weather!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Not many places to Toboggan in Buffalo? That is sad to see tradition go. I am sorry for that.
:( Perhaps if enough people put up a fuss, they will bring it back.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Speaking of Toboggans....I have to tell you what sprang to mind when you mentioned sledding and Toboggans!
I have 6 older brothers...not an angel in the bunch! Oldest brother was not there during this so the story is about brother #2,3,4,5, &6.
Brothers #2,3,4,& 5 took brother #6's wooden toboggan without permission. It was an 8 footer and held quite a few adults at the same time. It was bro # 6's pride and joy, he wiped and waxed it down after every use and hung it in the garage. He never let me use it, heck he wouldn't even give me a ride...the big meannie!!
The night in question, brothers 2,3,4,and 5 asked a neighbor next door if he wanted to go with them sledding. They went over to the pits where they had built 10ft jumps off the snowbanks that had been plowed at the base of this certain hill. The hill was behind the National Guard building which is entirely brick and the neighbor was 6ft 275lbs. I tell you these facts so you'll understand what happened and how it happend to the poor toboggan.
All of 5 of them hopped on that toboggan, and down the hill they went. They hit the jump, took flight for about 15ft. in the air where they promtly hit the brick wall of the building. No one was seriously injured but the next morning when brother # 6 went out to the garage to get his toboggan, the entire neighborhood heard him yell!!!! I happen to look out the window (because of the noise) and there stood bro #6 holding up a rope with what looked like giant toothpicks attached. I do believe the devil in me that didn't get a ride on it..... might of grinned.

I am glad I never had kids. Now I am glad I never had brothers or sisters.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Celeste, that is a hilarious story! Not for brother #6, though, I'm sure.

Willie, too bad to hear about that tobogganing tradition going the way of the dinosaur. I hate when politics go awry like that. I see it too often. Nuff said about that.

Karen

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Did brother number 6 get a new taboggan??? That is one story that just put a smile on my face! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.