reservations for Feb. 20-22 for the parade there. We stay at the RV park at Diamond Jack in Bossier.

George that last picture is awesome!!!!!

Jeri, it's the Black Sea! I was knee-deep in the sea water. I wonder I didn't dip my camera. lol

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

That is beautiful!!! It looks alive!!!

Shreveport has Marti Gras parades? I didn't think about that, duh, Sacramento has Marti Gras Parades lol

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

The ones in Shreveport are more family orientated than the ones in N.O.

That's cool! I love Shreveport but would like to check out New Orleans too. I don't think I'd care anything about walking in the French Quarter during Marti Gras though, I'm a people person to an extent, but there's that fine line, if you know what I mean lol!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Crissy the earliest memory I have of Mardi Gras was when I was 5. I know all about N. O. LOL!!! The parade routes are crowded but the rest of the city runs like normal.

Merry Christmas to ye'all!!!!

Palace square at night.

Thank you, George. Today, and the rest of the week, I will eat enough for 4 people ;o) But, yum, it will be gooood.

Kim

This message was edited Dec 25, 2008 8:11 AM

Thumbnail by duckmother

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.